Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The best part about doing that is despite the fact that it's in front of dozens of people who are watching you very intently it's still a Silent Assassin kill...

Because it was a death match, as far as the audience was concerned someone was supposed to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't think GMG has sent out any actual game keys, only beta keys.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Puella posted:

What do you mean? Did you VPN it?

It's out on consoles.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Is anyone else getting a graphical bug in Showstopper where some of the specular lighting on floors and walls is purple for some reason? Also some framerate hitching. Should I switch from DX12 to 11?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Moartoast posted:

At most, they'll eventually release the first two training missions (i.e, stuff from the beta) as a demo, which I'd actually be pretty okay with.

The game already supports that, the Paris level is for some reason counted as DLC and it wasn't included in the initial pre-load. So people who pre-loaded the game and played it before the Paris 'DLC' downloaded were able to play the tutorial levels before they were told to buy Paris.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Is there a decent way to get rid of Dahlia's bodyguard? I want to do the challenge where you snap her neck when she's fixing the laptop but he stands there looking at her the whole time.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

Probably last question: How can you actually use the auction invitation you find in the bathroom? It doesn't seem like it lets you go upstairs...

You can't just walk backstage to get to the stairs, you need to go outside to the party on the east side of the mansion and walk to the back where there a second guarded entrance where you show the invitation.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

nickmeister posted:

Is there a way to look at a large map in game? Only using the minimap is a pain.

It's one of the tabs in the pause menu

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Apparently it's being announced next week.

"IO news update posted:

The unfortunate news is that we’re pushing out the Elusive Targets until closer to the planned release of the next episode, Sapienza in April, but you’ll get two Escalation Contracts coming each week until the release of Sapienza and between these and the new challenges, you will be entertained for quite some time. Next week, you’ll know exactly when Sapienza will arrive. Stay tuned for that.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't know if Europe has better servers or something, but I've never had any server trouble other than during launch when it was getting really hammered.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I was afraid that your unlocks from Paris would get locked-up again for later missions, I'm so glad that isn't the case.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

wyoak posted:

Kind of but she takes her sweet rear end time getting down to the lab after you destroy the virus. That said, anyone figured out how to drop a stalactite on her? I tried shooting the one that's over the lab when she was in there but it didn't hit her.

I shoot the one that's over the entrance to the lab connected to the decon chamber just as she's going in.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I didn't manage anything spectacular, just sniped him from the clock tower while he was in front of the house. Did have a close call trying to get out, I didn't move fast enough on the way down and almost ran into the guards running up to investigate. Managed to duck into that weird unused office and get out of an alternate exit.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

dublish posted:

I can't get into the school without the game crashing. It's really frustrating and a quick google makes it seem like I'm the only one having issues with this.

I was having that problem, dropping the game into DX11 from DX12 fixed it for me.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I was going to drop the bell on him, but I got impatient waiting for he to get into position. Eventually saw him go into the basement and just stuck a remote bomb next to the door and waited for him to come back out.

Did end up killing some guards while infiltrating the church, surprised the small firefight didn't make them evacuate the target.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Looks like we have another Elusive Target tomorrow too.

quote:

To keep you ahead of the game, we want to make sure you know what to expect next week, as there’s a lot happening in-game and we don’t want you to miss it. There’s also the chaos and excitement of E3, so a heads-up before all of that will make sure you are ready for Elusive Target #4 – The Sensation.

The Sensation will be in Paris for 53 hours – throughout the official opening hours of E3 2016.

As soon as the E3 doors officially swing open, on Tuesday 14th June at 12pm LA time, the in-game hub will update and you’ll be able to take on Elusive Target #4. As you will see for yourselves, Elusive Targets change the locations, introduce new stories, new gameplay and challenge you to come up with new strategies. As well as ET #4, we’ll have two new Featured Contracts added to the game, one each for Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Plus, we’ll have another new Escalation Contract available on Thursday.

Halfway down the page

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The new Elusive Target is up. Back in Paris this time.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I waited around for so long waiting for him to drink so I knew which glass to poison, guess that explains why he never drank. I ended up just shooting him and running like hell to the exit before word spread about me. Probably the least stealthy assassination I've ever done.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

In case anyone was wondering about there being seven episodes but only six locations announced, there is no unannounced seventh location. Next month's Summer Bonus Episode counts as one of the seven episodes.

One of the guys from IO was on Giant Bomb's E3 evening show last night and confirmed that the bonus episode is one of the seven (2:30:00 in this video).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

One of the guys from IO called the game 'season one' in an interview at E3, so it seems likely that they're planning to do more if the game is successful enough.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I failed to do anything stylish and just followed them until they went into the shop by the escape car, killed the target and immediately hopped into the car before the bodyguards could open fire.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

It's hilarious though that in the end, the tactic of throwing scissors then just walking right out worked.

