Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

In the Final Test (the military base) are there any disguises lying around other than the mechanic one? By which I mean uniforms that I don't have to subdue npcs for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is it theoretically possible to finish The Showstopper with Suit only, no knock-outs, no bodies found? I've been racking my brain but especially victor is impossible

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Samopsa posted:

One easy way is to set off the fireworks, wait a while, and push dahlia.

the bodies'll get discovered though. I'm talking finding a way to murder both without witnesses and with enough time to hide the bodies. And no KOs. It is probably impossible but I'm asking anyway.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

mp5 posted:

look at the video I posted

missed it, that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I'll probably try something slightly different just for the sake of it but it's a good place to start.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

On an entirely different note, is it possible to disable the intro logo videos(AMD, speedtree etc)? Haven't found anything by googling.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

man, I like this game but getting to know a new map with all complex architecture & npc routines is rough.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Holy crap Sapienza is huge. I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my head around the level/map.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is Silvio Caruso's schedule basically golf, stand near pizza oven, research near plague doctor, stand underneath precarious chandelier, golf? Or do I need to keep following him a little longer?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Crappy Jack posted:

Bodies can be found as long as they're killed with an accident. You could drop a chandelier on top of the Sapienza target and as long as nobody actually saw you specifically set it off, it still counts. You can poison a target's food and they can drop dead in front of a bodyguard and it counts. You could kill the last target with an exploding fire extinguisher in front of his security guard and it still counts. But you can't, say, shoot them in the head and then have the body be discovered, because then it's obvious that someone murdered them.

Unlike, say, dropping a fire extinguisher and an explosive charge next to the target and then running away seconds before it explodes. That's just a tragic coincidence.

What about snapping their neck and throwing the body from the roof of a building? Or killing someone then setting the body on fire?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm reading reports that knocking out the target and then flipping them over the balcony lost them the SA rating, although they could have also been spotted by a camera or something and not have realized, so YMMV. I can say with absolute certainty that shoving people off balconies, drowning them in toilets, having them eat poisoned food, and blowing them up with fire extinguishers are all things that have still given me a SA rating even with the body having been discovered.

nonononono. I've KO'd people before and thrown them off the ledge without issue, I'm asking if you kill them beforehand by fibrewire or necksnapping, then throwing the body off the building or w/e.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

whoever designed the perkins disarray in Paris - I want to strangle you with your own intestines. gently caress that escalation.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

What problem are you having with it?

(lvl 5 one) all sorts of small problems. Trying to get the bodyguard outfit and the guards turn around too quickly, dragging the woman's body out of sight behind the rooftop terrace and again the guard turns around too quickly. Being impossible to grab the auction outfit because at least one waiter is always looking at it and why did that 3rd one come down from upstairs :argh:. I kill the journalist with a mine & car-explosion but last time she got to close to the primary explosion so it didn't count as an accident.

By and large though the problem is the attic.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So how do you specifically use remote detonations to trigger a car explosion? I put a remote explosive underneath a limo in Paris, and all it did was set off the car alarm, I placed a second one (from the attic) just a little more in the middle and the thing went off like it was loaded with TNT.Do you need to place explosives right in the center on the ground or what's the trick?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is there a list somewhere of the various suits/gear one can unlock and the means to do so? For instance, the Santa suit and the jaeger 7 lancer (I have both, I want to find more stuff)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Bangkok: how do you poison Ken Morgan with (rat) poison? He seems to be tasting a different dish each time? What am I missing?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is it possible to do the "Friend For Dinner" Himmapan Horror Challenge on the currently available Bangkok mission/challenges? Because I've been trying and failing with the Somask Equation & the main mission targets and failing for no obvious reason.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

question on Colorado. In the basement there is a door with what appears to be a retinal scanner, whose eyesight is able to get through the door? If that door/gizmo is opened some other way, how?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Tippis posted:

You only really have two options. You either drag Rose down there and open the door with him, or you get the 3D-printed Rose-mask from the second floor of the house.

huh. I have that second one and yet no interactible shows up. Do I need to kill the target(s) first?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

The Colorado escalation - has anyone figured out how the stalker functions? What the AI rules are in terms of where he moves to?

there are times where I think he simply homes in on the player, but then he starts walking away again after getting incredibly close to me so I'm a bit confused how he operates

double nine fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 24, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

there's an elusive target up, in paris by the looks of it.

