Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

status posted:

Not being able to modify weapons sucks. I want a silenced sniper with 2x zoom :(

Fuuuuuck.

Did they at least bring the suitcase back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

For the people complaining about the virus, there's a quick and easy way to destroy it that is actually safer than the "proper" one: simply shoot the stalactite above the research lab from afar.

Also, how the gently caress are you supposed to take the sniper rifle on top of the bell tower without having half of Italy on your rear end?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I miss weapon mods so much 😭😭 tricking out your silverballer was so much fun in BM

The one thing I miss the most from Blood Money is the ability to air juggle enemies with the fully upgraded shotgun.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

nickmeister posted:

What's the difference between the chrome handgun and the extended clip gun? They're both silenced, but there's a feather or something on the silver gun and I don't know what the icon is supposed to mean.

The feather icon means the weapon can be aimed quickly and has an increased rate of fire.

Edit: Holy poo poo, you can kill Francesca with a prototype of the virus. :stare:

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 12, 2016

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

How? I got her DNA from the safe but no idea how to use it.

If you talk to her, she'll go to the big room with all the guards and housemaids and dump the item into the fireplace. If you hurry the gently caress up, you should have enough time to head back to the attic and drop a canister down the flue.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i pulled out my gun by accident cos i'd been playing a different game and forgot the controls and died within 30 seconds. pity you can't play it again :'(

If it's any consolation, you don't get any rewards for killing him.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

"Sorry can't let you in, Willie Nelson"

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Wow, getting the Silent Assassin Suit Only achievement is gonna be a huge pain in the rear end.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Is there a way to make the beggar get off his rear end and move to a more discreet location? I REALLY want that dumb genie costume.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

Which one? I only played Marrakech a pair of times and I don't know who he is.

I was just wasted near one hour following the general and trying different stuff because i imagined he would drink from the wine glass he has in his private office, but no dice. :(

Though it seems there is a way for him to eat something, he is waiting his favorite food from the market.

The guy sitting right outside the default starting location. :v:

As for the general:

You can poison his food before it gets delivered to his office. Head to the area with the protesters and go in the alley on the left (behind the camel statues). It's inside the shop with a green awning.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

UrbicaMortis posted:

Where is the rat poison in the new level? It's been scattered all over the previous levels but I haven't found any in this one. It's annoying because there's so much stuff to poison.

In the building with blue doors near the area where you find the masked dudes putting posters up.
Edit:

You can also find some inside the storage room in the parking garage.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I failed.

I got a "get frisk" prompt when I approached the cemetery gate, so I went inside the wine shop and dropped my arsenal on the floor which inexplicably caused 47 to die. :(

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Someone found a neat easter egg in Sapienza:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djhiAy1mC5I

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Social Media posted:

Anyone figured out Smooth Operator yet?

You need to make both targets meet upstairs in Morgan's suite and kill them while wearing the stalker outfit.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Social Media posted:

You can also snipe them both while wearing the stalker outfit if you want a bit of a challenge (without having them meet and go to Morgan's suite).

You can? gently caress, this actually sounds a lot easier and less tedious than the 'proper' way.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I just found out that if you follow the woman who's loving the roadie to the bar after she hits on you, she'll give you the key to her room. Not as OG as breaking in by shooting a strategically placed fire extinguisher, but still pretty neat nonetheless.

Edit: Has anyone figured out how to get the gold coin yet?

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Aug 18, 2016

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Looking Into the Distance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoNVTxCT8Gg

:psyduck:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

If you're not going for SA/SO, there's a glass of champagne in the Queen Suite. He takes a sip five minutes or so after the 'inspection'.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

The Headmaster's Revenge appears to be bugged on PS4. I got the notification, but the icon for the challenge is still grayed out in the menu.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I just gave the Headmaster's Revenge another shot and the same thing happened: got the notification but the challenge is still locked when I look in the menu. Is anyone else experiencing this?

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Not as quick as that sniper trick but I can't quite pull that one off.

What sniper trick?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Goddamn.

Tippis posted:

There was an old bug connected to this where saving and loading would screw up the apparent registration of challenges, but where they would eventually pop up anyway once you finished the mission.

Are any of those details or circumstances relevant to your problems?

Ah, I see. I'll try without saving, thanks!

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Tippis posted:

It really should be fixed by now — even to the point where you can almost do the opposite and cheese a lot of challenges in a single run by just triggering them without caring about how much you'll be discovered and who gets caught in the mayhem. You just reload once it has popped and still end up with an SA/SO run. But I suppose it's worth trying since it has been an issue in the past. Just quickly finish the mission through any means necessary and see if it pops at the completion screen.

Yeah, that's what I usually do. I never had that problem before, though, it seems to be unique to that particular challenge. Anyway, I got it now, not saving did the trick. Thanks again, buddy :respek:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Episode 5 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apd2E3hzpBk&feature=youtu.be

The scarecrow outfit :allears:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Tippis posted:

I saw that droppable hay bale, trailer. I know you tried to hide it, but you failed.
Bwahahahaha. Accident kill, here I come.

I love how the new level is basically Tom Clancy's Friday the 13th. I can't wait to dress like a lovely slasher villain and put an end to terrorism with a machete, various farm implements and, hopefully, agricultural machinery.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Tippis posted:

Evil [non-descript brown men] organisation invades a small country town to house their new secret base to take down the US. Little do they know that this town harbours a terrible and dark secret… Channing Tatum stars as the square-jawed disgraced former-marine CIA agent who gets killed 10 minutes in as the revenant of the mine awakens and notices that the town's new residents have not performed the yearly pig sacrifice required to avoid his wrath. Too bad the [non-descript brown men] aren't allowed to handle swine….

Goddamn, that's perfect.

UrbicaMortis posted:

Does anyone ever use any of the pistols other than the silverballer? I've been using it since I unlocked it because it's the iconic weapon but it also seems just better than the others. I'm not sure if it actually is mechanically superior though or if I'm just making it up in my head.

I don't like the silverballer in this game. I don't know why, it's not a bad pistol, there's just something off about it that I can't quite put my finger on. My goto is the automatic silenced pistol.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

How do you trigger a meeting with Graves?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Tippis posted:

You need to find an Interpol (I think?) badge. One of the techs in the work area north of the orchard carries one. If you take out the guys on the roof beneath the water tower and turn off the power to the antenna, he should be the one that comes to investigate. From there, you just have to approach and talk to her.

I stumbled upon the opportunity trigger 15 seconds after posting my message (you have to get close to the two guards having a convo by the pit behind the garage). But it's nice to know there's an alternative way to take care of that tech guy and steal his badge that doesn't require you to look all over the place for rat poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

BinaryDoubts posted:

Also, if you want to do the Scarecrow feat or the "dump all bodies in the slurry pit", you basically have to depopulate the map. The Mastery 20 rifle is great for this task, but killing 200ish men is still a hell of a slog. I recommend going to town at the top of the barn, since there's only one way in.

Wearing a certain outfit should allow you to put your targets Into a bodybag and drag them around unsuspiciously cause gently caress killing 100 armed npcs.