Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_j_Jgu1kqU&t=28s

Tumble fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah unless something really lucky happens the only question is "how long will they keep the servers on"

Also a Hitman movie would basically just be a heist movie

I dunno, HITMAN was so well received that I think it will get picked up somewhere. If IO still has 60% of their staff, at the very least they'll probably unlock the game.

We are for sure not getting a season 2 this year or possibly ever though, which sucks.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Thief posted:

idk if yall saw john wick 2 but if money is an issue they could just reskin agent 47 to keanu and do more elaborate qte combat when enemies get too close and sell a bajillion copies

Yea I was thinking about this the other day; if they tightened up the auto-aim a tiny bit more for console scrubs like me, it would be a neat way to extend the life of the game.

Let me break some bones and cap dudes up close, and change up the scoring a bit so I can be rewarded for quick, ambush-style shootouts. For example, if I manage to kill the target and all the bodyguards in a couple of seconds, that's actually pretty rad. They can keep the "Silent Assassin is the best run" things, but it would make for a lot of interesting playthroughs if they found creative ways to let you get rewarded for gunning down targets and their immediate guards Wick-style.

They already reward sniper stuff, may as well let us actually get some use out of the other guns we unlock.

Also: I want more normal civilian levels for season 2 (I'm really really hoping it happens). Something like an NYC skyscraper. Something with some elevators and window washers.

NRVNQSR posted:

I do like the idea of levels with mutually-hostile groups of NPCs who will enter combat if they see each other, and if season 2 somehow happens I hope we get one. Heck, you could go further and have a level set in an actual conflict zone. Having a significant number of opportunities focused on getting other NPCs to take out your target (accidentally or on purpose) would be pretty neat.

SWAT teams have been A Thing in Hitman since the first one.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 8, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Mondian posted:

In the back of the garden to the left of the shinto gate you can climb down the ledge and slide down a pipe to get to the walkway that runs along the back edge of the map. Aside from one guard that stands right there (He moves periodically) its a risk and equipment-free way to make it to a few important areas (pilot's pill room, morgue, cameras) and gives you easy access to a few disguises. Make a save in the morgue and use that to easily knock out multiple challenges.

You get the guys brain remote on this route. That's such a loving twisted mechanic. Don't forget to make the guy happy again or he'll go up to the garden and commit suicide lmfao

I also used this route in reverse to get Sniper Assassin and kill the lawyer girl on the bridge. It's an easier, deadlier shot to do it right from where you climb up the drainpipe rather than doing it from the Ninja start area. But if you're going for Silent Ninja I think it's better to snipe her gas lamp out and then go take down the heart. You can shoot the heart through 2 panes of glass with the sniper rifle and nobody will hear your gun go off. Same goes for sniping the tape deck to get rid of evidence.

Then it's a pretty easy sprint back up to da chopper.
Still, it's much more fun to drain Soders blood or inject him with botulism stem cells. Although I do love how pleased Diana is when you destroy Soder's heart :3:

Also: Sapienza becomes a much, much better level as soon as you unlock the lab starting point so you can just knock that out right at the start.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 13, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Tippis posted:

I wouldn't go that far. Being an independent studio is difficult. Still, it means that the IP won't be rotting away in the “not worth-while”-drawer of someone who's only interested in spending money on it by hiring lawyers to ensure it never appears on the market again.

So I'd go for a cheerful “hey, neat” instead.

At least it means we're almost certainly getting season 2.

And it most likely won't have such a hosed up pay structure either.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 16, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
They probably don't need to sell anything or take money from large publishers right now. Rumor is they're already halfway through making season 2 and they've already simplified the purchasing, so it's just a matter of getting those levels out and some money rolling in.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Nakar posted:

There are a number of ways they could go with the model to attempt to make it more attractive to consumers and they do at least have some positive buzz from the full release of Season One. I hope there'll be less hesitation to pick up new episodes after they've demonstrated that they can and will release a full season plus an extra year of live content.