That's actually exactly how I ended up doing it too

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Tippis posted:

Didn't they say that the last episode would be a revisit to an earlier location — something like 7 episodes over 6 maps

Episode 7 was the Summer Bonus Episode, though apparently we'll be getting a third re-mixed mission at some point.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ha, I managed to stumble into a five star Silent Assassin ranking on my first try. Killing Soders by destroying his replacement heart without ever even seeing him was a really cool kill.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Have to say that I'm getting sick of Paris, I'm pretty sure that the majority of the ETs have been on that map. At least each map having it's own unlockable suit shows that there should be plenty more ETs and at least one on each map.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh poo poo, the new location specific suits you unlock from ETs aren't locked to their respective maps like the default suits, it's letting me use the Tux with gloves on other maps. That's awesome.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

In other news, HITMAN topped Giant Bomb's Game of the Year list. I haven't listened to the deliberations yet but I imagine it was a pretty tough fight against DOOM.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I don't understand the hype behind doom. It's a FPS game that could have been released any time within the past decade and the mechanics and game play are pretty weak compared to almost any other major title this year.

Is it just blind nostalgia or am I missing something by not owning the game and watching friends play it, because it looks pretty boring. Especially when compared to a complex sandbox game like hitman.

It's really good and nobody had any expectations for it. Id had spent years making a Call of Duty clone with demons before cancelling it and restarting, then all the footage of it looked like poo poo, the multiplayer beta was garbage and no review copies were sent out.

Everyone thought it was going to be crap then it turned out to be one of the best singleplayer campaigns in years. The multi was still poo poo though.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I feel I was robbed on this one.

I set off the fire alarm to get rid of the guards and jabbed him with the syringe as soon as the coast was clear but a waiter on the other end of the restaurant saw me through a wall and the guards started shooting before I could make it to an exit.

Should have prepped the Tuktuk rather than running for the boat

Veotax
May 16, 2006

This Blood Money AGDQ run is pretty great.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

drat it, I lost Silent Assassin right at the last minute.

Had no problem hitting him with an emetic syringe and then poisoning his water, grabbed the files but then I remembered I needed to erase to security footage. Distracted the guard with the vacuum cleaner but I took a wrong turn and ran back into him after erasing the footage and was spotted.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Samopsa posted:

Poisoning him isn't an accident so you failed the contract anyway.

Poison is an accident. I didn't fail, I just didn't get SA.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Complete accident, suit only too. I was going for Sniper Assassin and he was spending ages talking to someone in the office in the town square. I couldn't get a shot and I was just going to wait for him to move but then I noticed he was standing under the chandelier. I actually got tagged by a camera on my way to the extract, had to risk sneaking into the building and hope the camera hub was in the same spot. Still was, still unattended.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Huh, I was looking at the back of the box release in my local Game today and Colorado isn't on the disc. It's a free download if you get the disc, I guess they couldn't get the whole game on the disc for some reason, but why choose episode five of six to be the downloaded one?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Maybe they eventually will when they run out of them but it seems like they've got plenty lined-up for now.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Whelp. At least I got the Winter Coat with this ET, no idea if support for the game is going to continue if IO and Square have parted ways.

Hope they introduce a real off line mode.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

qbert posted:

What things are inaccessible in offline mode, besides leaderboards and contracts? I never played offline but if everything else is still there at least I can dick around.

Edit: I looked it up and most poo poo is unavailable offline except the basic missions and starting gear. In this case I hope I/O at least pushes out a patch that makes challenges, escalations, and unlocked poo poo available offline before the servers get shut off.

Actually they updated offline mode a while back, you can now use whatever you've unlocked offline. You just can't unlock new stuff or do challenges and stuff.

If they're going to take the servers down I'd hope they would put out a patch that gives the game as much functionality offline as possible.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Elusive Targets are neat, but I really don't think they'd stand-up very well if they were repeatable. They are at most a new unique NPC (or two on occasion) and a few extra guards tied to them with a modicum of extra scripting.

The only thing that makes them stand out is the limited time that they're available and only having one chance at doing it (ignoring being able to restart the mission if you haven't killed them or been killed yourself).

Veotax
May 16, 2006

There are three versions of Sapienza and two versions of Marrakesh, the alternate versions come from the seventh 'bonus' episode which didn't include a new map but instead three alternate versions of existing maps (little odd that two of those maps are Sapienza)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Drunken Baker posted:

I uninstalled the game a while ago because it takes up so much room on the Xbox. I was originally thinking of buying the physical copy thinking that (maybe? Dunno how) it'd take up less room and probably install quicker than downloading...

Dude, both the Xbox One and PS4 install the entire game to the HDD when you put in a disc. It doesn't matter if you buy a game digitally or physically theses days, it's going to take up a ton of space no matter what. The only real difference between the two is whether or not the console will ask you to put in a disc when you start a game.