Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steam seems to be filled with rage on always online drm and locked graphic options. Anyone else having issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So how is the game on the PS4? I'm tempted to get it since my PC can't run it and we already have 4 episodes are out. Is the general view that it's a good game since the other chapters game out?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool I figured I'll first do a try and buy to confirm it will run like garbage on my pc with steam and then I'll grab the first chapter for PSN. I do wish you could buy out of order as the Bangkok level seems like a lot of fun from the youtube comps I've been watching. Oh well.

EDIT: This game is running on my pc which as a GTX 460.

:stare:

I don't know what 40K chaos god is running my graphics card...but I'm not complaining...well unless it's Slannesh. I mean everything defaults to low, but I don't care as it looks good as the PS4 version seems to look.

Color me very surprised.

Going to play around and make sure it's not a fluke.

EDIT: Eh it's still a little janky so I might just go with the PS4 for a smoother experience. That said even if I go for the PS4 color me impressed at what I can still get out of this graphics card.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 21, 2016

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just wanted to add that the game is great and I love how the autosave system works, it's really made trial and error a lot easy for me to try. It's fun for me now. Also the controls are really nice and I've having no issues with them. Granted I have only 10 minutes left before I can return it, so I'll have to see if Paris cripples it, but the game itself is a ton of fun.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, I reloaded a bunch to try different, exciting kills at once, like the golfball on Silvio, or the plague doctor kill. It's funny how little of them require you to survive. :D

I'm still kind of surprised just how much I've unlocked so far, despite being so awful.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I picked up the first complete season since it was 8 bucks (I only had Paris and Prologue), since I found out you can play it in Hitman 2 (without even needing to “buy” Hitman 2), what are the exact “upgrades” I’ll get in playing the levels in Hitman 2? I figured I’d play H2016 first and pick up 2’s levels during the Holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee posted:

By playing in Hitman 2, at the very least you get to take the items you unlock in the season 1 levels and take them into the season 2 levels. More specific, you get the new features they've added in where people can see you in mirrors, there are changes to how trespassing and being spotted works. Though some things don't work the same way. For instance, fire extinguishers are a concussive blast now, where it was a lethal blast in 1. This breaks a lot of runs you'll find on youtube for season 1. Also, the radius for audio distractions is a lot lower, and that also breaks a lot of runs from season 1.

Cool I was wondering what the engine changes might lead too.

Lollerich posted:

You don't get anything from playing it - nothing carries over*. The point is owning it, so you unlock the levels in Hitman 2. If you've never played Hitman 2016 before and plan on playing Hitman 2 anyway, then there is no point in playing Hitman 2016 now. Just play the season 1 content in Hitman 2 instead and start at the beginning.

*exception: if you played Hitman 2016 in 2016 and eliminated (1? maybe more?) elusive targets the first time they were around, you get a special set of coins in Hitman 2

Oh that was my plan. I bought the first season so I could just play it using the H2 engine. I only played the Paris level and prologue in H2016 at launch. I was just wondering what the differences in engine would have on gameplay.