Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just beat Season 1, was fun. Took me a while to get into this game but glad I did. Any sign of season 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

How does Suit Only work? Can you wear anything classified as a 'suit' or does it need to be 47's signature suit?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Reminded of how if you somehow manage to get into the Marrakesh embassy in your suit, then you won't be suspicious as you'll blend in with all the other people wearing suits. (though the security staff will still catch you)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well, I snuck all the way into the hacker's room in my suit, then had no idea how to deal with a bodyguard and two hackers in a confined space, so ended up playing a little yackety sax then ultimately just shooting everyone and fighting my way out. I shoulda grabbed the Vampire Magician costume on the way out, but panic is like that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I imagine this has been brought up before, but I reckon there's hilarity to be had in the theory that Helmut Kruger is an off-brand 47 clone who never had any talent nor inclination for assassination and took up modelling.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I like how all the escalation mission titles sound like airport thriller titles.

Trying to raise levels in Hokkaido without getting too bored. The one where you have to assassinate the director right after pilfering his safe, does he actually go near that area on his route or do you have to pull some wacky stunt like ninja-climbing out of the dorm to cap him in the garden? Which is tempting, to be fair.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dressing up in a clown costume and hitting you unconscious with a wiffle bat is 47's way of showing brotherly affection.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still want an assassination in a nursing home. Maybe they can repurpose Hokkaido yet again. Mostly because I really want to be able to recreate this video even moreso than my average gameplay already does. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-RaWE-Sb0

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The printing press is already pretty hosed up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pfft that the mission intro has the trust fund's amount ticking down by $10,000 every second.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sounds right that canonically, 47 pretty much always achieves Silent Assassin on every contract.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fuuuck, I nearly got SA/SO on The Guru, but forgot to erase the security footage. :ughh:

I keep forgetting that 'no bodies found' doesn't count your target, it seems.

Method, for the record, was to start in the clock tower, sneak around the side of the room overlooking the mayor's office with the chandelier winch, take the lead pipe from the top and KO the guards there, head downstairs with the right timing and take out the bottom guard (and the chef while hiding him), then head back up, in theory delete the security camera footage, and drop the chandelier on the guru when he enters the office. Then hang around on the ledges for a bit just to be sure before running downstairs and luckily avoiding being spotted, then walk casually down to the boat.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 29, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also I picked the Picard emote because he looks like 47 :thejoke:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Weird funny thing about the Hitman franchise is that Agent 47 isn't really necessary for it to be fun and compelling, but he works.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Helmut Kruger's decided to branch out.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still want a retirement home assassination where I can recreate that Simpsons episode with my inevitable dunderheaded numbskullery. Not sure what a highly secure retirement home would be like, though. Might play out a bit like the rehab clinic job in Blood Money.

I always check every wooden globe just in case.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Agent 47: The world's most overpaid Tuk-Tuk delivery man.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Strategic Tea posted:

This reminds me just how much I want a Bond movie where he visits exotic cities to the sound of

You want taxi?

Nice suit, where are you from?

Sir where are you going?

Airport my friend?

The Man With The Golden Gun has a bit of that, with an energetic child keen on selling him a wooden elephant for forty bucks. I'd have bought it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A few of Diane's reactions indicate that she has a bit of a flair for the dramatic. I like the one where you can get one target to kill the other. "I see you're outsourcing, 47."

I mean, I imagine being the world's greatest assassin it gets boring just shooting people in the head and you end up getting creative after a while.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Presumably 47 then expertly cooks and serves the evidence.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Didn't Kane and Lynch 2 by the same devs go for that grindhouse aesthetic and everyone hated it?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sounds like someone on the dev team drastically overestimated its appeal.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

If they really want to do a grungy murderer thing they could do a spinoff or something. Kinda funny that the Hitman game formula doesn't need 47, but he's so iconic in his own way that the series wouldn't be the same without him at all. Though would be interesting to have different characters to explore the world and opportunities from perspectives other than a generically white bald guy, with different opportunities for impersonation and blending in. (Heck, IAGO would be a nice setup for a female assassin's origin story)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Weapon customisation is kind of an addictive thing, there's a reason it's become almost standard with shooters. Also in real life. It's Barbie dress up for men.

Hell, even the Hitman weapon unlocks are basically the same gun with new parts a lot of the time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Would be nice if NPCs would sometimes use sniper rifles and such just to give a challenge to murderboner runs and give 47 a run for his money.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Catalyst-proof posted:

Yeah. Colorado professional is a really fun level to go loud in. Good chokepoints also include the bathroom near the point man and the upper level of the barn.

Colorado also seems like a level where going loud makes a degree of sense.

I still reckon that they totally have Confederate flags and country music packed away in case the cops show up to throw off suspicion.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This actually seems pretty likely given the vague Scientology-esque group that kept getting mentioned in Hitman 2016.