Of course that assumes they can keep things going like that. They've already scaled back the live content releases a bit.

They already simplified the season 1 stuff, so I assume they'll do something similar for season 2. I'd put money on 2 halves to buy instead of individual levels.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Darkhold posted:

Square could have very easily unloaded the studio but kept the Hitman rights which was the biggest concern I think. Not really uncommon in the games industry. In fact I'd say this situation is the exception to the rule instead of the expected result.

I was always pretty sure they'd just do an offline patch over just switching off the servers though.

Japanese publishers are not known for being kind to IPs when they sour on a franchise, so I agree - it's the best possible outcome for what could have been some terrible news.

Nakar posted:

I'm pretty sure that was the goal. There are a number of hints to this in the UI with dynamically scaling Destination icon sizes and the Story tab having no definite endpoint. I would guess that there will be fewer unlocks though since it's hard to keep coming up with new poo poo for 20 levels of Mastery; it might end up being more like Professional Mastery where there's a handful of items and the majority of rewards are location-specific unlocks like start points and stash spots. That said, I wouldn't mind if the quality of the unlocks keeps scaling upward since there's potential for some wacky poo poo and it would sort of level the playing field for people who didn't get Season One. The other possibility is the unlocks will be even better but the levels will be harder (Colorado-style level of security, Hokkaido-style restriction of access, something like that) to encourage grabbing useful Mastery unlocks from easier levels to tackle the harder ones.

I'd be kind of surprised if they could keep up the CG cutscenes without Square-Enix, however.

Well the cutscenes aren't all the complicated - they're what, a minute long and mostly contain people talking? They can't be that hard to keep doing. (Not that they're that important either way.)

I think we'll see a similar progression as far as level difficulty goes, with the last level being something along the lines of Colorado/Hokkaido. Although I have to say I think that Bangkok is as punishing as those ones. Sapienza and Paris are still my favorite levels, but once you learn Hokkaido it's not really any harder, it's just different.

The Kins posted:

Of note:

1.) According to a developer on NeoGAF, IO got "a good deal" from Square, for whatever that's worth.

2.)
https://twitter.com/IO_Travis/status/875736080313659392

That's amazing news. Hitman seems to be officially saved!

Tumble fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 16, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

Only bad thing about season 2 being A Thing is that now hitman will continue to fill out my ssd with its heft.

I don't think the new season will be out until 2018 so you've got some time

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

frank.club posted:

yeah this would be cool

yea, i was saying this earlier but it would be the poo poo if they could figure out a scoring system to reward you for doing stuff like wiping out a squad of bodyguards along with the target before any of them knew what was happening.

they should bring back the more complex ranking system from Blood Money. It would also make people play through each situation as it unfolds rather than re-loading when you screw up and get spotted. https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Hitman:_Blood_Money/General -- Look at all that good poo poo!

also, you guys wanna know something sad? in Hokkaido, in that area where you turn up the heat on the sauna: you cannot put a rubber in that water trough and float it out to the yoga area. It is rubber-duck sized and it would a sweet little path for the rubber duck to float down, but it doesn't work. You can't bomb somebody with a rubber duck that way.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 18, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Guys wanna know how I just failed the ET?

I started in my suite, got a security guard disguise, killed the target without being spotted, paused the game to go pee and put my controller down, the controller slipped down into the couch cushion a bit and unpaused, the Director wandered through and spotted me, got a guard, and I came in right as I was getting my final warning before they gunned me down.

:(

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I love using the duck. There is something incredibly hosed up about a blinking rubber duck packed with explosives that is just so twisted and perfect. If this game had actual gore instead of just silly ragdolls I think it would actually be too grotesque to use.

