Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Name sounds like a buttplug, looks like a buttplug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Me too, that was their first full-color edition, right?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That's a grade A+ fencing response. Ouch.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Rolling, rolling on the river.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Booourns posted:

The Japanese really knew their safety stuff back then

To this day I still avoid the skid demon and give timely tootels.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Nah, he was fine. I saw him in Prison Break just a decade ago!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

What exactly was the plan here?

He wanted to ghost ride the whip, duh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvlGVNInw4

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

johnnyratbastard posted:

Hope this isn't a repost, and hope this is OSHA enough, but man fights with excavator? Seems fine right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z76TVxDfRgM

I fought the claw and the law won.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37103668

quote:

Three people, including two children, have died after their throats were slit by glass-coated strings used for flying kites on India's Independence Day.

Saanchi Goyal, 3, and Harry, 4, were looking out through the sunroof of their cars in different parts of Delhi when sharp strings slit their throats. Zafar Khan, 22, died in the same manner when he was riding his motorbike. Glass-coated strings are used to bring down competitors' kites, but they also end up injuring and killing people. Many Indians fly kites to celebrate festivals and important occasions like the Independence Day, which is celebrated on 15 August. But every year, there are reports of people dying or getting wounded from the kite strings - locally known as manja - treated with powdered glass or metal to sharpen them.

My kite will gently caress your kite up... and your family members :shepface:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I actually watched a documentary on crash test dummies* last night and it is weeks of preparation for a 15 second crash which they analyze for weeks afterwards. I'm not sure if it's a great spectator event. You probably end up standing quite a distance away from the crash as a safety measure since you've got debris flying everywhere.

*not the ones that mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It looks a lot scarier without all the water... but then I realized the water makes dying like that even worse.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

verbal enema posted:

I looked through several pages anyone have the gif or whatever of the kid doing a flip out a cargo net and just disappearing into the abyss

Was it posted in this thread, because then I can go through my post history.
Edit: Nope, must have been posted in the Schadenfreude thread.
Edit2: Yup.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 26, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That Dang Lizard posted:

I guess you could say he made a bad move.

He only knew knight moves, it's not surprising he couldn't pull off a straight jump.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

Please work out.

Personally I would recommended a lard-based diet as contingency plan.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Then why's it called Deutschland?!

I don't know, you should ask the Pennsylvania Dutch about that one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Jokes on you, purge flushes the toilet and activates the bidet.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Sammus posted:

That list of film and television accidents page is the stuff of nightmares.

The IMDB trivia segment on that one makes it even better worse.

quote:

Stunt player Harry O'Connor was killed when he hit a pillar of the Palacky Bridge in Prague, para-sailing during one of the actions scenes. The accident occured while filming the second take of the stunt; O'Connor's first attempt was completed without incident and can be seen in the completed film.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 22, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That tree's personal soundtrack is Linkin Park - One Step Closer.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

nm posted:

This dude gets fired, rightfully, in any decent police department in the world. Holy loving poo poo.
Nothing that guy did, even murder, justifies popping off a bunch of rounds, at speed, from a handgun, at a moving target in a neighborhood with people out of the street.
Holy loving poo poo.

Forget it Jake, it's Cape Town.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

`Nemesis posted:

what the gently caress is this garbage

It's a meme. At least, I don't think Girls Generation has much combat experience.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

RatHat posted:

What does a doctor even do about this?

Feed them lots of Baby Ruths on a daily basis?

Powershift posted:

They throw their hands up and say "well, the time and effort it will take to save this moron could cost the lives of more valuable people." and walk away.

aaaaaaaah just kidding.

:eyepop:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

panascope posted:

Take a peek at this beauty, part of the roof structure of the Mercedes-Benz stadium in Atlanta:

Was this inspired by someone with children who keep random Lego pieces laying around?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

When asked why this flight took place, one of the passengers responded:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It has not been a goodyear for the OSHA tread.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

if only russia had some sort of recent history of building structures for major sporting events from which we could extrapolate

We should have a meeting about this in the toilet room.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Did I just watch someone fry?!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

Stabilized link thanks to 'ibru' on Reddit: https://streamable.com/5u6od

Appears to be the tree.

I was mainly trying to make a pun on a common phrase there, but thank you for the assurance :unsmith:

Also, that looks pretty neat stabilized.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Didn't she die as a result of that?

No.
https://www.denverpost.com/2010/12/04/hollywood-stuntwoman-focuses-on-health-not-looks/

More about the stunt and why it went wrong.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-hoverboard-scene-in-back-to-the-future-2-nearly-kil-1713294885/amp

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Mine should shout "Ohshitfuckshitfuck" when enabled.

Mine should play :piss:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Wait, I thought Cameron Diaz took her shoes off during that scene! Edit: I should probably mention this slightly :nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tnfqP5CqDY

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's like Inception, except the architect is still stuck on the tutorial.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I imagine several people have seen the booty banging before because someone edited them into a scene from Jurassic Park: http://i.imgur.com/OH6r85g.gif (obviously contains butts)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Scott Forstall posted:

hey folks, long time fan and lurker.

I could use some examples of expensive fuckups of the kind ripe for this group, for my work. Any favorites?

https://nltimes.nl/2016/06/29/report-serious-lack-preparation-led-juliana-bridge-crane-collapse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Da6FoWh3k

Note that the article says "no injuries", but if you click on its link it will say that "the only casualty was a dog".

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The cinema I frequent recently installed these sink + hand dryer combos and they are not intuitive to use the first time around. It's no surprise there were instruction sheets on how to use them taped to the mirrors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkpP-mEUcAs

People have seem to gotten used to motion sensitive sinks in public places tho. If they don't have them, people sometimes leave the water running, simply because they are so used to them automatically stopping (or maybe they are just being dicks).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 22, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I get the concept, but no matter which button I pushed, it seemed to flush with the same force and volume of water. I'm wondering if they've got some kind of elevator close button placebo controls poo poo going on.

Actually, we've all moved on to the transcendence of the three seashells method, but we kept those buttons for less civilized people. Still confusing, hmm?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Oh poor ol’ Willis, thought of flies and died.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

:thumbsup:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

simplyhorribul posted:

If it had been Grolsch, all 10,000 cases would have continued to the destination. gently caress that beer and gently caress it how they pronounce it.

It is a shibboleth. Not just the name, the desire to drink it as well.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

oohhboy posted:

Are they still banning foreign cheese over shooting down that airliner? or am I misremembering.

I think the ban is still on. Two or three months ago I watched a short behind-the-news segment on Dutch television featuring a Russian farmer who had really benefited from the ban. But judging by posts in this thread his positive outlook might not make his cheese any better, lol

Dutch farmers who produced cheese had to up their security, because there were several mass cheese thefts in the year after the sanctions. I imagine the security up to the point was just lock and key, because cheese theft had never really been a thing over here. Although judging by Google search results it happens more often in regions that produce really fancy cheese.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's not just that we've got this racist addition to a children's holiday, it's that we are always pretending that we are so considerate to other cultures and that we embrace them. gently caress that, if that really was the case a party who wants to basically abolish freedom of religion would get shot out of cannon instead of getting votes (not part of the governing coalition, but still).