Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
reamers hehe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

calvus posted:

I wonder if that was supposed to happen

It was supposed to collapse like the rest of them. Now they're gonna have to demolish it carefully so it doesn't collapse while there are guys working around it. Pretty big gently caress up for an explosives demolition company.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 4, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

good dog

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cum bar

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
those guys with their facres blurred must be where they get the cum. fresh.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Magnesium? Or did the roof just collapse and let oxygen get to the fire-y bits?

The latter. It looks like a backdraft.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dillbag posted:

Sorry to derail helicopter chat but Belarus is basically Russia, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHtMwQ9GBHI

:belarus:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

EKDS5k posted:

While I don't know which specific forklift you're talking about, most 5000 lb capacity forklifts weigh between 8-9000 lbs, which is still a lot heavier than I thought before I knew better. A 10k capacity would weigh around 15 000 lbs. Electrics I think are heavier but off the top of my head I don't have anything to back that up.

Rough terrain forklifts, and variable reach forklifts scale up way faster. A 5k variable reach weighs around 10 000 lbs, and a 10k capacity typically weighs over 31 000 lbs. They are impossible to see out of on the right side, and will (possibly :nms:, vehicle gets his by forklift, driver dies, but you can't see any details through the windshield) gently caress you right up if you get hit by one.

Fork height chat: The comments on that video are wrong; in a variable reach forklift you need to keep the forks high enough so that you can see what's going on to your right. Unfortunately that puts them right at chest height, so if you see one driving around, just stay out of its way.

Variable reach forklifts often have front-deploying outriggers for picking up heavy things that are far away. It's OSHA because guys forget to raise them before trying to drive away.

car in that video should have got truckosaurus rex'd.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Totally TWISTED posted:

That is very likely to stop protestors climbing up the structure.

Don't know why they'd need it. Most protestors that show up at Tiananmen Square are quickly arrested by plain clothes secret police who bundle them up in unmarked vans to be driven off to a secret detention area. Move along comrade nothing to see here.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'd also like to point out that the workers have their safety lines clipped onto the barbed wire, which I don't think qualify as a safe tie-off anchor. :downs:

But this is China so there's a million more migrant workers where they came from.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
holy poo poo looking at the picture closer it doesn't even look like the harnesses they're wearing would do much to arrest a fall.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

C.M. Kruger posted:

Here's a pretty horrible steel foundry disaster from China.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qinghe_Special_Steel_Corporation_disaster

quote:

A subsequent investigation by the Chinese authorities found that the plant had been lacking any major safety features and was severely below regulation benchmarks, with the direct cause of the accident being attributed to inappropriate use of substandard equipment. The investigation also concluded that the various other safety failings at the facility were contributing factors. The report went on to criticize safety standards all throughout the Chinese steel industry.

lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

Just as an aside, the Bhopal incident was almost certainly sabotage, not an accident. The water got into the diisocyanate by a tap that was only used for cleaning when the plant was down for maintenance. A garden hose had been connected to it by someone who did not understand what would happen. His only intent was to ruin the batch.

This is according to Union Carbide, who of course would prefer to have it be seen as sabotage to deflect the charge of negligence.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sweet

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Svartvit posted:

Imho F1 pit crew should always be fat and on fire.

tire guy was outta there

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is it me?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the best solution would be to just leave a bunch of scary skeletons hanging around outside. nobody is gonna go snooping around if there are scary skeletons.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

On a long list of things I never hope to do, this might be near the top:

:itwaspoo:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the best part is that the guy that made all that poo poo has a million edits on wikipedia and you'll occasionally come across his lovely cgi stuff in articles.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

Watch your step, floor is a bit wet.

http://i.imgur.com/dT5haH5.gifv

so that's why they have the drains in the floor

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

they should really wear life-jackets

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
speaking of florida somebody got crushed by a bunch of pallets at a mushroom plant
http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/florida-man-crushed-death-mushrooms/nrcWt/

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 8, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i see we have some darwin award contenders

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is it legal to have a loose dog in a national park? (I read "escaped from the truck" as "got out of the truck because the owners didn't do anything to stop it".)

it was 1981. there were no rules.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
should have left it there until a warrior strong enough to wield such a mighty weapon could be found

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

hailthefish posted:

[Ask] me about the guy who hit himself right in the palm of his hand with a jet of sodium-hydroxide solution from his pressure washer!

His hand turned grey and started to mush-ify and they had to lop 90% of it off. No pictures, sorry.

:derp:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

now post the picture of the blood at the bottom of the second hill

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Neurion posted:

Cross-posting from the Lego thread, my coworker and I had a little fun during a lull in business.

wish the logo man faces could be in the thread title

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
natural selection thwarted again

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Imagine getting a papercut from that.

NO

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Laser Cleaning Africa

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

so fat. so dumb.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
so what im learning is that all grain diet is not healthy

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i bet a koala did it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

"injuries were incompatible with living" :downs:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mozi posted:

Once again, staying safely indoors proves to be the thinking man's victory.

do you know how many fatal injuries occur in the home every year? homes are death traps, friend.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

rip roboape

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
nice glorification of unsafe work practices

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Zero One posted:

Mystery object falls from the sky in Myanmar.

It was a Chinese rocket

could have been worse. the chinese once bombed one of their own villages after a rocket failed in 1996. officially it killed 6 but since it's the chinese government and they lie about everything the death toll was probably much higher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelsat_708

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOtSwQkybVw

warning for loud chinese yelling when poo poo goes down.

the chinese also have a habit of dropping rocket parts over their own territory and sickening villagers foolish enough to get too close to the debris. rocket fuel is not something you want to breath.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
there's an article by air & space magazine about the disaster here, too.

http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/disaster-at-xichang-2873673/?no-ist=&page=1