Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mierenneuker posted:

If there were no triggers you'd probably end up spending a lot of time waiting for stuff to happen. I remember being frustrated by a Silent Assassin attempt (or one of the challenges, not sure) of the Chinese New Year level in Absolution simply because there was so much downtime between the first and second kill. Especially since there were a lot of ways to screw up the third one.
You could probably combine the two ideas though. A trigger to hurry things along, a timer for when you don't mind waiting to pull off the perfect hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

SA here as well. Electrified the puddle in the palace garden, then stood like a jerk in the only dry spot on his route, forcing him to step into the puddle.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Eggnogium posted:

gently caress! I was going to do this but I didn't remember that the outlet starts out being on. They don't in Marrakesh. Instantly cooked myself as I exposed the wire.

First failed ET :cry:
Turns out; you were the Elusive Target all along.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Tippis posted:

In fact, there's a fairly deliberate delay to it since there's a special kill associated with that particular trigger, and they're kind enough to give you enough time to set it up.
A special kill which is also makes SASO real easy.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Tippis posted:

I'm trying to remember how I did my SASO run of Marrakesh. I used the dinner for Zaydan, but can't for the life of me remember how I got to Sandberg. I know I didn't use the railing, but that's about it. :ohdear:
I decided to go the lazy route and have Strandberg meet me in the tunnel, and then just snapped his neck. Not exactly sure how I'd go about killing him inside the consulate, it doesn't seem nearly as easy to get around in as the school.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Tippis posted:

checkpoint guards all look in the wrong direction and don't reflect on the fact that the guy who suddenly appeared from behind them should not have been where he obviously were before that. :v:
I was thinking about what if guards were smart enough to realize something was up if the dude who they usually pass on their patrols/hang out with at check points was suddenly nowhere to be found, and I suppose being smart enough to realize the above would make sense too. Might be an interesting challenge, as an optional setting, but just imagine the headache trying to deal with that.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

Does anyone have an easy way to get a chef outfit though? My current approach of 'do some weird stealth poo poo in the kitchen until I can subdue both chefs at the same time' works, I guess, but it doesn't feel like the most elegant approach.
I just threw a hammer or some poo poo to get one of the chefs over to the box at the bottom of the stairs, then choked him out.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

I completed the ET.

Not exactly SA but whatever.
Started in 47's suite, and left the phone on the table just down the stairs before the restaurant, then blew them both up when they sat down. I hid in the laundry while security was searching, then ran down the stairs past the bodyguards, on what I thought was a safe route. They promptly decided to flip their poo poo and start shooting though, so I made a dash for the speedboat and got away. So yeah, not exactly SA either, but I wanted to get both targets at once. Plus a crazy gadget is the only real way to kill a dictator.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm not home yet, is the ET just to kill two targets in Bangkok? Anything else in particular?
They've got a security detail with a moving hostile area, and itchy trigger fingers. Which is actually kind of neat, and I think could be the inspiration for a cool bonus episode.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Tippis posted:

They have to be actual assassination targets, which in many cases means you have to create a custom contract to make it possible.
Or find one someone already made for the purpose. :)

UrbicaMortis posted:

The intro to the ninja start made me laugh. Just the idea of 47 taking the chance to be a huge dork and cosplay as a ninja is really funny.
Speaking of the ninja, I like the complication of having to use knocked out people as keys to get around, if you, like me, have no idea where the scrambler is. 47 takes his cosplay very seriously, no fancy modern gadgets for this Silent Ninja.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Jintor posted:

the japanese attendants 'konbanwa' and 'ogenki-desuka' is real bad lmao. I think the AI is the only natural japanese voice actor since her name pronounciation is pretty good.
I think this is really a statement on how 47 views people, and his fascination with Japan. He's a prodigy beyond compare, having mastered all the languages he comes into contact with to the point where he doesn't even process the differences consciously; he just hears them all in the same English accent, and responds in the proper dialect without a second thought. Except sometimes, he does notice the difference. That is the case with these attendants, where the Japanophile 47 rejects their Japanese, because they and their surroundings do not live up to his expecations of what Japan is. Thus he judges them as nothing more than a crude imitation of the ideal. KAI on the other hand, an artificial mirror of his own perfection*, manages to live up to his unreasonable expectations in a way no ordinary person could. In conclusion; 47 wants to marry KAI.

