Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
Contracts mode was the best idea put into the least-suited Hitman game. It actually has a ton of potential in this game if they're building the levels like they say they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

MinibarMatchman posted:

for me, the humor comes from dropping and picking my coin back up over and over in front of police officers, pissing them off.

Coins are back?!

Does the game still have Absolution-style improvised weapons / throwables everywhere?

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
Does this game have a map?

I'm appreciating Absolution a lot more on my second stab at it, but the way Instinct is implemented is still awful. It's central to disguises and navigation (NO MAP WTF), but the usage is restricted by difficulty. I'm not sure who thought this was a good idea

Moartoast posted:

Eh, I get the appeal but it's just not my kind of black comedy, I like the villains being morally bankrupt scumbags, not so much the exploitative camera angles and "oh and they're even more villainous because they are <insert scaaaaary minority here>" and whatnot. Also Absolution had the Watch Dogs problem of not knowing whether its protagonist is a hosed up noir villain that you're supposed to think is an awful person or a super cool brooding anti hero that you're supposed to think is cool and good and ICONIC TIE.

Not to mention how little faith I have in IOI's writing being in... well, good faith, since the abomination that was Kane and Lynch 2, but that's different topic, and the less I remind myself of it, the better.

According to IMDB, Absolution had like a dozen writers, and it really shows. You have a ton of weird thematic conflicts, and 47's character is all over the place. In the prologue, 47 has no problem putting a bullet in Diana, but then he immediately goes rogue and takes on her mission of protecting Victoria.

Tonally, the game is constantly swerving back and forth between "campy action movie" and "maybe you should consider the broader impact of violence. hey, you don't want this girl to turn into you, right? hmmm."

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
I know they said they were "one time only", but do you guys think they'll rotate through the Elusive Targets again when the season is over? I just got the game yesterday, missed so many :(