Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I loving love Hitman. I lliked Absolution as a game but hated it as a Hitman game, and consider Blood Money to possibly be the greatest stealth game of all time

I pray for Hitman 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Interestingly the tutorial level was my favorite part of Absolution

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wait is this game really launching on 3/11 with just one level?

That's kinda...hmm.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Absolution had some nice refinements on the existing systems (the shooting/cover was good, contracts mode was a great idea) but the level design was way too constraining. Even the more "open" levels were really tiny, and the various ways to kill your target all felt really forced - Blood Money and earlier games certain had "scripted" options for kills (like say, rigging the pyrotechnic display in the heaven & hell mission in BM), but the way Absolution did it just felt like ticking off boxes for achievements rather than being rewarded for exploring the level and watching the target's routines.

I feel like Absolution's game feel combined with Blood Money quality level design would easily be the best Hitman game, which seems to be what they're going for with the new one, although it will be hard to say for sure how good the levels actually are until they've released enough to get a good sampling (even Blood Money had a few weaker missions).

the worst mission is blood money is death on the mississippi

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm trying to play Hitman 2 again and I can't. It's too clunky and the guards are way too twitchy and trigger happy. I loving loved this game when I was 15 but I guess there really isn't a reason to go back with BM existing :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

In completely unrelated news with an i5 6600k, 16gb of ram, and a 660 gtx I still can't get playable frames in Absolution on low

Hitman Absolution, the most beautiful looking game of all time

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Different starting locations is very interesting

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

were coins always this OP?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I mean I'd take 10 bm or hitman 2 sized levels over 1 paris, but what can ya do? :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I, too, regularly spend $35 on games that lack polish or quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think shills are supposed to be subtle