*Where 47 infiltrates, KAI guards, where 47 kills, KAI resuscitates

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

wait why are fire extinguishers so good?
CSI in the Hitman universe are universally terrible. (Fire extinguisher explosions count as accidents.)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Went for an extremely pro strat for getting SA. Cleared the kitchen of bystanders, and peeled off his entourage one by one whenever they made a visit, until I got some one-on-one time with the chef. Poisoning is probably less time-consuming though...look, I just want 100% control.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Nice Van My Man posted:

Part of the appeal for me is that those things are just lost forever. Like tears in the rain.
I kinda want them to make ET mashups, just throwing various ETs into the same mission. Maybe not even necessarily as targets, just complications to your real goal. Could even be an escalation ET like already suggested. Some sort of experimental mission category where they just try out weird poo poo would be cool to me, even if they weren't super polished. Some anti-47 secret agents being under cover while you do your mission, or perhaps being hired to stop one or more hitmen gunning for your client.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Tir McDohl posted:

Wow, you didn't stick around to watch him die? What kind of Hitman player are you?
Cool hitmen don't look at poisonings.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The terminal velocity assassination in Paris. :allears:

It's nice that they threw in some special dialog of Dalia talking poo poo about Viktor, seconds before she splats into him.
I wanted to let them live at that point, just because I liked the idea of Viktor being all pissy about the fireworks and Dalia just laughing at him. Now I'm imagining a bonus mission that's entirely about messing with someone, just screwing up their honeymoon or something, but an automatic fail if you actually kill anyone.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

I kinda enjoyed how simple this ET was. No super fancy trick to it, nor an endlessly long trek across a map, just getting into the right room and waiting for the right time to strike. Not to say they should all be so simple, but it felt appropriate for it to be such a down to earth hit, given the story. The previous ET on the other hand could have done with some more of her meeting people for tea/murder, instead of her being some old lady walking machine. Scoping out a place for an opportunity to kill her while she's scoping it out to kill her host could've be an interesting twist.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

Note: this is fun but not an SA since his guards are right there. I do wish they'd let you replay them just for fun. If you didn't get SA on the first try fine, no special suit for you but one of the great things about HM games is redoing levels to try new things.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind ETs being available for the entire duration, even if only the first try counted for challenges. Would add a lot of freedom to how you play them, by letting you try risky and loud strategies without risking failure/your SA rank.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It'd be funny if they throw a curveball and he never eats or drinks anything.
Alternatively, he spits it out immediately and says it's garbage, unless 47 makes the meal from scratch.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

- In any sane world I would be noticed/guards would notice that their buddy/client has been in the bathroom for 20 minutes and would check on them/etc, so why even try luring them one at a time with coins and hiding them in a box?
You mean 15 minutes after you left the premises?

Really though, it's because IO interactive is a Danish studio. We're simply far too reserved to even consider asking whether someone is alright before they've been stuck in the bathroom for at least half an hour, so of course the designers and programmers aren't going to question it when designing the game. If the game had been made by Americans, I'm sure you'd have to make small talk with every NPC to avoid suspicion.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Lakbay posted:

How hard are the Elusive Target missions? Should I level up mastery/learn the level before I try one? I know you only have one life and can only replay the level if you're about to fail. I've only beaten all the story missions once so far
If by that you mean "hosed something up but haven't completed an objective yet", then you're correct. It's probably not a bad idea to be familiar with a level, though the ETs probably require you to scout out the level anyway, so you don't need to be like a master or anything. As for how hard they are, I think that depends on how clean you want to do them, much like the regular missions.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Another ET where I ended up just knocking people out in a kitchen. Going for SA makes me play so boringly... Though I suppose at least the papers Twitter can write about how this mean food critic beat up an entire kitchen staff, only to slip and break his neck.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Chexoid posted:

i had your exact problem with bangkok. getting that security terminal is so hard its almost worth it to reload if you get spotted by a camera at all. Colorado actually isn't as tough as it looks if you know everyones routines well enough.
At least you can shoot the cameras too, so once you remember where they are they're not such a huge pain in the rear end.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

With a name like "the Chameleon" one assumes the target is some master of disguise. Maybe the client wants it to look like an accident but doesn't want the target blown to bits so his identity can be confirmed later :v:
Would be funny if he goes around grabbing disguises like 47 does.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Is there a trick to the cheevo for shooting novikov on the runway? I clearly plugged him with the 5mm in the head, get the ballistic kill msg but nothing happened :mad:
He has to be the one making the speech, not Sato.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Started near the greenhouse, grabbed the elite militia gear in the truck, then walked through the front door and lured the security guy away with the vacuum and destroyed the tapes. Did what I usually do and cleared out the top floor, at which point the dude figured his hacker friend was doing some other poo poo and went to have a smoke. Went to go push him over the edge, but Graves and Rose decided to show up at the exact same moment, so I decided to pull back and wait for Rose to be in his room before pushing the target. Went like it was supposed to, and I was ready to leave, when I realized I never figured out where the intel was. Good thing it was right there, could you imagine if you had to go somewhere completely different to find that poo poo?

