Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I installed this few weeks ago and was sure my computer wouldn't run it smoothly at decent settings, but to my surprise I could set everything as high as my 3GB of VRAM allows and it maintained mostly stable 60 FPS with GPU usage ranging from 50-100%. That was in tutorial levels, Paris and Sapienza.

Then I played the Icon and the performance went to poo poo, initially I thought it was due to nighttime and lot of fire particles, but after slogging through that and continuing with next levels Marrakesh and Bangkok I still got that terrible performance. Even going back to Paris and tutorial levels I get that low frame rate with 95-100% of GPU usage at all times, even if I stared at nothing.

Today I tried messing with settings in a last ditch effort before uninstalling and discovered that the built-in benchmark featuring Paris level still runs perfectly fine with same settings and normal GPU usage. What the?

Help please

Edit: It's the goddamn online mode that's destroying my performance. I faintly recalled people complaining about it when the game came out and decided to try it out. Performance is good again in offline mode. Ugh
So they never fixed the online only issues...

Edit2:
Offline vs Online

Exact same location, time and settings.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

qbert posted:

There's basically no point in playing offline mode. None of your progression saves, I think you don't get gear unlocks, etc.

Online is the actual game and offline is basically a demo.
I know. That's why I'm considering uninstalling it if someone doesn't tell me it's fixable.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Elusive target is active?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

How much time do I have to do this ET?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Bumping into target doesn't count as spotted, right? That sound effect spooks me.

Edit: Phew, it didn't. Third elusive target done.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 20, 2017

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Any ideas when the next elusive target arrives?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

They removed the NPC who meets with Novikov

Is there anything you can do other than the poison? It seems like you can't get him anywhere people can't see him

You can explode him with the lamps or whatever those things are.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Note that this will almost certainly kill any other poor bastards in the gazebo.

Just got to lure him near one that doesn't have anybody else near it.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Nakar posted:

You're required to kill both targets in a Fire Accident, and there are only two fire barrels on the entirety of Bangkok, both in the back area near the Tuk-Tuk. Jordan Cross almost never goes downstairs (the closest he'll ever come is the stairs when he's going downstairs due to the exterminator opportunity) and Ken Morgan can be lured out there with the Tuk-Tuk opportunity.

The spoilery bits that make it insane are that the Required Exit is the Tuk-Tuk and setting the barrel next to it on fire will destroy it, so you have to kill Cross and Morgan with the same barrel at the same time then escape in the Tuk-Tuk without using the barrel next to it, otherwise the mission will be impossible to finish.

Do report when anyone beats it.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9mTjGczC0k
Didn't really think to use bullet impacts to lure people before seeing this.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Does Dylan's AI just break when he's that far off the beaten path? I'm not sure why he stayed there while his bodyguard left.
I noticed that if you lure and then shoot him non-fatally he will just stand in place for a very long time. The two bodyguards would usually just continuously walk from one brother to the other. Maybe it's the same thing in the video and it's just triggered by luring him anywhere.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

Hadn't seen this posted yet:

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/961966666337869825

Reactivated ETs skip The Wild Card and go right to The Broker. No Gary Busey :(

What does The Wild Card mean in this context?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I messed up. Got spotted by camera without noticing and lost the SA. :(

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Kuiperdolin posted:

They don't show Colorado at all ah ah.

1:10 isn't Colorado?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Nakar posted:

And a neat note about Mumbai: Car batteries can be thrown to knock people out or placed in puddles to electrocute people. If you KO them with a battery as they cross a puddle it zaps them immediately for an accident kill.
So does he throw the batteries as far as any other throwable?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Can the crowd NPC's see you inject poison in HITMAN 1?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

In Hitman 2016 is using this SUV to kill Rose broken or what? He never goes past it closely enough for the explosion to kill him. Also sometimes he stops by the coupe behind the SUV, sometimes he doesn't. Is this RNG?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

So loading a save on Master difficulty zeroes your score?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Not in my experience.

Hrm, I got 0 score twice in a row for no reason then.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Did you look at the detailed score to see why you got zero? I reloaded my save several times last night to get a SASO on Miami.

Nothing about it there, I was going for SASO so no non-target kills.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

How did they nerf the breaching charges?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Hub Cat posted:

You can hide in front of the bar while they have the conversation then just distract Sean2 and poison whatever she picked. However big caveat if you save after poisoning the game state can change if you load the save and she somehow doesn't get poisoned

She doesn't always pick honey? I have done 4 runs where I just poisoned the honey and got the kill.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

it's been a while since i tried to run hitman 1 on my laptop, how potato-friendly is it or 2 if dialed all the way down?

my laptop was quite nice 3-4 years ago

It runs worse at lowest settings than Hitman 2016 on medium for me on GTX 970M and i7 4720HQ. In HM1 I mostly got 60 FPS but in HM2 I have lots of times when FPS hovers around 45, and that's even in the old maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Xanderkish posted:

And it's not like 47 couldn't physically do it. Dude can hang indefinitely from a ledge with only the upper joints of his fingers. Every time I see him do that I just cringe at how painful that must be.
I don't usually care much about that, but I do question doing it at Hokkaido on those icy ledges.