Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Is the beta still working for everyone else?

I get a error that I am not supposed to have access to the game, but going offline works fine. No challenges though. But we do get a list of items we can pick up in the final version, I just can't access it while offline. Gives me hope that we can bring stuff from level to level.

Game in general seems really good after playing the beta, I just hope they keep the same standard the rest of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

WindyMan posted:

Wheeeeeeeeeeee.

Looks about right for Hitman Blood Money 2.

Stuffing everyone but a single person into the garbage truck in A New Life is still one of the high points for me.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

I like the way their releasing this. I wasn't 100% sold from the beta, so I like that I can pay $15 for a few levels, and if I think it sucks I don't have to sink any more money into it.

There is also Steam refunds if you buy it straight from Steam. Play it less then 2 hours, if you didn't like it, refund it. Works for any game, as long as you don't abuse the system. I have a theory that you get more refunds approve if you ask for steam wallet credit instead of back to account.

StashAugustine posted:

Don't make the secret service visit Lowtax again

Again? Is there a story to this that I have missed?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

About continuing after loosing connection and save games, it tells you first time you start the game that online and offline is different save games, you use one of them, can't swap between them. It sucks, but the game has told you.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Brumaldo posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with the escalation at the ICA facility? I completed it twice, 5 starred everything, and I can't get the feat for it.

I can't get credit for challenges on the Cuba simulation map if that is relevant. No idea why.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Extreme0 posted:

You can't use the lethal syringe on food/drinks though. It's preety much nerfed from Blood Money and is just a lovely fiber wire alternative.

The only thing you can use to contaiminate food/drinks that you have in your inventory at the get-go is the sedative vial.

And even that is pretty bad, since it just drops the victim right down, ready to be woken up again immediately. Can't find a good use for it except as a poor distraction.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

e: Also how do the gas heaters in Hitman '16 work? Do you have to shoot them or do they only work if someone smokes near them?

Both, plus generators.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Xander77 posted:

It took you an hour to kill 4 guys?

Not unreasonable. If doing the Paris mission killing only the two targets in 30 minutes, which it can take if you are being careful, that is 4 kills per hour.

For the 293 others giving just under 150 per hour, that's just a statistical anomaly.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

marktheando posted:

So has anyone played the new level yet? I downloaded it overnight and it took all my self control not to play before I left for work this morning.

Still 4 more hours until it's out, how did you download it?

Or is it out early on consoles? :(

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

A easy way to destroy the virus:

Go around the back and shoot the stalagmite over the lab, it will fulfil the mission criteria and you pretty much won't be caught if you use a silenced pistol. Stand in the pond in the back, and you will be hidden from the guards. Use the instinct ability to spot it, it might be hard to spot. Haven't tried shooting it from the airplane, you might be able to do that as well.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

Man, seems I have fun until the loving lab part because it always turns into a frantic sprint to not get noticed. Are there any scientist disguises I can get before I get in? Seems no other disguises will work at all in there.

There is a scientist disguise at the morgue near the church, middle room. Easy way to do the lab is to just shoot the virus through the glass. Can do it from the ledge furthest away from the virus.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Has anyone else encountered a bug where subduing someone sometimes kills them?

I'm trying to do some escalation contracts in Paris but like 50% of the time I subdue someone, it says non-target killed and it's ruined a couple of my runs.

Note that some escalations require you NOT to subdue anyone, you have to kill them. Could that be it?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

For maps, this is a good source for where to find stuff:

http://hitmanmaps.com/

As of now, it's not updated for Marrakesh.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Public Service Announcement:

Hitmanmaps.com have added Marrakesh.

It is spoilery of course, but let you see where everything is, sort, search and all sort of good things.

http://hitmanmaps.com/marrakesh

Paris and Sapienza is also there: http://hitmanmaps.com/

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

By the way, is there any official word on when the next episode is supposed to launch?

The thing someone linked earlier about two missions said that we will get them in July before episode 4, but I thought episode 4 would be out in June? Or am I way off?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Unfair, I didn't get any of the cool unlocks!

