Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...
I saw a crane that was drilling helical piles get caught up, twist, and smack into the ground. If it would have gone left instead of right, it would have instantly killed 10 people. Even in the safest workplaces you're always a oval office hair away from getting your god damned head crushed by the cruel hand of fate.

But god damnit the money is so good and who the hell needs all ten fingers anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

calvus posted:

Is that normal to have so many violations?

I can't recall that my company has received an OSHA violation, but industrial construction goes so far above and beyond OSHA standards that it doesn't surprise me.

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

Nierbo posted:

Got my toe run over by a pallet jack at work the other day. Took the big toe nail off. First two pics are a few mins after it happened and the last pic is just an hr ago after I took the dressing off for the first time.

NWS NWS NWS http://imgur.com/a/Yq452 NWS

Steel toed boots are for fags. I applaud your kingly example of manning the gently caress up.

EDIT: You deserve to get injured.

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...

ekuNNN posted:

what's a per diem job? you get paid per day? or you don't have a long-term contract but get hired day-by-day?

It depends. You can get paid per day worked, or per day even if you don't work. I get per diem every day of the week as long as I'm "on the road" for a project.

It is supposed to cover living arrangements for someone traveling away from their home base.

Edit: Reading the context of that post... I'm with you. That's not the typical application of the term and I don't loving get it.