Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Cumslut1895 posted:

it'd require:
-A voltage regulator outputting the cut-off voltage
-a comparator/transistor/opamp
-a relay/power switch
-a separate non-vital line

all on a pcb, if automotive current allows that

I don't even need any reference material to design something to prevent this...

edit: and I'm sure there's a more elegant/efficient way to design this

gm allowed the death of dozens of people because a replacement part would cost a dollar per vehicle. this would cost a bit more and only help retards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

They should be under fume hoods for soldering. Lady in the green shirt is terribly under-dressed for the job.
I don't see ground planes and/or wrist straps.

5/10

Edit:

lol how did I miss that.

2/20

i used to hotbox a room wih a couple guys soldering for hours on end with no ventilation and a broken ac in a tiny room th e middle of a kids ride called boo blasters listening to the spooky music and screams of kids through the wall. i would emerge from it and a crowd of 100 ppl and kkids would stare at me stumble across the 600v tracks with my tool kit and wink at wendy at the exit. i wouldnt wink if it was anyone else the rest werent sexy.

what i think imm saying is the danger of solder is overrated.

now that i think about it i havent shot ropes as strong since befor i worked there. wtf

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Mar 8, 2016

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i worked with a tiny chinese man like 5' he would crawl inside animatronic dinosaurs for hours at a time and come out covered in raccoon poo poo and high as gently caress on chemicals, he wore the cutest onesie it looked like pajamas. he was always so happy probably made bank here. my job was to stand around and look official and smoke a cig with him between dinos and fetch different size ladders. once he cut a hole at the rear end of the really big dino (triceratops?) and an hour later poked his head out and smoked a cig in plain view of a bunch of european tourists. we all had a hoot

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i called him mr. chan for the whole week he was there because my manager called him that. he would just smile and nod. in fact that's all he ever did. smile and nod and occasionally say yes while smiling and nodding. sometimes he would crack joeks in mandarin and slap me on the back and smile and nod faster. turns out his name wasn't even close to mr. chan. he never cared. i miss mr. chan i wonder what he is doing now

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Mithaldu posted:

Let's hope he's smoking a cigarette in a dinosaur.

He might be dying of cancer

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

my job is cool because im not in any real danger but the customers who drive under me are. except if i fell off right before a truck comes through id probably get poned

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 13, 2016

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

are those insulated stairs? oh i guess so you dont hear clack clak clak when a hot girl comes over and walks up and down your stairs. cool

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

Saw a lady walk under a picker ucket today. The lady was like "can I walk under that" and the guy said "yea sure, cmon" as he drilled something into the wall of the building right over her head.

i used to do this ll the time at my old job. worst thing i ever did was plonk some kid in the head with a speaker grille

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

Via Reddit: "Previous shift operator lost the fuel cap. This is what I was instructed to do:"

at my old job if we lost the cap we would tape a nitrile glove on it so it would inflate with gas and look funny