StashAugustine posted:

Marrakesh, Sapienza, and Bangkok are all divided into a small concentrated area where the targets are and a big open area to prep for the hit. Sapienza is the best because the actual area you care about is just about a level in its own right, plus a bunch of space for the town. Marrakesh has the cool marketplace/protest/club area but the actual targets are in the embassy (okay but small) and the school (boring). Bangkok has one target running around the neutral area, but I can't really see any fun ways to get him although I haven't really followed him much yet. Cross is locked down on like two or three floors of the hotel and each floor seems to have at least one guy that can see through your disguise, and that's the really annoying part. Also the neutral area isn't bad but it's not as cool as Sapienza's town or Marrakesh's market.

My personal rankings no one cares about : Paris, Sapienza, Hokkaido, Colorado, Marrakesh, Bangkok, but the only one I don't really like is Bangkok. I also haven't really played it a lot yet so maybe I'll appreciate it more once I explore it. Come to think of it, it could use an alternate layout like A House Built On Sand to put a target in a place you care about but it'd probably be too small

Paris is probably the best map in the whole series. It's incredibly permeable - suit only runs in Paris are a hell of a lot of fun because of how scalable and easy-to-infiltrate it is. You can sneak around the bodyguards and monkey around the outside like a badass. Sapienza is great too, but I actually like the side mission where you kill the politician more than I like the main one. The mansion itself is less interesting than the town, the square, the church, and the marketplace/town hall. Plus you get to skip the lab part (although now that I know the lab part well enough it's not as big a deal to just shoot the stalagtite and escape via the plane)

Same goes for Marrakesh, although, although I'm coming around to the main one now that I've gotten very good at the game. Originally it was quite jarring to go from the sprawling, open missions of Paris and Sapienza to the less permeable, tighter security military and embassy buildings.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
One of my favorite little guard things is when they're dragging a body away. They'll say "You'd be surprised but I really do this a lot."

Tumble fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 29, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Security station I think?

What's the best SA/SO route for Colorado? I got it for Paris (lure Dalia into her bathroom, ambush Novikov on the way to the safe room which probably won't work on Pro) Sapienza (Caruso with cannonball, De Santis with virus grenade, laptop for virus) and Marrakesh (poison Zaydan, push Strandberg off second floor on the embassy) and got Ninja on Hokkaido (heart in morgue, Yamazaki in spa) but I don't have a good grasp of the safe SO routes in Bangkok or Colorado

Wait, virus grenade?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
As a counter-point that huge fountain of text up above, actually this game has awesome as hell stealth mechanics and I don't find it too challenging to sneak around just about anywhere. It's very easy to read when you're going to get spotted, and the game is quite generous about allowing you to sneak past people.

Last night, I was role-playing that the ICA is very stingy about expense reports so if 47 used a coin to distract people, he has to get it back. I wish that this game would allow you to set up silly mission goals like that when you're making contracts.

Also, I wish that the fun end-of-mission rankings from Blood Money would make a comeback. It's a tiny bit disheartening that game is so binary when it comes to grading you on how you did. But I think I've mentioned that here already.

Edit - Oh, also, has anybody found a point to using the HWK-21 yet? It takes like 4 body shots to kill somebody so the increased clip size doesn't do much good, and 47 reloads so fast that it's kind of moot anyways.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 30, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
What do you guys think the most brutal kills in the Hitman games are? I'm trying to think of one that's more brutal than draining Soders blood in Hokkaido.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Nakar posted:

I think the most brutal without being visceral in the act of murder itself is still the Sean Rose OCD opportunity. You deliberately gently caress with a guy who is barely holding together his condition, throwing one thing after another out of whack until he grows increasingly agitated, turn off the water in his bathroom so he can't do his hand-washing ritual, then -- and this is where it goes from standard opportunity to serious bonkersville -- spike the cigarettes he smokes to calm down with an extremely potent hallucinogen, causing him to freak the gently caress out and run frantically into a shed where he helplessly washes himself over and over until 47 has the time to casually walk in and hold his head underwater until the thrashing stops.

