Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
This game is soooo good. In some ways, it's better than Blood Money, especially if you put opportunities on minimal or off.

I hope we get a solid three seasons. 18 high quality, high density maps would be... just... :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Oh, and I'd like to thank this thread. You all were discussing (a year ago) about how fun and cool Sapienza was. The first time I did it, I just did the psychologist bit and went straight into the mansion. You guys were talking about clowns and graveyards and churches and I was like "Huh?". So I loaded it back up and holy poo poo there is a ton of content I missed the first time. I also missed the second level (with the fireworks trigger) on my first few playthroughs of Paris. I love how massive these levels are.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
i...

i hosed up the elusive target...

I mean, I killed Mr. Giggles with relative ease, but I botched the client list retrieval and was gunned down by a soldier.

i'm a shame to the ICA legacy.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
New DLC is pretty dope.

Mission 1: Not too terribly different than the original Bangkok contract, but a fun variation nonetheless. Some tricks still work, some don't.

Mission 2:I haven't done this one cleverly yet. I just waited until the meet and gunned the two down and grabbed the virus. Still, I love Sapienza. Such a fun environment for mischief.

Mission 3: Now here's where we get fun and weird. I loved the sniper missions. It was fun to replay again and again to get all Hidden Bodies or All Accident Kills.

Mission 4: Holy poo poo. What a crazy idea! I was certain I needed to find a cure or an antidote that would save everyone. I guess not! It was perverse fun murdering every NPC in the level like I was a stone cold school shooter.

Any idea where the safe is in Hokkaido that is opened by the safe key? Anyway to beat this with only two targets?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Nakar posted:

There are actually two safes: One is in the Director's office (however, he's inside his own office on PZ, so you have to either lure him out or break in), and one is in the Stem Cell room (or what would be the Stem Cell room on Situs Inversus).

I did a run of this with no equipment and a SA/SO run with zero equipment that uses a simple route to disable Owen Cage before he has a chance to get out of his room. You can let yourself get infected if you want and just take a hazmat suit, which will prevent you from spreading the infection until you vaccinate yourself. Once Cage is dead you have all the time in the world to deal with Lieblied and nobody will care that Cage has vanished.

drat, nice!!

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I wouldn't want every level to be like this, but it would be fun to have a Hitman level where the target(s) follow one non-looping path over, say, one real-time hour but tracked by in game clocks. You would have to find in game clocks to see what time it was and plan your hit based on where the target would be at that exact time. Miss it and you'd have to go on to the next. Could make for some fun research elements to the level, or clever ways to alter the path. Like, if the target gets a haircut at 4pm, you could either pose as the stylist OR you could cause a power outage at the salon and have the target end up somewhere earlier (with less eyes) or something.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
drat, that's a great gag

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Can you SASO Robert Knox in Miami with a sniper rifle? I can wipe out his daughter but his body guard always joins when I snipe his lappy.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Nakar posted:

EDIT: Similar Sgail question, how the hell do you do The Final Countdown? It says you have to kill the twins "after the Constant escapes," but as far as I can tell you can't do anything about the Constant until the twins are dead. Is there some way to either trigger him to respond to 47 earlier, or a way to make him forcibly evacuate somehow?

I was experimenting with the sniper rifle there and I killed the Upstairs lady which made the Downstairs lady sad and made The Constant run to the helicopter which Lucas Gray steals and gets him away. It causes a 5 minute countdown for you to kill the last sister. I guess you could trigger that escape with both alive??

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I had a ton of fun with the Kashmirian mission story cluster on Mumbai. Ended up choosing the Barber for the final kill but that feels almost like the perfect way to do the level.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I did 3 or 4 scouting runs of the ET when I found the detonator for the bomb in the lab. The Undying called it a small explosive, so I thought triggering it would only kill him. Turns out, it killed like 3 people. Whoops! But hey, at least he's for sure dead and DEFINITELY won't be back

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I did a genocide run on Sgail just for yucks and godDAMN is that a much larger level than I first thought, with all kinds of crazy poo poo to mess with.

Some of you got attacked by knights in armor during your mass murder runs but I never saw them. Do you have to dress in armor first to get them to show up?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
For me, the Hitman game conceit that I think is most amusing is the fact that two people who are traveling together or are otherwise intending to be in constant contact will just be perfectly cool if one suddenly disappears for an hour, especially if you disappear a VIP target while their bodyguard is waiting for them.

I think a cool level gimmick would be a tandem pair of targets that, if they don't see the other one after like 2 in-game minutes, they become afraid or suspicious and it makes all guards enforcers or something to indicate paranoia. I wouldn't want the whole game like that, but it could make for some fun challenges. Like, make a solo kill really easy but on a maximally difficult path back to the other, now paranoid target or Do U Got The Skillz to take both out together without getting caught. Or even better, have a non-target bodyguard become a HUGE pain in the rear end if their boss disappears for more than 5 minutes.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I had a dream last night that I was playing a new Hitman level set in a Russian town in which one of the targets was a very important rooster. The gameplay mechanic was that the rooster would become alarmed and crow for help (making everyone suspicious) if you got too close to it and it wandered around mostly populated areas so you had to carefully plan how to either snipe or "accident" it.

Anyway, ioi plz make a rooster an ET is what i'm saying.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Just for funzoes I brought the Sieger Ghost to Colorado to see if I could kill all 4 from the water tower.

I did, but then that loving exit... That really slows down an already annoying level.

It was fun to try to Suit Only to get a 3D printed face and get through the basement. Fun puzzle, but pretty much guarantees I don't visit CO very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I'm having fun doing SASO runs now that i've put quite a few hours into each level. It really makes you think through the "murder puzzle" aspect of what you're doing.

My best close call so far was in Miami. I used the Seiger Ghost to shoot Rebecca's car then worked my way up to the Satellite Computer. While the body guard was securing a weirdly loose firearm some imbecile left on the ground, I sniped Robert Knox with the rifle. I blew him OVER the rail except for his leg, which caused him to get stuck dangling from the railing in a way I assume would be a Body Found if the guard returned. I had to time my sprint to the helipad perfectly to scoot behind the bodyguard before he returned.

In Colombia, I saved the Jungle Drug Man for last. I lured the aide out of his cabin with the air conditioner and I was trying to figure out if Drug Man would come to investigate all while Drug Man was stretching and coughing and loitering in front of a window. Oh duh *blat blat* done.

Anyway hitman owns, SASO owns.