Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Jesus christ Squre Enix's store is lovely, but it's the only place to buy the drat Collector's Edition for PC.

If anyone is looking to buy the full game on PS4 or Xbox and wants to be my best friend: I'll buy the CE for whatever platform, you buy the PC digital download, and we swap codes. I'll even send you the stupid red tie in the mail if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Discendo Vox posted:

I was re-watching the E3 trailer and I noticed something...fantastic.

Dammit Allan

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
arrived today:

pretty neat. anyone want a tie?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Is it a good tie? :v:

i don't know! i've never owned a tie before :(

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I'm confused as to why I can't select my monitor's native resolution

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
God dammit. I killed everyone in the basement/2nd/3rd floors without being compromised. Now the game is getting extremely crashy as I try to clear out the packed first floor. gently caress.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Junkenstein posted:

Well gently caress. I'd heard about the disconnection problems but this is ridiculous. Even save scumming doesn't help cos there appears to be a 50% chance going to the save menu boots me off the server. Back to The Division I guess.

Weird, I'm 12 hours into this game and have never been disconnected. I had some issues connecting initially when the game first launched, but it's all been gravy since.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Does being spotted by a security camera remove your "Never Spotted" bonus even if you take out the security system? Trying to speed run the escalation thingy where you have to hack laptops/kill the AV guy/kill the Sheikh's body guard and I keep losing my bonus even though I'm never caught killing dudes. wtf

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Veotax posted:

It's one of the tabs in the pause menu

It's a bit of a pain in the rear end. There's a couple of issues I have with the menu and hotkeys in this game:

1) Weapon selector - it's similar to Blood Money's, but I don't like how it's a full screen thing of item silhouettes rather than 3D models over a blurred background. That's kinda nitpicky though. A bigger issue is that WASD seems to spin the selector, so if I'm running around and hit the button to bring it up, I start spinning through my items immediately. I don't remember any of the prior games having this.

2) The map needs to be on a hotkey rather than hitting F1 and clicking on the tab. Blood Money had this perfect.

3) G key. Using G is fine to dump a weapon in a garbage can, but when it brings up the options to select the item to drop, G turns into the cancel key, and the confirm key is Enter, so I have to move my hand over to hit it. I think (??) I can click to confirm, so maybe this is another dumb nitpick.

4) X for climbing. It's awkward trying to hold a direction key from a pipe and then hit X to jump to that ledge. Similarly, holding X to slide down. Why couldn't this just be another function of use (E)? I've not seen any cases where you're able to open a door while on a ledge, so it's not like there would be a button conflict there. Same goes with vaulting.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Badchay posted:

Trying to complete Suit only + Silent assassin + Eliminate Victor's bodyguard in Paris. Kinda hard when everybody else seems to have X-ray vision, not just 47.

So yeah, I get to "Hunted" status when trying to subdue the bodyguard in an empty bathroom. It's not Victor who's alarmed, nor anyone else near bathroom. They're all chill, so wtf.

I ran into that when trying to kill Sato. I don't get it.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Badchay posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/236870/announcements/detail/857181154236741861

Two Escalations added, again. The Einarsson Inception and The Marsden Isotopy. Sounds pretty boring but guess I'll give it a try

I've been having fun with the escalations, yet I'm seeing so many people complain about them. I don't get it.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

pnutz posted:

speaking of the kitchen knife mission, how do you deal with the woman? I ended up mugging her and then throwing the knife when he was standing around making GBS threads himself. In typical hitman fashion, the guy screaming out HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING PUT HER DOWN noNO*thunk* doesn't draw the attention of the shotty bartender on the other side of the door

I started at the 2nd floor with the AV geeks. As soon the map starts I sprint downstairs and go in the door where you're parallel to the two kitchen workers. Immediately crouch and throw a coin into the back right corner near the closet where you can hide the dude, and he'll go look for it. As soon as he starts walking, the other one will move to a different station where she's facing away from you, so you can freely throw the knife into his head and hide him before she turns around.

As for the other dude you have to kill, I just garrote him immediately upon him exiting the kitchen. You can wait until he walks across the room and sneak up on him, but then you have to worry about the models exiting the runway seeing you stash the body. The waiter/guard with shotgun will never hear you or turn around, so just ignore him.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Sindai posted:

Wow, the steamspy stats for this are pretty brutal. 153k owners vs Absolution's 2.8m. But the really crazy thing is that about as many people have played Absolution in the past 2 weeks as Hitman 2016.

I guess the super charitable interpretation is that the new game revived interest in Absolution to some extent?

EDIT: There actually was a big spike in Absolution players right before Hitman came out, it's almost returned to the baseline by now though.

This episodic bullshit really hurt them, but I can't help but wonder what Absolution's numbers were at a similar point after release?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

WindyMan posted:

On the other hand, I should be pushing well over 40 hours by the time the Italy location is released. There's plenty to do right now, but only in little chunks.

I had to stop around 24 hours in. I can't stand the music from the fashion show any longer. Or hear Diana say "THAT is Victor Novikov" one more time...

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

UrbicaMortis posted:

I think you can go most places in the mansion using the biolab security outfit and outside of the lab, no one can see through it. Haven't tested it properly though so I can't be certain.

