Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hitman 2016 is my first one and I only picked it up on a whim because it was cheap, but goddamn I'm hooked. I didn't know about the whole episodic thing until about 5 minutes before I put the game in my Steam cart, and I wasn't really big on the concept at first, but now that I've sunk like 10 hours into Sapienza, I really like it! It's perfect for a game like this and makes what would normally be a $60 premium AAA title into a cheap budget game with plenty of expansions I can pick up whenever I have the cash. I'm a big fan of Metal Gear, but the stealth here feels completely different and figuring out how to sneak around in plain sight is mesmerizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I mean, Hitman can 100% get away with that imo because they have brushed off the most important thing for years. He would be a terrible disguise artist. He's got a loving barcode tattoo on the back of his loving head.

So I'm glad they don't care about that aspect, I think it makes the games better.

How do you know Helmut doesn't have one on the back of his head too? What do you mean you can see the back of his head whenever you want, he's wearing make up he's probably hiding a bar code under that.

Edit: I actually saw someone today on campus with a barcode tattoo on the back of their neck, so maybe it's not all that weird. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Assuming Fortune Teller is a costume like Vampire Magician, I think you just have to find them? VM should be in the attic somewhere at Paris.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think they confirmed that ETs will be on normal difficulty.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

#3 there counts as an accident?

And an unnoticed kill!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Snuffman posted:

For these 2, I take it I need a AP round firing gun? Like the fancier Jager?

Nah, I usually do 1 with the standard suppressed pistol and I've seen people do 2 with the same thing from that ledge up where that lone guard is on the other side of the lab. I don't think 2 works with the pistol in pro mode, but 1 still should.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Apparently the Morgan opportunity is disabled for the ET, going off of twitch chat in TheKotti's run, I think.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Lobok posted:

Are you breaching the safe with the soldiers right next to it? That doesn't kill them?

I don't think the breaching charge is lethal. It's a tiny little explosion.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

For Ninja Assassin normal, the trick is to use something innocuous to block the sliding door into the sauna area. Alternately, lure in a nearby resort staff member and use their body to get the door open (this is much harder).

Alternate strategy, take a lethal throwing item, such as the katana you surely picked up when you started, wait on the left side of the maintenence door when Yuki is going into the sauna and throw the item at her, then book it to the exit.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

shut up blegum posted:

Is there a briefcase sniper rifle in this game? It's kinda hard to go unnoticed while you're carrying a sniper rifle on your back.

Not as of the end of Season 1. It might be an unlock for Season 2 though!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I liked Bangkok, but part of that might be the fact that it's sandwiched between two levels I really don't like at all. Pro mode Bangkok escapes look real dumb though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The only ones I really know off the top of my head are that the Silverballer has that aim assist thing, the Krugermeyer is suuuuuuuuuper quiet and then there's that one pistol that can get through frisks but has poo poo for ammo and accuracy. Krugermeyer also has poor accuracy, I think, but those cons shouldn't really matter unless you're attempting some crazy pinpoint shots from a good distance away.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you start the mission with lethal poison and book it to the restaurant bar and poison the 3rd plate from the left(I think?), you can take out Ken Morgan with no effort. An easy Jordan kill is stealing the Abel deSilva disguise and following that opportunity through.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

That escape is a little weird, sometimes there'll be a pedestrian in the road and the game'll run them over, which counts against you.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You can get Jordan Cross to kill Ken Morgan, that's a good one. I think Diana even says you're outsourcing when The Brick dies.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Clanpot Shake posted:

Can you give me a tiny hint on how to get started on that one? I love these kinds of opportunities.

IIRC, the mission briefing states that The Brick is there without Jordan's knowledge.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ETs are not an ideal way of earning mastery points, but they do count. I guess it's a nice bonus for people who haven't played enough of a level to get full mastery, but still want to attempt an ET?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

On SASO Jordan cross is probably the single hardest target to assassinate, so I guess difficulty depends on playstyle.

It's really just getting up to Jordan that's a pain. If you can get around behind his recording booth and get the two sound crew dudes out of the way with some well placed coins, then you're golden. The route isn't especially hard either, as long as you're careful about making sure some folks are turned around before making your move.

If you really wanna be cool, do a SASO run of the opportunity where you get his flash drive.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Is the stalker allowed down in the lobby? I imagine it'd basically be a SASO run of that opportunity if you're allowed to run around the same places the suit can.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Jaeger 7 Lancer used to be a little ridiculous about how far through walls and poo poo you could shoot. That's been toned waaaay the hell down.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Finally got the full game after getting a computer that can actually run it and hooooly poo poo Sapienza is massive. Got both targets down but can't figure out how to get to the lab, I think I picked up a key in Silvio's room but it won't let me in the basement.

