Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nah it's to hook up to a adfanced mannquin. apparently i can do wifi but id have to do ad hoc and go dknows how anything works on a mac. ill be running windows 8 on the mac lap air anyway

gently caress i hope it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

actually windows works great and has the best software library and drivers. everything works, and works better on Windows. CJs that CJ themselves into oblivion notwithstanding.

i have strong reservations about your judgement. unless, of course, you're doing "trolling"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

i had a similar issue. basically both my Mac and iPhone decided to unauthorized iCloud Keychain at once, and since neither were authorized, neither could be used to authorize the other.

thankfully, the passwords are still there on the Mac, so it can be fixed.

i did a bunch of random crap, but i'm not sure anything i did actually fixed it and hitting "reset keychain" may have just worked without really resetting the keychain.

anyway take a breather, everything works. it sucks but it's not as bad as using windows everyday trust me.

but yeah timb needs to fix it.

yeah everything's back to normal now i think, except my airport password was stored in the lost keychain so i recently had to hard reset the airport because i didnt have admin access to it anymore.

i thought that was gonna be a pain in the rear end though because it was annoying setting up airport to use PPoE initially, but i was able to just "restore previous airport settings" and reset the password no prob. at least tim made that part easy on me.

still though, i'm never using my appleid to login to my machine EVER AGAIN.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
why the gently caress would you enable that? Like does it do something special? I'm p. sure I have all my keychains and poo poo sync without any of that garbo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

hey i might need to use a usb to ethernet dongle on my mac laptop, will any suffice or will I need an aplpe one? or is apple on ehtr eonly optn

this works right out of the box http://plugable.com/products/usb2-e1000

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks.. although i might need to go out and buy one today so will be stuck getting what I find. :/

PleasureKevin posted:

i have strong reservations about your judgement. unless, of course, you're doing "trolling"

i have signifincatly less success with getting thigs to work on osx, whereas on windows I can almost always find a fast solution

STILL can't get wifi access to my printer on osx reliable and hae to go plug that poo poo in everytime, where as windows has no problem

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Millstone posted:

NEVER USE ... MAC

but seriously lol at storing anything remotely important on the clod

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the cloud is not a cloud

it's just someone else's compuer

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i have signifincatly less success with getting thigs to work on osx, whereas on windows I can almost always find a fast solution

if you have created a mental map of what setting is in what control panel, then god bless you

echinopsis posted:

STILL can't get wifi access to my printer on osx reliable and hae to go plug that poo poo in everytime, where as windows has no problem

i would imagine it's an old printer? look for the "made for iPhone" or "AirPrint" logo when you get a printer. I got one for under $100 canadian earth dollars. i think the majority have this now. but check to be sure.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Last Chance posted:

yeah everything's back to normal now i think, except my airport password was stored in the lost keychain so i recently had to hard reset the airport because i didnt have admin access to it anymore.

i thought that was gonna be a pain in the rear end though because it was annoying setting up airport to use PPoE initially, but i was able to just "restore previous airport settings" and reset the password no prob. at least tim made that part easy on me.

still though, i'm never using my appleid to login to my machine EVER AGAIN.

i think this is a slightly different problem that i had. apple signed me out for security reasons. that's actually pretty cool that they could detect (falsely) a security breach and lock me out of my laptop. i think i reset my password with my phone and kept on trucking with no problem.

if i'm ever murdered i can RIP knowing no one will find my hentai.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

i would imagine it's an old printer? look for the "made for iPhone" or "AirPrint" logo

"buy a new one", the answer to all apple problems

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
1password/Dropbox supremacy.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

PleasureKevin posted:

if you have created a mental map of what setting is in what control panel, then god bless you

on the other hand os x made me elevate 3 separate times to switch my boot partition starting with el capitan

or how many elevates it takes to change wifi settings since it shares wifi AP lists over icloud so I have to janitor saved networks across os x and ios so the ios device won't literally murder its own network stack

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

broken clock opsec posted:

on the other hand os x made me elevate 3 separate times to switch my boot partition starting with el capitan

besides the clicking the lock to make changes on the startup disk preference pane, when does it prompt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

carry on then posted:

besides the clicking the lock to make changes on the startup disk preference pane, when does it prompt

When I switch partitions, and then again for good measure

• Locked thread