I know earlier patches would let a cheathappens trainer add items to your inventory, like all "items" and all tools. Tools would be a variety of tools, as expected. Items would be all sort of explosives, poisons and the chewing gums. Had a lot of fun with those.

Chewing gum works by dropping it somewhere, noone cared when I did, a person will pick it up like a coin and eat it straight away. Sedative and lethal would drop the body right there and then, enemetic would send them to throw up.
Spoilered incase someone want to find out themselves.

Speaking of trainers, if you haven't tried using cheats in Blood Money, I recommend it.
http://www.cheathappens.com/10250-PC-Hitman_Blood_Money_cheats (If you can't download it, tell me, and I can upload my copy somewhere.)
The file is called pdtrain.exe , and is flagged as malicious by most anti virus software I have used. Put trainer in game directory, run it, then came, then C for the ingame cheat menu. Add all items or something crash my game. Unlimited clip gives you unlimited syringes. Speed up time makes it a lot easier to dump all bodies in the trash compactor in A New Life. Complete level enables you to skip the tutorial. Highly recommended.

Cheating in the new game makes it boring, so I don't suggest doing that until you feel you are done with a level. Adding invisibility adds a lot more gameplay to stale levels.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Tippis posted:

Speaking of exploding ducks, has anyone else had problems with the exploding phone?

It seems that sometimes, NPCs just don't answer the phone when you call it, or maybe it doesn't ring at all. It's a neat toy, very similar to the remote duck, but it seems to be a fair bit more unreliable. Could it be that the phone is sensitive to being thrown, which would be entirely sensible but also fairly unique?

I have had that problem as well. Throwing it is not the problem, I could throw it, call it and have it blow up on the ground. But I also had problems when the target picked it up, and if it were on the ground, it felt pretty random.

For the achievement related to the phone: Easy way to cheese this is by knocking the target unconscious and placing the phone next to them, then blow it up. With some creative placing, you can probably blow the body off somewhere hidden.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I'm having a real hard time finding a surgeon outfit. All the ones I find is heavily protected, and the limited doors doesn't help either.

On the other hand, the breaching charges are really good in this level. They pop up the doors, even though they slide open.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

There are two unique outfits that will give you the opportunity to get one.

I assume helicopter pilot is one of them? For head surgeon. Is the bandaged dude the other?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Also is there anywhere else to get poison in the last level outside the blowfish and the botox?

Yes, there is some rat poison in the kitchen, behind a pipe near the lunch thing you can open. To the left of it, if you stand in the kitchen, facing it. Just jam yourself into the corner to get it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

What can you do with it? Is it just like normal lethal poison?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I just want to throw out this one again: http://hitmanmaps.com/

Maps of all the levels, with all the items and stuff. Very spoilery though. Doesn't have the Japan map yet, but it should be there soon.

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 16, 2016

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Last mission, sort of spoiler: 101 infected kills, 8 non-target kills. Went on a mass murder spree, found a shotgun and made good use of it. It was chaotic.

Loved it. Third mission was also fun, lot's of small details all over.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I'll not be able to play for a while, so I have some Plot Questions.

Does Patient Zero take place before or after the main season 1?

Any major ties to the overarching plot?

First mission is after you go there during season 1, as the staff is cleaning up after the groupies.

Third mission, as someone said, would have to be before season 1 due to Diana not knowing what that place is, or it just happens to be an identical place in Colorado, populated by people that bought their uniforms the same place. The water tower is moved, beside that, it's the same place.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I'm counting this as a second source on this story :aaa:

With three sources now, it's pretty much confirmed, right?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Sorry, still can’t find anything relating to the drat boat. You can just go ahead and give away the exact location if you like.

http://hitmanmaps.com/

Hm, that site is missing the last bonus mission map of Sapienza, so not much help :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Now I want 32 player ghost-multiplayer with this.

Imagine 32 players starting Paris together. You can see the others, but you can't interact. And add a modifier where there is a x/y chance that when another player knocks out a NPC and hides the body, that NPC disappear from your instance. So it's a race for the good disguises.