Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

quote:

Also, in one of the sheds, I found a quad bike key. I thought this might be an exit route key but obviously there's only one route out once you find the Orgy Of Evidence™. Has anyone found the quad bike, and is it used for anything more than a diversion?

The quad is right outside the outer gate doors near the demolitions/mechanic area, and you can only actually use it in non-story missions on that level, since that locks you into escaping from the basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Has there been an office location in any of the previous games? One or two floors around the upper third of an office building where there could conceivably be VIP's, but low enough that it's not just executive offices seems like a good setting.

The consulate is pretty close to an office environment, I'd say.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The most baffling thing about Hitman is all the people who say "I decided to wait until the whole game was done, but when it finally was I'd lost interest". Lost interest in what? The game's still good! It didn't change! You can get exactly what you wanted now! I've seen a ton of people say that and it's mind boggling.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lareine posted:

Wait so they are saying that they wanted to play it before but when the whole thing was finally out, they decided they didn't actually want to play it after all? Are they only interested in games that are "new" and "hot" and since episodic games are delayed, they find that they don't fit those conditions by the time they completely come out?

I think it really is that, honestly. Release day hype is an extremely potent sales tool, possibly the best there is, and Hitman's episodic nature and rocky launch kinda squandered it. It eventually got really good word of mouth, but that launch gave it bad word of mouth as well. I usually see detractors pop up wherever someone asks "why didn't anyone buy this great game?" Giantbomb's coverage was enough to convince me that the bad points were overblown, but not everyone is gonna have that catalyst.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Episodic you're buying into something and not taking a risk, knowing that they'll deliver. That's purely better.

This isn't always true, is the issue. One of the first and most prominent episodic releases was Half Life 2 and ep3 is probably never gonna happen. A lot of people see "episodic" and assume "unfinished"; the word has a bad reputation. Only adventure games seem to get away with it because Telltale has made it their "thing".

One weird thing about this is that I don't think the episodic format actually works very well for adventure games, all it does is add months-long pauses in the story. Hitman is literally the only game I've seen make the episodic release work well.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

Nobody paid for episode 3 though, is the difference. Its not like Valve sold a "half life 2 season pass, includes episodes 1 2 and 3 to be delivered by X date".

And we're talking about compared to Early Access, was the context. Something sold episodic is much more likely to be released than something sold early access, which could just simply stop getting worked on, but you've already paid for it.

If you pay for episodes and the company doesn't actually produce them, you have some legal rights to recompense.

Elite Dangerous is doing something kinda like episodic releases. Which is basically what expansion packs used to be, although usually after a fairly monolithic original vanilla game.

I agree with this, but for a lot of people "episodic" is still as much of a bugaboo as "early access", especially when season passes are involved. I'm not saying it's sensible, especially for people who decide to wait for the full game to be out but then decide "nevermind, it's too late now or whatever".

Has there been a game that released a season pass for episodes that were never released? I feel like that must have happened but I think the only direct example of that I own is Albino Lullaby and as far as I know that isn't officially dead in the water yet, just delayed.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The best thing about Hitman AI is how they'll react when you throw something at their face before it actually hits them. That little detail might've honestly pushed me over the edge to buy this game.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

Does anyone know where they actually take the bodies?

I think every map has a designated corpse closet where they just dump everyone.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I wonder if the new missions will have the maps permanently change over time somehow, rather then just having everything and everyone go in a loop.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The worst by far is walking past the fish multiple times, completely ignoring it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
My favorite part about Hitman voice acting is when you interrupt someone that has a well-done, fancy accent, and they completely drop it and with a completely different voice go “WOAH WHAT’S THIS GUY UP TO”.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like how Diana is impressed 47 disguising himself during the ICA test, calling it an unorthodox solution, since it implies his absurd ability to disguise himself in seconds is actually a trademark technique that sets him apart.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Glad Hawke’s Bay is looking to be somewhat substantial, it’s so drat cool looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgO1LUijb0k&t=46s