You're not allowed to go to the upper floors with it.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Strudel Man posted:

What the hell, he was spotted there at the end.

edit: Man, I have no idea how to make the dude try to escape by plane, so I can shoot him down. Nor how to get the lady in position to be cannoned. Nor, for that matter, to be crushed by a stalactite - her path on investigating the ruined virus doesn't seem to bring her past one.

I think for the cannon one you have to make her meet up with the detective

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Discendo Vox posted:

Ahhh...that Blood Money jank.

This is an old all zeroes run of Amendment XXV. Still less of a mess than Requiem, or heck, check any of the other vids by that creator.

I forgot how bad the voice acting was.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Main menu won't load for me right now. It connects fine, but sits there for a while before giving an error that the data couldn't load.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I wonder if it's because the server that fills the menu with contracts/whatever is spitting out garbage that the game doesn't know what to do with so it gives up.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Not being able to modify weapons sucks. I want a silenced sniper with 2x zoom :(

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Is there anywhere in Sapienza to get more Jaeger 7 ammo?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Ugh, I failed to realise that you lose Never Spotted if you're caught on camera, even if you delete the evidence. There goes my Silent Assassin :v:

It wasn't too tough of a mission. I started as an AV geek and saw him in one of the rooms next to the starting point. He walked off to the third floor and I subdued the auction staff that was standing around. Poisoned his drink and waited about 10 minutes for him to come back. Suddenly realised his guard would probably notice him dying in front of him and freaked out trying to think of a new approach or if I could somehow unpoison his drink. As soon as they came back I distracted him with the vacuum in the next room, then distracted his bodyguard with a coin before he could follow him in. Shut the door so they couldn't see each other, subdued the guard, then opened the door and shot him in the back of the head as he shut off the vacuum. Hid the bodies and escaped through the basement.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This isn't actually true though? Cameras are a separate category and not related to "never spotted". I have noticed that "never spotted" can be kind of finicky though. I think even if they get suspicious enough to approach you (but don't blow your disguise) that's enough to lose it.

I don't know. I read on Reddit that this was the case. I've never paid too close attention to it before. I wasn't spotted at all, other than people walking past me with the question mark above their head when I caused distractions. Never got an alert, or the white hissing noise indicator thing.

Side note: anyone know a fix for the game's resolution being reset to native resolution? I'm trying to play at 1280x720, but it keeps going back to 2560x1440 when I launch the game

edit; just created a contract to test the Never Spotted thing. It's definitely due to the cameras, even if evidence is destroyed.

dc3k fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 13, 2016

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Pilchenstein posted:

When someone does that you can still detonate it. :v:

You can with the remote duck. I don't think the prox duck works once it's picked up.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Pilchenstein posted:

I didn't know there was a second kind of duck, just ignore me then.

Yeah, one was a pre-order bonus. The other was an unlockable item from Paris (?) ... can't remember which is which though.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
How can I auto-skip the intro videos when launching the game?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

nickmeister posted:

What bothers me even more than the American accents is the fact that a lot of the voice actors can't ACT. It sounds pretty amateurish at times.

This is pretty common in Hitman games.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Found a really easy route to poison the guy without being spotted, but when he goes to the bathroom to puke, his bodyguards come inside with him. Dammit.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Alright, ended up poisoning him and killing him in the bathrooms anyways. Tried using the "remote audio distraction" thing. It's really broken. NPCs can see it through walls randomly, and when they don't see it through a wall, they can't loving hear it when I turn it on, yet a coin dropped right beside it is good enough to alert them.

NPC seeing through wall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6FnKApHe7s&t=220s

Coin being louder than blaring alarm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6FnKApHe7s&t=261s

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Chexoid posted:

Just popping out $10 episodes every month or two, without worrying about a story or whatever, sounds like a pretty ideal Hitman experience to me.

I would be all over this. I've never really given a poo poo about the storyline in Hitman games.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I dunno what it is, but Marrakesh kinda killed the game for me. I put 60 hours into Paris and Sapienza, and have played Marrakesh just enough to finish it once.

Gonna give it a shot again now though. I'd like to shoot Gary Busey in the face at least.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
New map seems fun so far. Just did a quick run through. I only ever put like 30 minutes into Marrakesh, but I think I'll end up putting 20 or 30 hours into this like I did with Paris/Sapienza

Game still runs like poo poo for me. Everything maxed out @ 1440p with an i5 @ 4.2GHz and a GTX 1080 there are still places I'm getting 40FPS

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
This Japan map is great. Reminds me of the fancy Christmas party in Blood Money.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
drat, figured out an easy way to get the ninja challenge in Hokkaido. Was hoping I would get SA/SO at the same time, but didn't get an achievement for suit only :(

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Friend posted:

Go on...

I have a video of it if you want to see. I can upload it after work

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Friend posted:

Go on...

here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrsxcOcRlyc

it's really boring. most of the video is just sitting in a room waiting for someone to show up

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Why can't I drown her. Shes puking in the toilet. :mad:

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Breaking her neck and throwing her into the hot spring during the yoga lesson is more fun anyway, especially with her bodyguard standing 6 feet away.

Also I found him later in the level looking for her :laugh:

Will that get me the drowning challenge?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Tir McDohl posted:

It was pretty easy getting the drowning challenge in the first level of the escalation, I found.

I always forget about those. Thanks, I'll start on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Sinteres posted:

Is Absolution worth getting for $5 just to have more Hitman, even if it's not as good as Blood Money or the new one?

Yes. I liked it. It's no Blood Money, but I had fun.