Given that I've never done one of these, other than the "you get one shot at this", is there anything about elusive targets that differs from regular targets?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Atoramos posted:

I'm trying to make due without full waypoints turned on for Opportunities, but there's times I have no idea where the breadcrumb I should be finding is. Example: in Sapienza, I have no idea how I would get a target under the church bell, near the wishing well, where the detective and psychologist are (also two gators but I assume that's down to searching). I've completed most other challenges, and have 20/20 mastery, but still plan to try these. Without too heavy of a spoiler, is there anything dumb I'm missing, or is it just a case of having to listen to conversations better and making my way through NPCs until I determine which one is the detective and which is the psych? Most of the Opportunities in Paris (and it looks like Morocco too) are fairly well laid out.

the church bell and wishing well can be done during the scarlatti covenant and lyndon gyration escalations, respectively.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

how the actual hell do you do mallory misfortune 5? I'm starting to despise colorado.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I've looked through the old old featured contracts and is it me or is the "do me I dare you" (the very first one) impossible now? The poison target can't be lured into a place where they can be poisoned safely and trying to disable the surrounding npcs is equally impossible. I've seen youtube videos but it's been impossible to replicate them.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

He walked by the staircase between the basement, first & second floors so I just lured him in with coins and stabbed him with some scissors.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ReWinter posted:

I switched over to PC and am replaying all the levels, grabbing whatever challenges I haven't done before as I go, and I just did Colorado. There's a challenge (called The Perfect Alibi) to kill them all with accidents, and I'm pretty sure I got the accident notification after each death but I didn't unlock the challenge, any idea why?

I drowned Sean, burned Maya, shot the gas tank next to Ezra's lab table, and dropped a chandelier on, uh, the other one.

you'll probably want to use the explosive watch or tinker with the explosion mixture for sean.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

orcane posted:

I'd like to avoid being detected, the dongle sounded like a great plan for that but I think the scientist already returned from church, and I have no idea who it is - meanwhile lab security can't enter the lab and you're suspicious to most of the scientists if you're in a lab coat yourself.

I may have to throw something or kill people :getin:

the cave has a natural exit.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mondian posted:

Definitely still doable, I completed it myself just a couple weeks ago. It helps to sneak into that hallway for a sec and close the doors right next to Po so those guards outside don't get lured in as they sometimes will. Other than that, for me it was as easy as tossing a coin into the hall to distract the woman, then one into the side room to lure in Po.

e: When it comes to nearly impossible contracts I struggled a lot with the one where you have to drown targets as the Vampire Magician, since all the youtube guides use the drop down from the lighting rig or over the railing in the entrance hall, both exploits that have been long since fixed. That said, I still completed it but it was a huge pain in the rear end.

my problem is that the guard on the balcony outside will spot me poisoning the target through the window.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Do challenges where you need to kill x targets with y (with an axe/accident/poison/...) while dressed as z need to be completed within one mission, or can one do one challenge with 2 targets and then a different challenge mission to finish the tally?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mondian posted:

He'll do that if you make your move pretty much anywhere between the table and the door. With my back to the door that opens on Po, I try to chuck the coin to the right of the table. You can get it to hit near the base of the table, close enough to draw his attention, and bounce closer towards the center of the table, safely out of that guard's view.

If that doesn't work for you, you could always just lure all the two guards and staff member around the stairs into the attic and have a nice wide open space to lure Po into there.

I did finally manage to do it but I had to spend 8 minutes throwing coins because the wrong people were lured by the coins - some because of bad timing on my end when dalia would pass by, but others were just inconsistent AI who heard the coin through closed doors. Really annoying.

double nine fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 30, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

darn, no waiter disguise in the paris basement. There are also quite a bit more cameras in the levels (and they notice when you disable them)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

darn, the bodyguard will go vomit in the hall if you poison his sushi. Time to test the emetic syringe then.

edit: nvm coins rule forever.

double nine fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 31, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

... they weren't kidding when they made combat more lethal. If a goon gets to fire a shot you're effectively dead.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Samopsa posted:

goddamn, I love that they added the pull target over a railing while hanging mechanic, but it sucks that dahlia does not hit victor when doing the fireworks opportunity this way

I was about to try that. Thanks for not making me waste time.

OTOH, did the paris professional SOSA with a sniper rifle from the sheik's apartments, reloading the game to shoot the chandelier instead. relatively easy to get both the sniper assassin & SOSA that way.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mystic Mongol posted:

Urgh, worst patch. When I'm waiting for people to patrol in their circuits I usually alt tab to firefox on my second browser, but now when I change window focus the game automatically pauses. Does anyone have a suggestion to get the old functionality back?

I noticed the same when alt-tabbing. Would be nice if this could be disabled.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wait, how do you get helmut's disguise now without being seen? There's a million guards over there now. Can you emetic-syringe him?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mondian posted:

Anyone find the new laptop dongle location? Its not on Dahlia, or her two assistants, or where it used to be or any of the guards around there.

it's carried by one of the bodyguards who patrol near where you normally find it in the attic.

and the fireworks remote is on the

tech crew member that's stationary at the old location - the one who doesn't go to the bathroom

on the topic of professional paris items, has anyone found any rat poison at all?

double nine fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 31, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

frank.club posted:

I found some in the basement but I don't remember if it was its usual spot or not. Phenomenal update

You sure? I've scoured every inch of the basement and didn't find any. Could you point me in the right direction?

edit: nvm, one of the chefs carries one, it doesn't lie in the open

double nine fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Feb 1, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

For extra easy silent assassin bring two poison syringes.

emetic or the other ones?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

on that note, what's the red symbol in the bottom-right corner that sometimes shows up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I never got around to A House Made of Sand. Is it any good?