You never inflict a single open wound on Rose, but goddamn if he doesn't get thoroughly hosed over in the process. It's not really cruel or evil as such, but it also isn't ironic like most opportunities: killing Rose with his own exploding watch design is ironic, making Rose blow himself up is ironic, killing Novikov or Abiatti by taking advantage of their corner-cutting stage effects is ironic. It just kind of shows that 47 is remorseless and ruthlessly efficient: Diana tells him Rose suffers from OCD and has a strong reaction to drugs and 47 just connects all the dots no matter how convoluted if it ensures his target is in a prime spot to be taken out at the end of it.

Any of the Soders kills where you sabotage KAI or the surgical equipment are up there though, it's pretty hard to even imagine how brutally painful it must be to get your blood yanked out or get stabbed a hundred times by just every needle. It makes just walking up to him so he dies of shock seem like a mercy kill, and Soders isn't a target that particularly inspires any sort of mercy especially given that the game makes sure you know he's a jealous cheating dickbag from the tutorials.

Yea, Rose's death is really hosed up if you lace his cigarette. You basically give him his worst day ever before you drown him in a nasty tool-shed basin. Pushing Zaydan into the printing press is pretty gruesome too.
For sheer violent nonchalance, you kill a TON of innocent people if you drop the light rig on Novikov.

I love when you take out Soder's heart though. Diana is so pleased with your cleverness. "Elegant solution 47!"

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I love that every other Soders kill has her going,"I'm not sure how to feel about this.... :smith:" but dump his heart in the trashcan and she's all :neckbeard:

The first time I played that level I was just messing around and exploring, and I shot his heart on a whim. It was like Diana was speaking directly to me!

She probably would have liked it more if I didn't also kill everybody down there and also cremate a couple of unconscious people alive, but the sentiment was there.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

this thread fuckin sucks

no it doesn't its a sweet thread for a sweet game don't be a dick. i need this ok?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
lol chilis just being a dick for being a dicks sake it ain't no thing

but 47 doesn't see the world in any particularly hosed up way, you just can't make a game where the goal is to kill people if you're killing people that don't deserve canonically deserve it. that's why you're always killing people who are already involved in shady poo poo and not the people involved in stopping them. you're almost always going to be killing the mob boss, not the judge sentencing the mob boss to a prison term like a real hitman would be.

i think Blood Money had a lot more "edge" in that regard, in that you were definitely doing more blatantly for-profit hits, rather than the kind of Secret Agent-esque hits you're doing in 2016.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 5, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Nakar posted:

I can't get Signature but I can get Blood Money and that's by far the best regular suit. The Signature Suit in '16 is way too cheap-looking to be a suit 47 would wear. The enormous seam down the back is so blatant it looks like he got it at Kohl's and fitted by a dry-cleaners. The Requiem/Absolution/Blood Money suits are infinitely nicer-looking suits. The Winter Suit is also Fashion Apotheosis but it's a coat and not a jacket so it's not really comparable (except that if you look at it up close on max settings it's an insanely good looking coat, no fraying or fuzz at all).

EDIT: Also the sleeves on the Signature might be too long, they sit a little low on 47's wrists. Gloves do sort of mask that though.

Also BM has tie physics.

apart from CO though there really isn't a place you could 'fit in' in a long winter coat

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Tippis posted:

Sounds like someone noticed that half their unlocks were noisy guns that serve no useful purpose because 1, there are bajillions of them on every map anyway, and 2, noise means death. I suppose this addresses the second problem somewhat…

…but really, so what? The combat wasn't the tricky part in any of that — getting away from it was. So what makes this “more satisfying and viable”?

I wish they'd bring back the rankings from Blood Money. They'd immediately make the unlocked guns more valuable and useful if you could get fun rankings like "Murderer" and "Phantom Killer". One of my favorite rankings to get was "Hitman" because you were killing the target and their bodyguards John Wick style. It made setting up ambushes a lot more fun and rewarding.

