Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Guns that I never, ever used because its a stealth game and you start with a fiber wire.

The system in place has made me use weapons I never would have touched otherwise. The thing that really bugs me is that the melee kills don't appear to differentiate between the melee weapons or thrown/melee in contracts mode. So I can't create a knife juggling vampire magician contract or Helmuts par 2 golf adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I'm positive it's some kinda corporate level marketing buzzword integration bullshit not actually a DRM thing. Gotta keep the user on the cloud for synergistic dependency to empower brand loyalty by hootenanny primification.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Unlucky7 posted:

Been screwing around in the freeform tutorial mission and having a lot of fun. A few petty gripes though:

1. I am on PC, and I am not a fan of having a billion separate buttons that do separate things despite most of them being contextual.

2. "Hey, scary bodyguard guy, I am totally a crew member! Do you mind if I go into the restroom your boss is puking his guts out into?" "Sure, go ahead."

3. On that note, how the hell is death by toilet bowl drowning "ironic"?

2 is just a sacrifice for gameplay.

Anyway you should really be hiding in the convenient standing closest when they come in to puke.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

It's also a bit weird, though- I don't think a number of behaviors (entering occupied bathrooms, climbing pipes) were safe in previous games in the series.

Climbing pipes was safe in Blood Money people just made fun of you for it. Death on the Mississippi is the only mission I recall where a target even entered a guarded bathroom and everybody got pushed off the boat in that mission for the principal of it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Also good luck having some shmuck not walk off the ice or whatever the hell kept happening in that map and ruin your Silent Assassin rank.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The Cheshire Cat posted:

He doesn't strangle pimps in crack dens.

Of course not, he drops chandeliers on pimps in crack dens. I mean they give you the remote explosive right before why wouldn't you use it?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I ended up locking it down to 30, the second vsync option does that. It's a puzzle game so 30fps is fine for me.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I guess I should be mad about getting just six levels for 48 bucks but considering that I have apparently managed to sink 47 hours into the two I have gotten I'm probably getting a pretty good deal.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The dongle has always dropped for me. As for the safe she burns the hair in the fireplace so you can drop the canister into it and blow her up.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Well poo poo, I screwed up the timing on sabotaging the camera in the basement and then they instantly homed in on my hiding spot when I ran and shot me to pieces. I hosed it up in under a minute.

The thing that actually aggravates me is that I missed out on the new dialogue.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 14, 2016

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

ymgve posted:

There are some feats where it says "kill five targets in this way" - does it refer to just anyone, or is this something related to the PS4 exclusive stuff that they forgot to remove?

I think It's for contracts mode targets. People apparently weren't playing them as much so they probably linked some feats to them.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Headmasters revenge is so obtuse I just murdered everybody in the school before smashing my face into the pictures.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I figure if you can drop the before the bodyguard gets into place he'd survive, I forgot about slight delay on dropping the bell and squished him good.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

When the last episode comes out if they announced another set of episodes I'd plop down the cash day one, I'd be happy to buy new episodes for years at this point.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Drowned him in the toilet like a silent assasin. I'd really like a second shot at this guy because I just know there's some way to wreck the party that i missed.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The Icon suit isn't that bullet proof, it just takes more shots to bring him down, three bullets in his exposed chin will net you the headshot challenge and if you get frustrated and empty a clip into his chest he goes down.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Too good for this wicked world. There is no sin in setting Gary free from the confines of the flesh.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Quick warning though Blood Money will make you disappointed that non-target accidental deaths count against your rating in Hitman.

Ghost Ship on the Mississippi for life yo.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Most ET's have so far been easy if you stick to your three C's
-Coins
-Concussions
-Concealing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Shifting more towards Diana as the protagonist helped the game's admittedly threadbare story immensely. It's actually changed the way I view the series, the only reason 47 comes of even a little bit like and anti-hero is because Diana is picking the contracts where he's killing bad people. I'm sure the ICA gets kill orders on sweet old grandmas and Nobel Peace Prize winners but 47's target list is a parade of assholes.