Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

That sounds pretty handy with the Sheikh there, I grabbed the Helmut disguise and while it's a free pass to the whole map I can't get an "in" with Dahlia, she just kinda wanders around to some set locations and doesn't offer me any openings to take her out.

If you trail Helmut into that outside area, he will call Dahlia to arrange a meeting (I think it's the second phone call he makes). If you kill/incapacitate him, you need to pick up his phone and call her back with it to get details on the actual meeting location. After doing a run on the catwalk, you'll be summoned to a private room with her upstairs where she will explain Helmut's mission to you. I garroted her and dumped her in the closet in that room after she was done talking to me and was getting up to leave. I don't remember if she led me into the adjacent room from the big meeting room, but I may have gone in first and then she followed me. Afterwards, I just walked out and left and then a few minutes later the loving servers kicked me, so I don't know if I even got the accomplishment.

Going to run some errands, take the weekend car out for a spin, pick up a six-pack, and then claim the TV as mine for the rest of the day/evening while I drink beer, kill people, and hope that the servers don't poo poo the bed on me while I'm trying to accomplish those goals.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Saladman posted:

I don't find the game loading times that bad, at least on the Bone — it's about a minute and a half to load Paris the first time, but then loading saves once I'm already on the level takes about 30-40 seconds. Not great, but it's not that annoying either. What's it like on the PS4?

What is annoying is that the menus are insanely slow to navigate, which I don't understand. Like going through the challenges, just scrolling through them, probably takes 20 seconds.

Same deal on PS4, basically.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Came back to playing this game after playing The Division non-stop for a month or so, now taking a break due to its well-documented issues, and just downloaded and played Sapienza for the first time yesterday.

Having bought the whole package upfront because I'm lazy, I was hoping that this scheduled release setup wouldn't disappoint. Have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the size and scope of this level. The amount of options available is pretty freaking cool. I hope that they continue the other levels in the same way, hopefully, in equal or even grander scale.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

The dialogue in this game is fantastic. It's not too over-the-top goofy or blue in it's humor, but enough so that the characters seem like extras in a Harold Ramis script.

I was doing the "Himmapan Horror" set and after I axed someone and stood by, the employee ran to security and said "Hey, Ive got a stiff one...I mean, I found a body!"

It is the perfect amount of "Evil Dead"-style camp in its dialogue, and it's amazing how much thought they put into it. That video of the bad choke-out lines is ridiculously hilarious. I also love the way that every security guard that feels that they are above your station in life talks down to you like an rear end in a top hat, but is overly courteous if they need to let you pass.

Here is some more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eVZXyCQNl4 - "Jesus, it's just ice cream! Pick Vanilla!"

Also, props for them for being topical enough to do a tongue-in-cheek rip on Donald Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g58jgenfwzI

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 10, 2016

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Eggnogium posted:

Unrelated but the Sapienza sniper pack is a bit of a snoozer. Super generic objectives.

Yeah, agreed.

Himmapan Horror was much more of a challenge, especially since you couldn't be noticed, even by your victims.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

frenton posted:

Their last names literally translate to "Wet" and "Bandit"

"Gonif" is the word for "thief" (or it can mean a person who's not trustworthy) in Yiddish, making it even funnier in the Xmas context.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

If I'm gonna go for getting my mastery rank up in a few levels, which are the ones that give the best rewards?

Outside of his standard gear, and what I can pick up on a random level, the only things I use regularly from the stash are the lockpick/security card hack, poison syringes, poison vials, and the remote rubber duck.

For the sniper challenge, you need the Jager Lancer to get the two-for-one shot kill. The pistol that won't get noticed when you're frisked might come in handy.

Can't think of anything else that's essential, outside of the lockpick. It all depends on your play style. I like to use what I find in the environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

11 hours?? :psyduck:

I don't even know how "no bodies discovered" is possible with that much carnage, there's not nearly enough hiding spots.

Yeah, that's madness.

I totally cleared all people on Bangkok, and it took me a little under 2 1/2 hours. The bitch is at the end, trying to find those last NPCs who ran away and are hiding.

Best way to find them was running around the map/hotel, occasionally popping rounds off from an unsuppressed pistol and seeing if anyone changes cover/runs.