Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

This game is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

If I am a newbie that has never played a hitman game before is there any reason I should be against having to trigger events because I liked it in the beta.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can you vpn this poo poo or do I really have to wait another 21 hours or something.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

BillBear posted:

Nope, everyone gets it same time so no VPNing. :(

I bet it's out on PSN way way before then.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah it unlocks on psn and xbox live in the US at midnight pst. 9 hours before steam. gently caress that.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Cool the servers are down.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Oddly I haven't had any crashes at all. Although I did have to restart the paris mission a couple of times because I felt like I had hosed myself.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hmm Hitman just took another patch.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Kinda bummed about the lack if new items in the new missions. Yeah I know theres new items from the escalation but it's not the same.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

That new sniper rifle is real good yeah. I was gonna do the first missions as a sniper but got bored of waiting for them to walk into view. I just walked up to them and stabbed them with the hidden knife and ran away instead. Worked great.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hi I'm angry that the 100 dollar pc version doesn't come with the extra ducky and black suit. Theres no way to get them on pc because they are part of the console exclusive collectors edition.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm really so insanely sick of Steam not releasing games at midnight unless its the biggest of AAA blockbusters and Valve needs to fix their poo poo.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Preloads are more up to the publisher than Valve.

I don't care about preloads because Valves old rear end system takes longer to decrypt than it does to download. I'm talking about when a game actually goes live. 99% of the time it's always 1 pm EST / 10 am PST when the store updates.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hawkes bay confirmed for ms dos graphics.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why is this game treated like DLC instead of a normal game.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Cool the bug that broke HDR on Win 10 in Hitman 1 is still present in Hitman 2 and it just does not work at all. loving great.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hi I beat all the maps. Every map except Hawkes Bay is amazing. It's basically Sapienza tier for every map. Story was pretty good as well. Better than 2016 in every way pretty much.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Gonna need an extremely long but spoiler free synopsis of every map tia

Okay I will try to get this going for you in a bit I played all night and need to eat.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

Gonna need an extremely long but spoiler free synopsis of every map tia

Okay: A brief summary of all the maps. I won't include any spoilers but I will put them in spoilers just in case someone doesn't even want that much.

Hawkes Bay: Tutorial with not a lot going on but not terrible basically just the house.

Miami: A split map really the east and west halves have a hard divide with little chances to cross between them. Very cool map with lots of different ways to complete your objectives dense crowds but also more lonesome secluded areas. Feels a bit like Paris? But higher quality.

Colombia: Kinda split into three parts with the mansion, the drug lab, the village. Has a lot going on and reminds me a bit of Sapienza setup wise. I only played it once but had a lot of hints of cool set pieces.

Mumbai: This level is like Marrakesh but really good. Some good complex writing and set pieces. It's big and sprawling and has some really complicated kill scenarios.

Vermont: Really cool little slice of small town America. I found some hosed up poo poo going on if you dig deeper into the houses and it's a nice little sandbox. The map is smaller in size but it's densely packed with things to do. Some interesting kills and probably a lot of secrets I missed.

North Atlantic Map I can't spell: This was a really awesome map. Basically fancy dress costume party with three targets a lot of vertical spaces tons of secrets and and a unique twist: a target you need to take alive. I can see myself replaying this map a ton.

That's a basic rundown if you have any specific questions I can try to answer them.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You can get the gold edition for 70 bucks on today.... the first official day of early access.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1060942167433048064

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Zigmidge posted:

Greenman gaming are one of, if not the best out there.

I'm slightly upset I paid 100.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Maybe it was an error?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The final mission in 2 is the best map by far in either game.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

You have to unlock stuff again in 2. Also never bother playing 2016 again.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

mp5 posted:

hey sometimes you wanna run around as helmut kruger for a while, so maybe i'll do that as a break from 2's stuff

Are the unlocks spoiled anywhere?

But you can do that in 2.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

mp5 posted:

That's what I mean, play through the Paris map in 2. I wasn't sure if doing that and getting Mastery there would unlock the same stuff again.

Yeah it's all the same unlocks.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think you need some more ram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

In Sapienza the detective is bugged to notice 47 in his suit even in normal non trespassing places.