Finally! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uSYPbtkGs0

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Will you be able to transfer your stuff to use in Hitman 2?

I get the feeling no. Maybe your suits. With the briefcase added it seems likely they'll change how items work to some degree.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Yeah Hitman 2 "gardening shed" style. Yes that katana is for mowing grass why do you ask ? :colbert:

Now picturing Agent 47 as Link, it works disturbingly well.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nakar posted:

Based on the leak there is a lot more than the jungle. The trailer shows a very modern mansion (probably Delgado's) and the lovely fishing village, but the leak also mentions a cave, submarine pen, drug production facility, construction site, and various in-town locations such as a backpacker hostel and a bar. No fewer than seven escape points as well. The map is also full of keys over keycards, so the lockpick gains major value now that crowbars are unpocketable. Done well, it will have tons of variety for custom contracts that isolate themselves to one or two areas, and unlike Colorado all the exits won't be along the perimeter of the map.

For some reason it makes me think of Sapienza from that description.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kanfy posted:

By all accounts Marrakesh is the least popular mission of the bunch, yeah.

I feel there's at least as many complaints about Bangkok. Colorado gets an honourable mention. (probably not because it's bad, but because 4 targets on the same map plus a single mandatory exit is a bit of a commitment)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sapienza is if anything the worst for unused areas, given in the story mission the mansion and the lab below are the only relevant areas, and the other missions have the opposite to the point where the mansion is literally inaccessible.

Paris is rather intimidating at first but it is indeed full of security holes and pretty good for teaching you to exploit them.

Hokkaido I think is loved because it presents a perfect challenge for the final mission of the game and just dares you to find holes in a truly ridiculous level of security. And you do, and make a complete mockery of the place, and feel awesome for it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And y'know, the final area being a hospital for the 1% that is basically run on murder and organ theft, letting the wealthy neglect their bodies because they can literally use the bodies of the poor to make up for it, and many of the Elusive Targets (I do love how every one of them has their own story and personality) indicate they're up to all kinds of heinous and illegal poo poo besides, including secretly serving dictators and criminals with illegal treatments.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

khwarezm posted:

Oh also now I want a game where 47 is put out of work by cheaper, automated assassin robots and has to grapple with the quandaries of his down to earth, working class skills being made redundant in the new world while he tries to retrain as a pastry chef.

HK-47 was a Hitman reference, right?

Discendo Vox posted:

In the narrative, ICA is amoral and will work for anyone, with the condition that their business requires the world is mostly stable- this is part of why the UN and interpol are popular customers, and why people trying to manipulate the agency risk retribution (though at this point it's still happened like 5 times). But it's not as if you're not knocking over mob witnesses in some missions.

In 2016, it's absolutely intended that the ICA and 47 also serve as a class critique. Diana's explanation of the ingeniousness of 47's disguise ability isn't just that he's talented, but that people don't see past the uniform, and don't notice or know the identities of workers. Your ability to blend into roles, and to serve interchangeably even with high-ranking people, is an important facet of the world of 47 (it's also part of what makes Strandberg unusually scary as a target).

Like the ol' Discworld Assassins' Guild; they won't take contracts that would't just ruin the game but smash the board. (I think there is one assassin in Making Money whose description oddly recalls Agent 47)

Probably that when it comes to activists, whistleblowers and people without pots of money and heavily secure areas, you don't need the ICA.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Veotax posted:

And during E3 was shocked to learn that pirates stole stuff.

Does he wear a straw hat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kanfy posted:

Ryckert's written books, had a successful career, regularly does all kinds of cool and weird stuff most of us can only dream of and by all accounts makes quite a bit of money. And despite suffering from some pretty bad anxiety, he puts himself out there all the time.

His knowledge of some everyday things is obviously a bit lacking but let's not kid ourselves here, in the grander scale of things most of the guy's life decisions are a hell of a lot better and smarter than almost anyone's here.

So he's a sitcom dad

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I had trouble with loading saves after the slurry pit kill in Colorado since the body gets spotted after reloading.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Video games have a storied history of really, really bad accents, I figure they wanted to dodge that bullet and make incidental dialogue easy to understand.

Interesting that we get a New Zealand location, wasn't the ecoterrorist leader in Colorado from New Zealand?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nakar posted:

Cameras remain linked on Pro, but the easy ones in the tower and church basement are removed I think. Only the ones in the mansion and lab exist.

To answer the question, no there's no way in the first game to be sure if you're blown outside of optional objectives on a custom contract. Might be improved in 2 but we don't know.

The Elusive Targets in Sapienza still have the clock tower cameras going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nakar posted:

ETs are on normal difficulty. They do sometimes remove recorders or other parts of the map as part of the ET, but only rarely. If you're doing an ET and paranoid about recordings, yeah by all means go destroy one of the recorders first to avoid that being an issue.

I mostly recall that since I almost got Silent Assassin on the Guru but forgot to erase the cameras.