Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just picked up this game in the sale, and man it's good. I played the Paris mission like 3 times already, I should probably carry on with the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

where the red fern gropes posted:

only 3 times? casual

I just bought the game yesterday! :negative:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I threw a coin in the fountain at the start of the Paris mission because I thought it'd be pretty funny, and I unlocked a challenge. This game :allears:

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also have a helpful tip. If you want to expose electrical wires in a puddle, make sure you aren't standing in that puddle when doing so. Ask me how I know :downsgun:

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 11, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh wow, Sapienza is like 5 times Paris :staredog:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is there a briefcase sniper rifle in this game? It's kinda hard to go unnoticed while you're carrying a sniper rifle on your back.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Thanks for the quick answers everyone, and especially lol at this part:

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Supposedly there's an engine issue with 47 holding things in his left hand.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What's this talk about fire extinguishers? I only use them to bop people in the head with, am I missing something?

EDIT: Also I love how this game steers you in a direction without giant pop ups or whatever. I just overheard two guards talking about how they found a dead rat in the basement so that must mean the rat poison is working. Great, now I know where to find poison if I need it!
By the way, I found it hilarious how in the World of Tomorrow mission, if you use the expired tomato sauce to cook spaghetti, Silvio Caruso loves it and compliments the cook for finally finding the family recipe. The game is full of little touches like this :allears:

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 14, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ugh, playing through the story and I have to say, Bangkok is the worst level so far. Stupid hotel is a maze, cameras and security everywhere and I just don't see as many options as I did the previous levels.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Lobok posted:

Hokkaido is a bad-rear end Bond level and it's the most graphically gorgeous along with Sapienza.

Yeah I'll give you that, it's beautiful. First time I walked in the main entrance and saw butterflies flying around I said whoa.
I'll just have to play it some more to get a feel of it, because right now it doesn't click like the previous levels did.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh, I thought Bangkok was the name of the level and Hokkaido the name of the hotel. :doh:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, finished the campaign. Now to check out some of those contracts and elusive targets etc. Great game, looking forward to season 2. Gotta say Sapienza is my favorite level I think. Just the atmosphere of the place is amazing.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Discendo Vox posted:

Seriously, the problem with designing actually interesting escalations textually is :words:

The problem is that there's no reason whatsoever to 'textually design escalations'. It's not like someone from IOI is going to read this thread and offer you a job as idea guy.

Anyway, something I was wondering. Is there any difference between the revolvers you can pick? I mean, besides a silencer, that's obvious. But what's the difference between the silverballer and those other guns? I always pick the silverballer because ~nostalgia~.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Blasmeister posted:

The gold 2-2 krugmeir one you can unlock is the most silent of the guns, people won't notice you shooting it over their shoulder, but is a lot weaker at range and doesn't have the hold shift for extra fine aim thing

I'm guessing the extra fine aim thing is pc only? Or what button would it be on ps4?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I started playing escalation contracts, is there any reason to try and get SA in them? Does that unlock anything special?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
How exactly should I do the Paris escalation mission were I have to have a pistol equipped at all times and I can't wear a security guard outfit? I have the feeling I'm missing something because right now it seems impossible.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Discendo Vox posted:

Adrian Eclipse? What's giving you trouble?

Yes. I'm just so used to play it safe that walking around with a pistol at all times gives me trouble. But I guess

Kuiperdolin posted:

You can hide it for up to 7 seconds so hop from safe spot to safe spot.

This is the answer. I'll see what route I can find.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just did the Adrian eclipse final mission, and as I was exiting through the basement exit the mission failed because I didn't have the pistol equipped. I was holding it as I left the level! :argh:

Lol, same but on level 4. I think you have to skip the cinematic? Really dumb though.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

also are you aware of the destructible wall leading into the biolab from the harbor tunnel? trivial to acquire the relevant disguises by using that
The what :monocle:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Nakar posted:

Go down to the bottom level under the shops and near a dumpster is a halfassed repaired wall. That can be blown up and it leads directly into the lab. If you're in the lab, go between the break/camera building and the main lab and around the rocks and crates is the other side. There's a propane tank on the inside of the lab right nearby which you can shoot to blast open the wall and save yourself an explosive.

Oh wow, I didn't know that was possible. Are there other levels where you can blow up walls to gain entrance to special places?

EDIT: speaking of explosives, I picked up the explosive golf ball in the ICA safehouse and everybody seems to realise that I'm carrying an explosive? Even though it looks like a normal golf ball. Weird.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 24, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Nakar posted:

Note that the "figure out the sniper's position and rush them" routine only seems to kick in for shots on people. If you want to save yourself a time buffer, shooting for an accident kill before taking shots on other targets can save time. If you're going full Sniper Assassin, as MeatwadIsGod said you have to shoot fast and then leave the area. Once you're far enough away from the position guards will no longer be suspicious of you. You can notice this on Paris especially: Snipe Dalia and Viktor from the barge and guards will rush toward the underground dock area. It seems crazy but the only way to get out of that is to run and get up the stairs into the garden before they reach them. Then just dash off in another direction and their suspicion pips will vanish because they're specifically looking for a person in the area where the sniper shot came from.

