Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I want to mention the Mardi Gras mission for having so many brainless NPCs on screen at once.

blackguy32 posted:

Maybe, but Contracts was still linear as hell and even has a mission that has no assassination target. I think Blood Money has kind of blinded a lot of people into thinking that it was what the series has been about all along, but a look at the past games shows that is not the case at all. It has always had its wide open levels mixed with linear levels.

The only times that the disguise systems haven't been absolute dogshit is Hitman 1 and Hitman Blood Money. Hitman 2 would easily bug out on you and the same went for Contracts at times. At least in Hitman 1, they never got suspicious as long as you weren't armed when your role called for it and didn't wander into the wrong area.
Yes. I could never go back to the first three games, because of said disguises being worthless and the bad bugs in missions. Contracts would have been an awesome improvement for the franchise, except the disguises failed so often and levels decided to game over for reasons I still don't understand. The nuclear bomb disarming mission involved me wearing what I think was a SWAT uniform and after getting instantly discovered several times, made it with the team to the end of the mission, and I pulled out the M-4 to better fit in with the group. The sight of a dozen friendlies shooting me and the nuke going off a second later, should have been reason enough to give up on Contracts.
The last mission had me sneak in the open and getting random game overs for not going in front or behind the next group of people correctly. It was a confusing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

BillBear posted:

He may have been in the mafia but from what I can remember the guy was trying to turn his life around and he started that by ratting out the mafia. Okay, not "completely" innocent but it's certainly someone who doesn't deserve to get killed and is pretty much a saint compared to the scum in the rest of the game minus the first guy.

I hope this new game adds more grey, BM's ending made it clear 47 is irredeemable scum but they seem scared at times to let him kill some not-so bad people.

Talking about the ending, the reporter is certainly 100% innocent, always felt sorry for him at the end.
47 is a contract killer. He is a bad guy from the start.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

A mine in the crowd is probably gif-worthy.
It is hilarious. Certainly on par with detonating a grenade at the glass bottles store in Payday 2.