Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

Sorry, I'm NOT Funny! :airquote:
My "serious" Channel

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Got the beta on PS4 and had an obscenely fun time in the free mode. It had the smoothness of absolution, but most of the freedom of Blood Money. To echo someone else, it feels like Blood Money 2. There were some janky animations and hilarious rag doll moments, but that just reminded me of BM; I loved it. I'm cautious, but pretty excited for missions to start being released.

I second that whole heartedly. It was so much fun to have a number of ways to tackle such a simple task. Really enjoyed it.
And also, this happened while I was recording my impressions video on PS4 (see attached image). The only time that it happened in about 3-4 hours that I spent with the game. Shows that this game is in beta. Hopefully the framerate issues will be resolved upon release.
And hopefully the episodic nature of the release will be justified story-wise too.

Check out my attempt at tackling the training mission in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAc2R93PZaA

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

My "serious" Channel

Mzbundifund posted:

Is that man missing his lower torso?

Yup, geometry / polygons missing. I was walking around without that portion. Haha!

rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

My "serious" Channel

Swartz posted:

drat, wish I could play the beta, but haven't pre-ordered yet and I don't think the PC version is out yet.

What about humor, has IO kept it's typical dark-humor in-tact during the beta tutorial?

Yup. There's rat poison, there's drowning people in the toilet, there's launching people into the air by sabotaging their eject seat. So, a lot of dark humor intact!

rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

My "serious" Channel
How is the game running for everyone on PC? I have a decent enough rig with an i5 3570k and 980 Ti and the game runs like sh*t in the Paris mission.

I see drops to 35 and rarely does it go about 65. Benchmarking shows a min of 2 FPS!?!? Directx 12 adds 2-3 frames on average but crashes to desktop frequently.

How about the AMD people? Is it better optimized on your GPU?

rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

My "serious" Channel

Megadyptes posted:

What a world we live in when 35FPS is considered to be 'sh*t'!?!?!?
When someone spends enough to get a higher end GPU, the expectation is to play most games at 60 FPS, minimum. Most modern games are able to maintain 70FPS+ on my PC when maxed out. So, I was just commenting that this game is pretty badly optimized in comparison.

Just wanted to know if others were facing similar issues. Not starting a frame rate argument at all :)

Count Uvula posted:

An inconsistent frame rate is gonna look poo poo regardless of the numbers, duder. If it was locked at 30 it'd be better than it randomly dipping down to 35 from 60.
This is exactly the problem I was facing. I made a video showing this issue in a bit more detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFXgB3QooCA

SirDan3k posted:

I ended up locking it down to 30, the second vsync option does that. It's a puzzle game so 30fps is fine for me.
Yes, I found this to be the best solution for this game. Locking at 30fps with everything maxed gives a much smoother experience.

rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

My "serious" Channel

Turin Turambar posted:

55-60 fps on Paris (real mission, not benchmark) in dx11 with a amd 290X tri.

That's actually quite good. I get dips to lower 30's in the fashion ramp room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdsarna
Feb 13, 2016

My "serious" Channel

WindyMan posted:

R9 390 / i7 4.4GHz checking in. It took me a few days to realize my auto-updating drivers didn't auto-update to the Hitman hotfix driver, and after installing that I could actually play Paris instead of it instantly crashing on me, even on DX11. Still, when I had everything at high or max settings at 1080p in Paris, I get low memory warnings left and right (8 GB, but that's the recommended spec) that would cause me to crash out. I didn't want to fight things and just wanted to play the game, so I set things to 720p/medium settings. It runs 60+ like this no problem, as you would hope, but I didn't invest in all of this PC horsepower for nothing.

So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed at the performance at the moment. I'm okay with this for now since the game is great, and because I'm optimistic that things will get smoothed out as things get optimized and DX12 starts working properly.
Yea that's got to be disappointing, but I agree that the game is great so it doesn't matter. I have it locked at 30, maxed out and that's the best way to experience the game for me.

Moartoast posted:

Hitman seems a lot more CPU intensive than GPU. Most performance issues caused with modern cards are evidently dipping when panning the camera/running towards LOD/Shadow heavy areas, primarily crowds. There's probably also some issues from the (actually pretty ambitious) reflections going on, since they're not just simple cubemaps/screenspace things and are actually lower-res rerenders of the scene, seemingly with most lighting and shadows intact.

This would also explain why my AMD FX-fitted PC gets way better performance on DX12 than DX11 (ignoring crashes and buggy stuttering), but peeps like Digital Foundry get like 1-2 FPS boost at most on a more single-core capable Intel CPU.
Thanks a lot. That was quite informative especially about the reflections which I hadn't noticed before.