Right now, once you've done the challenges, the game only punishes you for doing anything other than popping the targets and hiding the bodies because it's a very pass/fail scoring system.

Canonically it wouldn't change anything; the games story is played out as though you killed everybody SA-style anyways.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 13, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah, accidents and poisonings allow bodies to be discovered. The game is fairly lenient about what counts as an accident; environment kills, such as falling chandeliers or exploding fire extinguishers/propane tanks, are fair game, shoving people from high distances is good, drowning them in a toilet's also considered an accident. You have a lot of ways to murder undetected.

The fall damage is wonky. In Sapienza, if you poison Silvios lunch with the expired spaghetti sauce, in order to kill him you actually have to "push" him off the edge where he's vomiting. If you toss another can of spaghetti sauce at his head and he tumbles off the edge unconcious, he won't actually be dead; I lost a SA:SO run because of that. They woke his rear end back up.

Also, if you "dump" an unconcious body over an edge to kill them, I don't think that still counts as accident kill. (Also you can "kill" people by just dumping them over a very small ledge, it's the animation that triggers them dying, not the distance. At least it used to be, I'm not sure if it still works that way)

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Nakar posted:

It works like that because there is no fall damage. They have to be killed by a prompt or touch a kill plane such as water or they won't actually die.

Oh I know, it's just very funny to "dump" an unconscious body over a railing and have him be killed by 3 foot drop.

although to be fair, it's SUPER bad for you to be knocked out in the first place so it's kind of understandable that they're in such a fragile state.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
Yea but the manor in Sapienza is very boring. 'Landslide' is WAY better imo.

also I was just messing around with the new combat mechanics on Paris. It totally feels like you're John Wick now, bullet-proof suit and all.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 22, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
puking gets wonky sometimes; if you dress up as the P.I to get to De Santis and emetic her in the alleyway she'll go to a bathroom and then turn to puke in the wastebasket.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

I really want to unlock the ninja and scarecrow outfits as illegal everywhere costumes. Motorcyclist would be cool too, I guess.

I want the katana unlocked everywhere too. It's a pretty damned competent weapon, even when they're shooting at you.

and I want a season 2 announcement dammit, IO. I've been playing Hitman games since the first C47 demo came out and 47 was a sarcastic dickhead rather than an unemotional, cold bastard. Don't leave me hanging!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

qbert posted:

I was right. Katana is the new unlock.

its a sweet weapon

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm happy for new content but I am really uneasy about the fact they refuse to announce or confirm season 2.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

Back when Squeenix was reportedly "cancelling" Hitman a lot of people had said Season 2 was in traction or around halfway done in terms of concepts. IOI probably wouldn't have bothered to wrest themselves free with their IP intact if a second season wasn't in the cards.

I agree, I just wish they'd release some sort of confirmation. They use the term "Season One" so it'd sort of imply a continuation, but I'd still like it to be confirmed.

I've been playing this series ever since the first one came out on PC, I wanna see it keep going!

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
The rating system is one of Hitman 2016's biggest flaws in my opinion. For a game that prides itself on being a sandbox, it's rating system is basically pass/fail. Didn't get Silent Assassin? Then you failed.

Blood Money was great for how many different ratings you could get - it was nice when the game acknowledged your clean-up skills by quickly headshotting a couple of nosy guards and hiding them before anybody else found them. It was a simple little addition, but it really encouraged you to keep playing through even if you slipped up a little. In 2016 I notice myself just reloading or restarting if I mess things up.

I'm excited for the new DLC that's coming out though! I'm hoping that this isn't a final cash grab for IO and that S2 is coming out at some point, though. I'm not usually a paranoid guy but you'd think they'd give some sort of assurance that they were making it...

Tumble fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 27, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

khwarezm posted:

I don't really mind, its like the way the old Thief made not killing anyone a big part of higher difficulties.

