Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I feel a bit robbed, made my way upstairs decided to get a guard costume. He walked in on me subduing the guard. so I shot him. That was it... he died and I walked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

My favorite is the 3-part battle axe. It ramps up quickly and there is a significant difference in difficulty in all 3 levels.

Plus you get to bury a battle axe in peoples foreheads and then kick them off of your axe.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Sammus posted:

I followed him to the wine cellar then when 5 or 6 guards were surrounding him at close range I tossed a rubber ducky at his feet and pushed the button. Then I sauntered out and calmly walked to an exit because anyone who could identify me was blown to bits.

As much as I wish this was how it works (i missed the first Elusive, didn't even know they had released them) if they did it your way, people would wait until there were youtube videos of SA runs and then they would just copy them. This way everyone has to do it before all the guides and walk throughs go up.

There are youtube videos up within a few hours. The 48 hour limit is stupid. I will miss out on one or more because I am going to take a vacation this summer. That's lovely.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You definitely get a challenge unlock in Paris for throwing a coin in

There is one in Sapienza too, but it's finicky. I think your coin has to bounce on all the levels of the fountain near the regular starting spot.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Manwithastick posted:

I never understood why we needed to give the lady in sapienza her DNA sample from the safe

It tells her that he has a sample of her DNA so that he can use the virus against her, and his other enemies. He talks about using the virus against Ether and his enemies. Then she gets on the phone with Ether higher ups and starts to plan his accidental death once they are closer to completing the virus.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I am doing these escalations correctly.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

gently caress, how do you get a good position for a firefight? i always end up getting flanked and capped after maybe 2 kills.

I was in the supply closet for much of this. But if you're in a flankable position you have to stay mobile. Get them as they peek around corners and then move again.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

ymgve posted:

What's a good way to get into the general's office? I got some intel about him wanting a dish of food but haven't been able to find the vendor that I can impersonate to get that food

You can dismiss several guards. There is one officer who will stand by his door though. You can drop a weapon, then make him turn with a coin or something. he will take the weapon to a box on the lower level. It's plenty of time to do things in the office.

As far as the food, there is a sleeping waiter out in the streets. I haven't done the details in that though.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I haven't touched new Hitman yet, where do you guys put it on a scale of Absolution(or Contracts) to Blood Money?

It's hella good. Worth the purchase. Much closer to Blood Money than Absolution.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

I just made my way through the sewers knocked out or killed some of the guards and Mario and then just jumped Evil Pope Francis when he was heading down into the catacombs with a knife.

Like I'm probably never going to get SA for these, but I'd had rather just get the kills so I can get something tangible in game like the suits rather than worrying about challenge points that I don't need.

I did the same thing, but knocked them all out instead of killing. got SA for it.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Rookersh posted:

For Suit Only, do you have to start with the Sig Suit, or does it mean "suit you started with."

ie can I start as an AV Tech on Paris, nab the Fireworks remote, go down to the docks to grab a Sniper Rifle, sneak up on the Barge, light them, and then snipe both targets then? Or do I -have- to start with the Sig Suit?

Hell, what happens if I start with the Tux?

The city's default suit plus the Signature and Requiem suits work for suit only. Not the other available starting disguises.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

PhantomZero posted:

I really wish they would bring back the Blood Money modularized sniper rifle and the suitcase to carry it with. It kind of sucks your sniping options are limited to placed you can get an agency drop or else you have to sneak past tons of people.

I guarantee it will be a mastery unlock at some point.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Darkhold posted:

You can restart up until you die or kill the target for the first time.

Can you exit to menu before killing him or dying? or is it limited to restarting the mission?

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Just got SA. There has to be a more elegant way though.

Started as AV tech with enemic poison. Used the fireworks trigger to buy time before he drinks. Took the Auction staff disguise, headed down and used Enemic poison in his Vodka Killed him in the restroom.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I had no problem calling the banker, running to the consulate and calling the general. On the way to the consulate I stabbed the drum. I set it off with my silverballer. I didn't have to do any weird setup., I didn't delay much though either.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

I actually pulled off the SA elusive target- and since I only just installed the game, I did it at zero progression in Marrakesh!

After a couple hours of failed escape tunnel shenanigans, my horrible, agonizing approach was as follows:

1. Get into consulate basement
2. Use coins to get the "I can't get into my car" bodyguard and the keycard-carrying soldier near the supply room, then knock them out/drag them in. The keycard soldier only paths by once, so getting down there in time is important.
3. Go through the tunnel as a soldier to to shoe shop and get 5 additional coins. I needed them.
4. Rinse/repeat for all the other soldiers and bodyguards. Leaving discarded weapons within view of the radio area was an effective way to get them to path by the supply room, in my experience.
5. Once all three bodyguards are taken out, the bodyguard outfit is generally safe in the area.
5. One of the bodyguards can be taken out behind the Humvee using a coin.
6. Once the only remaining soldiers in the area are the pair that periodically walk near the keycard entrance to the embassy, I could safely pull the target away with coins.