Anyway, I liked the whole gimmick in theory, but it did kinda feel like I was being railroaded along a specific series of tasks. He definitely wasn't being particularly elusive, just sitting in his chair.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

double nine posted:

nonononono. I've KO'd people before and thrown them off the ledge without issue, I'm asking if you kill them beforehand by fibrewire or necksnapping, then throwing the body off the building or w/e.
The game just cares about what happened when they actually died, there's no way to cover up afterward. I think you could knock someone out and then throw them off a building to kill them, though from what I gather no one should see the victim falling in that case.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Diana calls 911 the moment 47 leaves. It's all very safe and professional.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

White rubber duck, I wonder what could trigger you.
It's a proximity sleep gas bomb. Alternatively, white phosphorous.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

It would probably take 3 hours, but my solution to that would be to subdue every single person in the level, then haul them all into a big pile of all the fire extinguishers I could find stuck atop a single breaching charge. :haw:
Then fail because one of them was killed by the breaching charge.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Eggnogium posted:

There's a random pistol behind the couches where the guard hangs out, if you drop it in the right spot under the chandelier he'll see it as he heads for the west room. Then it's just a matter of coordinating it with the waiter's route so you have a fire extinguisher set up where he will be right after dropping the chandelier.
It's not that random really, pretty sure it's that guard's pistol. His entire route is him looking for it. :v:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Samopsa posted:

He's not in the game! Maybe he was cut, maybe changed out for someone else (Jordan Cross? also has a murdered-a-girl thing going on), maybe someone who will show up in season 2...
Yeah, I could buy him being an early-version of Jordan Cross. He could still be reworked into a new target though.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

Do they say how Diana is able to see & hear everything 47 does?
47 is just imagining her voice when he's on a mission.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope this one has a condition that you must assassinate the target dressed as Helmut Krueger.
You don't stay an international fashion icon without icing a few rivals.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Atoramos posted:

I'm trying to make due without full waypoints turned on for Opportunities, but there's times I have no idea where the breadcrumb I should be finding is. Example: in Sapienza, I have no idea how I would get a target under the church bell, near the wishing well, where the detective and psychologist are (also two gators but I assume that's down to searching). I've completed most other challenges, and have 20/20 mastery, but still plan to try these. Without too heavy of a spoiler, is there anything dumb I'm missing, or is it just a case of having to listen to conversations better and making my way through NPCs until I determine which one is the detective and which is the psych? Most of the Opportunities in Paris (and it looks like Morocco too) are fairly well laid out.
Both of them can be found by looking carefully for unique characters and going from there. As for the church bell/wishing well thing, do note that some challenges aren't meant to be completed in main missions but in contracts.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Chexoid posted:

Yeah I wonder what the suspicious Item changes mean. It would make sense to change it so that guards in Paris think its weird when a guy who is basically a rent-a-cop is running around with a high powered sniper rifle.

edit: It would be funny to have a Season 2 level set in London, where a regular police officer having a gun at all would be considered weird.
Next level takes place at a gun show in the US, with Sticky Gun enforced.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Good thing about this ET: Him bitching about "Helmet".
Bad thing about this ET: Wearing the full Helmut outfit around him doesn't do anything.

NRVNQSR posted:

This trailer for Landslide is new, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQklCNzLCjY

e: Looks kind of similar to existing Sapienza missions, but I guess it makes sense for them to try and get as much as they can out of the more sandboxy maps.
Being focused around an entirely different part of the map will probably make it feel pretty different though, and it does take place in the afternoon instead of the middle of the day. A House Built on Sand felt pretty different from the standard mission despite very little having actually been changed apart from taking place at night.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

DEVS KNEW

The dialogue for the ETs is fantastic- I'm so glad some folks are going out of their way to record it.
I half take back what I said earlier. Still think he should've made the comment about "Helmut 47" as soon as he sees him.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

I don't seem to be having the same ease that most are having with the new ET - he's just looping between the dressing area and the stage, with no point where he isn't surrounded by large amounts of people. I tried preparing the bathroom that others mentioned in this thread but he goes nowhere near it. Coins aren't an option as there are several people inbetween him and the bathroom as he leaves the stage.
Does he actually go on the runway? I noticed that if you hang around the model queue it can cause him to just go back in the dressing area. You should be able to get him alone when he leaves the runway, though you might need to stand in his way next to the screwdriver to create the perfect opportunity for stabbing him with a syringe if some other model is too close buy for comfort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Is it just me or a the servers super loving slow? Everything involcing saving/loading/logging in takes forever.
No, they're half dead for me too.