Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DemeaninDemon posted:

Dumb engineers.

Heard one wanted to heat-stress test their doodad and asked to stick it in the ICP-OES torch. Like it was a Bunsen burner or something. Thing's around the temperature of the surface of the sun. It's one purpose in life is to obliterate any matter it touches. No we do not want your poo poo all over the icp chamber.

What does it do to bone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Alien Arcana posted:

The same thing it does to everything else, I would imagine

How about teeth/fillings

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

excellent there's no way anybody's going to be able to check a dental record with that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bokito posted:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d42_1457122214

Dude gets pulled into running printing press. In China, of course.

his hat was the only survivor

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

guys i might be wrong here but i don't think the chinese woman starved to death, she died of thirst within a week

anyway time to go sperg in my dreams happy sunday everybody

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Everyone leaves the cities and goes back to their hometowns.

do u think any chinese born in city

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

calvus posted:

Is that real? Why don't more people do that?

You can no longer fit a second golf bag in the plane

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

I'm the drunk guy bouncing excitedly as the roof collapses.

lol if this isn't your automatic reaction to watching a sickass tragedy unfold

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ddiddles posted:

Our photographer met him, and said he was an incredible douche. He walked up to our booth, asked for about $10,000 worth of free poo poo, and then just silently left when we told him no.

doesn't seem that douchey as far as things go imo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

Did you just suggest the idea of a basilisk originated in a Harry Potter book?

No I think he's using it as a popular example

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sounds like that dog was pretty stupid too m8s

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

Remember those painters in China pushing the scaffold?

It happened again with a boom truck trying to move a sign.

Warning :nws: :nms: http://youtu.be/o2nPTghbvyk

If they did survive they probably had very serious and debilitating injuries (electrical burns).

sweet vaporwave soundtrack

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BernieLomax posted:

Found other sources where it is clear the person on the back is not the operator. People return in order to try opening the cabin in what looks like a failed rescue operation. Couldn't find any good sources, but it really looks like a fatal accident.

Did you meet with Deep Throat in the parking garage motherfucker? Who are these sources

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

dietcokefiend posted:

This led me to the fantastic video of someone dropping a perfectly good massive tree directly in the spot you may not want it to go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvyDZ8n8FLM

Poor tree.

lmao at the guy casually scratching his head and putting his hands on his hips after annihilating the home

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

wow that's some hosed up gore mate what is this ogrish

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

counterweight quickly damped the motion, i see nothing wrong

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elsa posted:

what, you've never used a toilet sidesaddle?

only when pukin in the shower

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It turns out that some people weren't aware that the signs at Safari parks that say "Keep doors and windows locked at all times, do not exit your vehicle for any reason" weren't just for show

http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...3abadaf4193c396

The article has stills from the security video, the full video is on youtube (:nms: even though you just see the tiger grab the woman and immediately drag her out of frame) and you can see a jeep full of park rangers dash across the road towards the tiger attack pretty much immediately. I'm guessing they saw the woman get out of her car and knew what was gonna happen, that had to be a lovely day at work.

take my wife, please!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KIDS DIE

KIDS DIE

DEATH COMES FOR US ALL

ESPECIALLY KIDS

avoid reading this mother fuckers just try it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shady Amish Terror posted:

I am oddly fond of this short horror film version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM

this is an extremely good video series

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

My work has a mildly onerous password policy. Nothing too crazy, but I liked how when it went into effect the olds that work there acted like the world was coming to and end. Our intranet site lets people comment on the news bulletins posted there, usually any particular time might get one comment at best, maybe two. The news bulletin about the password requirements had dozens upon dozens of posts from olds pulling their hair out and gnashing their teeth about it. "There's only so many hours in the day, how can we possibly be tasked with remembering a password with UPPERCASE AND LOWERCASE LETTERS?!?!?! MADNESS!" or "People will quit over this! This is just upper management adding one more task to our day! I won't participate!"

One women in my department was brought to tears just from hearing about what was going to be required. She hadn't even tried to create the newer stronger password yet, or even forgot it, just hearing about it was enough to send her into hysterics. It doesn't help that we have an automated password reset system in place in case you forget it, but again, no one over the age of about 47 will ever use it because "What am I, made of time or something?! That'll take forever. And look, it makes you click on a window! Pfft, gently caress that."

Uh did you ask the person literally sobbing over a password policy if everything was ok at home

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

wdarkk posted:

I'd be very surprised if other things with autocorrect didn't have similar problems. The way autocorrect works and the way medicine naming works are inevitably going to gently caress things up.

I’ve been using an iPhone for years and I still get tripped up sometimes when it automatically accepts a correction.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

Parts of Australia just seem like they have invisible gates that change the difficulty slider for life from normal to nightmare difficulty.

"Got lost and died of exposure" seems pretty tame as far as Australian death scenarios go.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MC Escher's apartment?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

You can afford that car, but not the means or good sense to properly get a stack of wood home :psyduck:

I saw a brand new 2017 Corvette with completely bald sport tires on a 20F day.

Lots of people with fancy cars that ain't got no sense

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RIP in piss Ford Flex

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Pro level YouTube comment:

"In Soviet Russia, mic drops you."

Only one of these jokes I’ve seen in years that actually worked

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

his dick got parasites.

Is this better or worse than just loving a hole in the fish

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Blast of Confetti posted:

it was illegals

i'm with that guy a few pages back who blamed disruptive university libs

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Depending on the state it is the driver's obligation to stop or yield to a pedestrian in a marked crosswalk. Growing up crossing streets in Illinois and I don't even think twice about it. Bad habit obviously but a legally binding one in many places

My university was full of pedestrians who would deal with traffic by stepping out into the middle of the crosswalk and forcing the oncoming cars to slow down and stop, instead of waiting for a light change.

I think the saying goes: "Graveyards are full of people who were in the right."

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Crocoswine posted:

It's really weird that people are trying to lay blame on the lady who got murdered as opposed to the car/back-up driver who hit and murdered her.

I'm picking sides early in the robot war

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I back off like half a mile just when I see someone dip into the rumble strip for half a second.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tsa posted:

or perhaps you don't ahve a single loving clue what you are talking about (it's this)

He doesn't. The DoD IG audits SpaceX at a pretty deep level and DCMA places personnel in its factory. They do the same for ULA.

http://spacenews.com/military-launch-quality-issues-flagged-by-dod-watchdog/

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 10, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You’re supposed to yell all the way through the tunnel

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

SAT scores declined over the same period, so less violent people are dumber, I guess.

and computer sales went up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did...did they expect the cable to be completely rigid and straight between the two points?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Definitely getting drunk and pissing "down the shaft" from the doorway

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I have a guilty habit of not making way for people who don't pay attention to the fact that they're in a turn-only lane when they want to go straight

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Scott Forstall posted:

hey folks, long time fan and lurker.

I could use some examples of expensive fuckups of the kind ripe for this group, for my work. Any favorites?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763899&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

A large part of the entire medical field is built upon the suffering of SOMEONE.
poo poo is all theoretical until you get a chance to actually test poo poo out, and how often do you get a chance for this?

It is cruel, inhumane, and horrifying, and absolutely 100% necessary.

Yeah that’s basically the argument people used to defend Nazi and Japanese human experiments in WW2