There are three entrances that use that keycard - one of them is through the shed in the backyard near where Silvio practices golf (you'll need a scientist disguise for this and you'll get frisked), one of them can be found by taking the stairs down in the same building as Silvio's observatory and Francesa's bedroom, and the other's kind of along the beach, on the rocks.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The disposable scrambler? That's all I've got. :shrug:

Dr Cheeto posted:

I like using the bag of gunpowder in the observatory building to blow the door to the lab. Explosions are kind of like keycards if you think about it.

Explosions are my preferred way of getting in. There's a wall that's not put together properly in the tunnels near the pier that crumbles to any explosion. Grab the golf ball from the ICA safe house and you're golden!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think you can just set it down, but if you're gonna make it explode, you're better off just throwing it at a door or a wall.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Are there any set ups where you can drop a chandelier on Morgan in that run?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

shut up blegum posted:

Oh wow, I always take the chief surgeon outfit myself. Didn't know the surgeon could kill the dude too.

You need to go into Yamazaki's room, steal her data, then insert that flash drive into one of the computers in the surgery theater where the chief works. Then you need to steal the pilot disguise and give the chief a poo poo ton of pills.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Wow Badboy just does not do anything but gently caress around and play Kane and Lynch, huh? I legit did not see him do anything but sit in the cafe and do the Q&A session.

That was the first time I'd seen the map for The Icon, and that was kinda fun! This was my third SA, so am I in the boat of people who still have a chance at getting the Winter Suit?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you can get into the security room from the door nearest the main lobby, you can duck behind the desk and shoot the recorder when no one's looking. Alternately, grab a fire extinguisher and throw it at the recorder.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Uhhh, how reliable is a site named "Point and Clickbait"?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I use a controller but switch to M+K if I'm sniping.

e: or really using guns at all.

I do this too. Trying to ledge snipe the virus in Sapienza is a bitch on controller.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I believe it also happens before the World of Tomorrow mission because I think a certain Silvio Caruso is your client for the mission.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Aw, drat, I'm gonna be out of the country for the second half of June so I'm gonna miss out on the ET. :( At least I got the bathrobe already.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah as long as you can make your way into the morgue, you're home free. Most Silent Ninja routes I've seen destroy the heart instead of doing anything else to Soders, so it'll be right in the way.

Mondian posted:

To answer this though, you can do it manually, shoot it, explode it, or just chuck a fire extinguisher at it. That last one isn't considered suspicious and can help on some maps or if you just wanna be a cheeky poo poo and do it right in front of a guards face for the hell of it.

Also yes, fire extinguishers are the best camera destroying tool. Won't help a whole lot in Bangkok, but they're great for basically every other map.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mondian posted:

What? Its most useful in Bangkok since you can open the side door and toss a fire extinguisher onto the camera system from the hallway and not deal at all with the guards in the room.

Oh yeah that's an option too. I always forget since I always use the back door and just kinda poke my head out to shoot the console instead, which is easy enough. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Less Yuri Lowenthal, more Kyle McCarley.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/hitman/status/876793911204880384

Looks like the ET's in Hokkaido.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's quick, silent, and as long as no one actually sees you doing it, it doesn't count against Silent Assassin.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

qbert posted:

Bangkok is quite a bitch, probably the hardest SASO in my opinion. Generally, you want to poison the lawyer's food, then go out the walkway on the same floor as 47's suite, get to the crew floor, go into the back room of all the crew dudes (I blow up an extinguisher as a distraction to make it easy), knock out the guy there, climb the pipe, and make your way into the rock star's suite's bathroom. From there you can lure him in via coins and take him out with a corner subdue.

And if you wanna go for style points, do the Intervention opportunity where you confront him head on in his suite with the audio recording during your SASO.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think he's supposed to show up after 10 minutes have passed? It's an extremely weird challenge and I never really feel like waiting around for it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

sometimes when dropping lights on ken morgan i would get an arbitrary "non target killed". i mean jordan was bugged anyway but it's still rude as hell

That seems very likely to be Ken's bodyguard Otis. Either that or there's an NPC close enough to where Ken dies. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Killing anyone but the targets disqualifies you from an SA rank. Getting spotted doing something suspicious by anyone, including the targets, also disqualifies you from an SA. You'd think that killing a target that has witnessed you doing something suspicious would preserve your SA, but it doesn't because you're immediately disqualified as soon as the game registers that there's a witness.