Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Got my first SASO on my first attempt of this, albeit with a lot of reloading. An elaborate attempt to find rat poison in the basement proved fruitless when Morgan just ran to the trash can instead of the toilet, so I ended up having to sneak back up to the second floor of the north wing and use a careful coin toss to get myself into the bathroom to take out the guy with the note. From there getting back to the basement to take out Morgan was simple.

Also the Remote Breaching Charge is amazing on this map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was under the impression that the new episode was today and I'm a little bummed now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Discendo Vox posted:

I am desperately looking forward to playing this when I get back from the office in about 24 hours' time. All signs point to greatness?

It's a great loving map even with the extra restrictions.

e: It's good enough that it makes me want to gently caress around enough in Colorado to get the descrambler.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Accordion Man posted:

Actually I like the extra restrictions because it prevents the level from being cheesy like Colorado, where you have to game it so people don't see you do things.

I do too actually, they help with the "finale" feel and also really make you think differently.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, I love poisoning the stem cells with the fugu. It's so dumb.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got spotted by a camera and couldn't figure out a way into the room with the winch so I peeked through the window, shot the propane flask next to the evidence, then when the guards moved away from the winch I shot it repeatedly, hoping that the target was still there. SA'd.

This game is fantastic.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I would have just shot the evidence directly but it wasn't visible through the window.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

where the red fern gropes posted:

pro tip, don't kill him until he has his conversation with the guard in the restaurant. it's hilarious and after the guard leaves is the perfect time to jab him

this didn't work, you bastard :argh:

Well, whatever, managed to finish the ET anyway, bringing my total to... 5. :saddowns:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just from the comments most people seem to think that the episodic nature was an attempt to put one over on the audience somehow :psyduck:

I want to die.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Be warned that Blood Money has one of the worst tutorial levels I've ever seen. It felt so unclean to play and unappealing that I still haven't played Blood Money itself yet.

It's also bafflingly racist.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Goddamn the replies are thirsty for Superman

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The episodic release coupled with the dense maps encouraged lots of replaying levels to get the most out of all of them. If they're all dumped in your lap there's no reason to do that anymore, is what he's saying. It was great but idiots really hated it so it's a shame it's not happening anymore.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have no idea what Gold Edition is but I'm gonna buy it to support IO

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not saying the maps will be bad, I'm saying there's less reason for the player to keep coming back to the game over a period of months.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sniper Assassin is up.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nakar posted:

One interesting tidbit from the video: Crowbars are no longer concealable, unlike other tools (the wrench, screwdriver, hammer, etc. can all be concealed just fine). This is going to do a lot for the viability and usefulness of the lockpick, especially on Professional difficulty where a crowbar is an illegal item for most disguises. Didn't see whether you could conceal one in the Briefcase either, though it appears that there are a number of items you can put in there instead of a sniper rifle (such as a fish).

That's a tiny change that ends up affecting a hell of a lot, holy poo poo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

loving dope.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The McElroys aren't scummy by any definition, they're just tangentially connected because one of them worked with Robinson and had a podcast with him as part of that.

You also probably shouldn't be proud of not knowing who they are. Have you been living in a cave? I jest, but they're kind of massive these days. They have like a billion podcasts.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DLC Inc posted:

I forgot if this was addressed but will the season 1 content be free for me even if I purchased each of the 6 episodes separate as they released? Not sure if the remastered free content is only for people who bought the season pass/physical disc.

I assume there'll be a way to link an IO account or something, I did the same thing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They apparently weren't able to make your progress on the Season 1 maps carry over, but that stuff can be re-unlocked (and also, a lot of the "core" items will be available via the Season 2 maps).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What was the "fetch trick"?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You can delete the tape even if that happens, but that probably won't work in 2 if you're trespassing when you do it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I assume he's shooting the gas lamp on the balcony.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This means I can officially just delete Season 1 if I'm a Steam player, right? That's great, if so.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think that's a weird score/bullet point combo but also games don't automatically start at 10, you guys.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There apparently is not a preload, which sucks. It'll be available at like 1 PM tomorrow.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hooray!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Snuffman posted:

I'm pre-loading something with my Gucci Gold Ed. on Steam right now, but its only 8.9 GB which seems really really small.

They just announced via Twitter that there will actually be a preload.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The "recommended mission stories" feature is a great way to incentivize replays, I'm gonna almost feel bad when I move on to Colombia instead of doing whatever the mascot mission story is in Miami.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hobo Clown posted:

Are the "new maps" you'll eventually get with the DLC (and gold edition) going to be actual new locations? Or the same locations but at night like they did with Marrakesh and Sapienza? I'm not going to be able to play it early so gold edition doesn't seem worth it unless I'm saving on actual DLC.

It refers to them as "expansions" and I'd assume that means they're new locations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sininu posted:

Can the crowd NPC's see you inject poison in HITMAN 1?

If you're talking about Hitman Season 1, I do not believe crowd NPCs (at least, ones without mini-map dots) count as witnesses in any capacity. I'm not sure if the Hitman 2 versions change this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Felt a little stifled in Colombia, took me forever to figure out how to get pretty much anything done at first but I made do in the end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

UnknownMercenary posted:

So any idea why Hitman 2 is downloading another 30 gigs after the initial install? My guess is its the season 1 stuff but I figured that would already be packaged in when it gave me the option of replaying season 1 and starting right off with 2.

The initial install is like 8 gigs, most of the maps download separately for some reason.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Of the maps I've played so far, Mumbai > Miami > Colombia, IMO. Haven't tried Vermont or Sgail yet, but Mumbai just feels so open and interesting, while I still don't feel like I have any idea of how to get around in Colombia.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It won't let you submit to frisks if you have any suspicious items at all now iirc.

Which is really weird because once you do you still get the "knock out" prompt.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Took me two and a half hours, but I managed to beat Sgail with SASO... on my first run, with copious savescumming. It was really stressful and difficult, and once I killed the first sister with an accident, I panicked pretty hard because of the timer, but the other sister's cycle lined up perfectly for me to take her out before I ran out of time. At times that map felt like total bullshit, but figuring it out was one of the best things I've done in this series.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My favorite thing I discovered in Sgail is the Constant in a conversation with the coal baron dude telling the latter that he has unknowingly funded communism.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cojawfee posted:

I don't understand why using a syringe doesn't count as body found when someone randomly eating something that's poisoned does. Also, is this something new in Hitman 2? Because I used a syringe in Hitman 1 and everyone started screaming like I just hit the guy with a battle axe.

If someone dies from eating lethally poisoned food, it doesn't count as a body found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Elusive Target doesn't go live until next Tuesday, and the usual norm is that they last for about a week, so you probably have until the 27th.