There's plenty of time to snipe them, get off the barge and into the helicopter without getting spotted. At least there was the couple of times I did it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Hank Morgan posted:

Someone posted a hitman roulette website a while back

https://thekotti.github.io/2016.html

Wow, this is cool. Thanks for the link!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

StrixNebulosa posted:

Colorado is frustrating because there's not much to do in it that's particularly fun or funny, but it's hiding away an unlock that I really want. :(

Also I can't complete the hacker escalation without grinding up to the entrance that lets me start as a hacker, because I am not sneaking into the world's most well defended farmhouse for one lousy escalation. I just have to play it, and ughhhh.

It's really easy. Just grab the outfit that's in the moving truck in front of the house and you can walk right in.
For the level of the escalation where you can't wear that disguise, walk to the left corner of the house (where that hacker dude gets outside and has a smoke) and there's an open window there. When the guards aren't looking, sneak in through that.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just love all the callbacks there are in the game. People talking about Viktor Novikov dying, Sanguine shopping bags in hotel suites, so much neat little touches.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I've tried some escalation missions and they're actually really cool. I've discovered whole new areas in some levels. I just spent like 10 minutes running around in Sapienza trying to find a sabre. I ended up wearing a hippie outfit and carrying a big joint instead. I also fired a cannon at a sailboat :D
And since discovering all that cool stuff, I'm wondering if I can use that to actually kill targets. I've said it before, but this game is awesome.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I actually like the escalation missions because I don't care about getting SA in them. It seems impossible too in some cases, especially those with the 'no pacification' restrictions.
Just run in, pop some heads, don't even hide the bodies and get out in the ensuing confusion. Get it done, fast and clean.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

what ways are there to outsource your kills? the ones that come to mind are giving info + drugs to the hokkaido surgeon, and talking to the hotel manager while wearing the pest control disguise in bangkok

Give the DNA virus to Caruso's assistent probably? But then you created a world where the DNA virus actually exists, making hitmen obsolete, so that'd be stupid.
Or maybe the one in Colorado where you convince bomberdude that the latest member of his rebel army really is a FBI mole?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

double nine posted:

bwuh? Rose can kill Graves?

e: found a video on YT, but he did't kill her. I assume you need to induce a panic attack and/or lace his cigarettes?

Also there's the final training mission with the general activating the electrocution slideshow.

No no, I was talking about hypothetical situations where another character could kill your target.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yay, completede the ET with an SA rating and now I have gloves :woop:. I also mastered Paris by completing that mission, and I've unlocked Pro mode. Does that give extra rewards? Or is it just a mode to keep seasoned players busy?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh wow, had no idea you could unlock extra equipment slots.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hokkaido is a very secure location and you are unable to bring any equipment into the hospital. The 20/10 masteries just unlock the same equipment slots you would have normally.

Ah OK. I thought you unlocked an extra slot that you could use in every level. I already had visions of bringing a stack of lethal pills etc in levels :)

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Been playing some Professional mode in Paris. That sure is challenging. Seems like I have to forget everything I know about the map. I'm like: "huh, where's this item?" "Huh, since when are those guards there?" all the time.
It's fun, but I doubt I'll master everything in professional mode.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
"Look Daniel! She's nice!"
Can someone link me to a custom contract so I can kill this woman with her shrieking voice :) I'm tired of hearing that everytime I play the Showstopper.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

julian assflange posted:

I found it hard because I always over complicate things and have, until re-starting the game, underestimated the power of the coin.

Same. I started bringing the lock pick instead of coins. Should probably swap the garotte for coins, since I almost never use it anyway.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

StrixNebulosa posted:

I once cleared out everyone around the guard post in Bangkok through the magical power of throwing a coin outside a hotel room, then stealthily opening the doors and throwing another coin in. Not a single person could keep themselves from picking these coins up, even though everyone in the hall kept magically disappearing.

You don't become a billionaire by not picking up all the money you can find!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wait, you can enter the lab from the observatory? I always go through the garage or blow up that one wall.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I never try for a SO for my first run. How can you explore different areas if you have to be careful to never get spotted?
Hell, most of the times I don't even get SA in the first run.
I try to not look too much at all the challenges, since I find they sort of push you in a general direction.
It's more fun if you stumble across them yourself.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Am u missing something? I just reached level 20 mastery on Sapienza but the morgue starting location still isn't unlocked?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, I just looked up the "Dance till you drop" achievement in Marrakesh because I had no idea how to get it. It's amazing :allears:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just played Hokkaido for like, the second time and I picked another starting location. Why is 47 suddenly a ninja? Wtf :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Nakar posted:

Here's a very silly one, based on an old featured contract with a similar theme:

Accidentally Killplaned Myself (Hokkaido-PC): 1-10-5217131-02
Drown the Hospital Director as the Hospital Director. Now you could wake him up after taking his clothes, but that would ruin your Silent Assassin ranking. So you'll just have to figure out a way to drown him as him without getting caught. Easy, right?

I don't know Hokkaido that well, but the trick is probably to dump him in some water afterwards? Does that count as drowning? I know if you dump people in the Seine, you get the message that they're dead, but I've never seen a pop up say anything about drowning I think.