I did essentially the same thing. Someone spotted me apparently though. Never got a notification of it. :/

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Turin Turambar posted:

Why would they do that??

Cameras in Sapienza were all buggy. Removing tapes didn't work correctly.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I screwed up, doing recon running around just to find things and I accidentally picked up the Ivory White. That locks you in and you can't restart. I know it said that in the briefing, but I forgot.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

score screen bugged out on me and I didn't get credit except for the kill.

I spent a long time clearing out guards and was never spotted. that's my 3rd robbed SA.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Sugar-free gummy bears are already laced with a slow acting poison that will cause death through bunghole. That's the sugar-free part.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Any jackass can play the top 40 "music" these days. The real art is in having the right look to sell it. 47 shows us the way.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

It doesn't fold, it disassembles easily.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I knocked out the courier and right after I hid his body the General walked in and "saw" me. Didn't call for guards or anything, just saw that I was suspicious. I was able to run away without incident but it was enough that I was spotted. That close to SA.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Friend posted:

SA'd by poisoning the caviar; didn't unlock Terminus, but I DID unlock the Blood Money suit, even though it was only my seventh Elusive Target to kill...

Edit: technically it was my tenth to kill, but seventh to actually complete. I died after killing three of them.

You still killed them, it counts!

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Half of those steam reviews are basically "This is the best hitman game ever, but it's always online" - not recommended.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Beautiful.

There should be challenges like this.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I'm cleaning up any challenges that I had left undone. I just did Wickerman in Colorado, it is one of the best things ever.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Mystic Stylez posted:

How exactly do you achieve Silent Assassin? Because I just did a SA/SO run, I guess, but didn't get the challenge listed as done. Was it because I left the target's body out of a container (but it was never found before I finished the mission)? I can't think of anything else. You can knock people unconscious, right?
If you knock someone out after they see you doing something bad it will still count against you. So even knockouts have to be unseen.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

That was frustrating, A waiter who shouldn't have been able to see me through the floor saw me when I stuck the critic with a needle.

Pulling the fire alarm will cause his guard to leave him alone. while everyone is panicking.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Kolnikov posted:

Lovely puzzle goodness. Brb, testing a theory...

[Edit] I'm guessing PC contracts and PS4 contracts aren't shared, which is a bummer.

[Edit edit] Had a go anyway in contracts mode - my theory that you could wake him up with the radio in his bathroom sucked rear end and I am defeated.

Don't feel bad, he didn't even do SA on his contract.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

How did he get never spotted when he hit the guy in the Barn with the iron? He was compromised by that guy.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

WindyMan posted:

microtransactions

This is how you get downvoted.

It would be funny to see the tears of people complaining that they lost their pajamas with gloves suit locked behind a pay system. There would be no end of fanboy drama to read. In every other aspect this is the worst idea.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

WindyMan posted:

I think you may not be understanding what I was pitching. I need to reiterate this again, in bold: I am not proposing people pay to do a new elusive target. If my system was implemented, the exact same system that is in effect now, where your one shot to complete the elusive target, would remain. Got it?

I'm simply saying that if IO is really, really committed to never bringing back elusive targets for replay, this would be a model that might get them to change their mind. We keep the system we have, they get money from people that want to go beyond that system.

I understood completely. You get a free chance, but if you fail you have to pay to try again. That is an EA level of stupid idea and has no place in a retail game.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

How is that any different from Season 3's air strikes?

Airstrikes are only accident kills if your target is in a school house.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Azuth0667 posted:

Is the always online DRM for 2016 as lovely as the ubisoft always online DRMs usually are?

I used to rage against the DRM machine, but I've got 358 hours in Hitman and have had litterally one issue, and it was early on when Sapienza was brand new. I can't speak for Ubisoft though.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I never remembered to save when there are unlimited, no big deal to me.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Absolution is definitely worth $5.00. But don't expect the true hitman experience. There are some questionable decisions that the developers took, and you can read pages of rants if you want. If you're ok with a grindhouse sexploitation vibe in the backdrop, you'll be ok, if that turns you off support a different kind of art.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

double nine posted:

hope is a lie

Rebellion is built on hope.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

The graphic novel and/or furry convention, with all the disguises that would entail, is top of my wishlist.

I would never get SA because I'd kill everyone on every play-through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I think judging an 11 year old game by today's standards is silly.