In both cases you can just ignore it, but the games are stating clearly what's considered skillful play.

yea but it's still better to get people to play through rather than restart immediately after they've been spotted once. i don't think it makes much sense to have an open-ended sandbox murder simulator to be as strictly pass/fail as it is, especially when the Blood Money post-mission mechanics were just so much more fun.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
When you're doing the escalation to get the Striker Pistol (which I'm not all that fond of, it's knock-back looks hokey and low-gravityish which looks out of place for this game. But it's alright)

The "trespassers" aren't just anybody in the room, they're anybody that's been in your room, so use your Hitman powers to spot them because they have a tendency to wander off if you don't get them directly in your room

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

The Kins posted:

Io have confirmed that a "next Hitman game" is in development, but that they aren't saying anything about it until some time next year.

Aw man, I was really hoping we'd start getting Season 2 in 2018 but they're being so purposely obtuse with the wording.

Well at the very least, it confirms IOI is continuing with the franchise.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
uhg i really do hate the new pistol. i was hoping for a loud pistol that could shoot through thin walls and stuff, it being able to shoot through a person isn't all that useful

and along with the new sniper rifle, the knockback looks awful. it makes the ragdolls pop up into their air with awkward physics; i was hoping it would just knock them down with a bit more "oomph" in the direction you shot them, but it's very bizarre now. it looks like the first ragdolls in video games from 15 years ago

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

gtrmp posted:

Having a retail release for the console version was probably a big factor there.

That, and it went down to half-price (or lower) for a long time too. Easier to impulse buy a game that's only $25 bucks or so.

Of course, I bought it a week before that happened, but whatever, I've got like 100+ hours in the game so it's not like I didn't get $60 out of it.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

It is kind of a shame that Silent Assassin is so important for the Elusive Targets, since a guy like The Sensation I almost felt needed to be killed in as public a manner as possible to prevent his presence at the show being covered up. Also why it would be great to have the post-assassination newspapers return.

On the plus side, I actually got to hear what Novikov says when the fireworks go off early for the first time. He's so pissed :xd:

Yea, they really should do a social-media type of thing in the same vein as Blood Money's newspaper. So if you get SA you'd just see a bunch of posts about how so-and-so was accidentally killed by bad fugu or has disappeared entirely, and then give bystander stuff like "this guy came through and shot 6 guards dead in less than a minute, all I saw was a suit and a bunch of dead people".

I get that the game wants SA runs to be the bonafide successes, but I just wish you'd get some feedback or acknowledgement when you do take a more lethal approach. I would play through rather than restart levels if I get spotted if I there anything at the end to keep my interest, but the way it is now you basically fail if you don't get a SA.

Just be like "Well you killed some extra people this time but it was pretty crazy when you killed 5 guards and nobody found their bodies until you were gone."

Also you guys ever wonder how much money 47 is worth? He seems certain to be a millionaire at this point but I'm always kind of curious how many times over. Is he worth like 6 or 7 million or is it in the 20-30 million range by now? Who handles his money for him? I bet it's Deutsche Bank they love dirty money.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 17, 2018

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Pirate Jet posted:

Haha, oops, WB left the logo in their livestream's source code.

The name "Hitman 2" makes me... concerned. I mean, I'm still buying it day one hell yes, but I was really looking forward to using season 1 suits and gadgets in season 2 levels and vice-versa.

If they're calling it "HITMAN 2" it sounds like it's a direct sequel/continuation using the same engine and stuff, since the official name of this current one is just "HITMAN"

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I just really hope they bring both different rankings other than the current "Silent Assassin or you failed and get nothing" stuff.

Blood Money was awesome for that, if you messed up and had to kill a couple of guards you'd get a totally different rank based on whether or not you hid them properly or even if you killed them with headshots or with a knife.

Pilchenstein posted:

I don't really care about gadgets but we'd better get to keep the suits. :sassargh:

I hope they let us keep the gadgets we've unlocked and just add the ability to customize them again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I hope they add wallbangs