Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

If you absolutely felt like you had to unload the pallets that way, you should at least have the guy with the pallet jack wait until the forklift guy comes back and is in position with the forks right on the edge platform so that there's something to keep the jack from rolling right off the edge.

It's still dumb though and shouldn't be done at all like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Gorilla Salad posted:

/\/\/\Holy poo poo, mate.

I don't know if this counts because I have no idea what I' looking at.

I'm assuming that the trucks lower for transporting the thing so the treads don't tear the poo poo out of the pavement?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I used to work at the worlds shadiest lumber yard. I worked it over a summer during college, and they gave me no formal fork lift training other than "here's what the levers do, don't break anything".

Now that might be fine if these were somewhat normal forklifts, but they weren't, they were massive machines with 3-speed manual transmissions (clutch included!) that were capable of 25+ mph and contained GM 3.8L V6 engines running propane.

They were fun, but man, looking back, that was dangerous.

I consider myself a pretty good forklift driver and decent with a stick shift in a car but the thought of combining those two things sounds like it would require a good amount of multi-tasking.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

This is only serves to encourage the retards who think that not wearing their seat belt is safer because they'll "be thrown clear".

Good. :smugdog:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I want to see the redneck version of this where someone tries this with their pickup and the log goes crashing through the cab and kills them.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

They were just showing those pussies over at the Salton Sea how to really get poo poo done.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

I dont get it? Whats wrong with this? Unless they just keep driving?

Yes, a limit switch would be a good idea.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Does it really matter what's in that cabinet?

The point being that two tiny pieces of wood and a sandbag over a puddle of water would be lovely even if it was set up to access a pile of pillows?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

calvus posted:

Being thrown clear sounds great, unless you think about all the hard objects out there like trees, the ground etc, it really is complicated

That and getting crushed when your own vehicle rolls over you.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Well no, it's the exact opposite if you have even the vaguest idea of what I'm alluding to but whatever.

Oh yeah? Who are you gonna trust?

The government that's blasting you in the rear end or the corporation that's blasting you in the rear end?

It's all one big rear end blast.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Lime Tonics posted:

“Kellogg takes this situation very seriously and is shocked and outraged by this video. We have alerted law enforcement authorities and regulators, and are conducting a thorough investigation,” Charles said, in a statement.
“Our investigation so far revealed that the video was recorded in 2014 or earlier. We will share more information as we learn more.”

:nws:

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/03/11/8199612305874439522/640x360_8199612305874439522.mp4

:nws:

Someone literally pissed in your cereal. Don't worry though, it happened years ago.

I'm the Worldstarhiphop.com watermark.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I'm curious to know how they got the car in the air to begin with.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Well at least it looks like they used the correct jack points. :v:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

JFairfax posted:

While trying to make an exciting shooting video, a Georgia man packed a lawn mower with Tannerite. He inadvertently used too much of the explosive and when he fired on the lawnmower, the explosion was so powerful, it blew-off his left leg below the knee.

http://water-and-woods.com/2016/03/man-blows-his-leg-off-shooting-at-lawn-mower-filled-with-high-explosives/

My local news had a video clip where the sheriff from the area where that happened went out of his way to reassure people that he supports 2nd amendment rights before suggesting that people not do what that guy did to get his leg blown off. This loving country...

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I might as well link the clip so people can laugh along with me at this dumb situation.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/03/24/man-loses-leg-shooting-lawnmower-full-explosives/82232440/

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Staryberry posted:

Jimmy John's "Freaky Fast" sandwich delivery guy, climbs over a moving train to deliver a sandwich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0D3r7tqQ4A

As a former retail safety supervisor, I would tell that guy "Look, here's the inside scoop. That was rad as hell but if you ever do that again, I will make sure you're fired so hard."

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

calvus posted:

What's the job description for a retail supervisor?

I was a manager (supervisor, really) who was also the store safety leader. So I already had some actual authority which was nice because you were pretty hosed if you were just some rear end in a top hat on the salesfloor trying to tell people to stop loving around and work safe.

The description was basically to take on a bunch of extra bullshit for no increase in pay, have your co-workers throw a bitch fit because you have to leave your area and run a 30-60 minute meeting once a week, have people show up at your meeting with the intent to stump you by bringing up every little issue they can think of with no proposed solution or proactivity on their own part.

Honestly, if I had to do it again, I would go against the grain and encourage everyone to report all injury incidents as I think that would do more to create a safety minded environment. When the focus is on accident free days, it just encourages people to not report anything unless they have to go to the ER because "OMG, now we don't get a pizza party!". Also, the company would always find a way to blame the employee for getting hurt and write them up for not working safe. Even better if they drug tested them and they showed up positive for the marijuana they smoked a week ago because then they can just fire them and not have to pay for any medical expenses.

I was just at a store buying some groceries and they had a sign that said "6 Years Accident Free!" and I had to laugh because that's so full of poo poo and I would be scared to work somewhere that goes through the effort to hide accidents for that long.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

That's some loving Final Destination poo poo right there.

The second movie is the reason I refuse to drive behind logging trucks.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

H110Hawk posted:

It isn't you who pays for the ECG. You know how basically every medical form in the USA says "Is this visit related to a workplace injury? [ ]" ? Check the box. Ask your boss how you go about getting the ECG.

I agree with this but at the same time be aware if you have a lovely employer, they'll drug test you and find an excuse to write you up. Seriously though, get the ECG.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Gromit posted:

Kind of the opposite, but the deluxe Ridge Racer arcade machine from years ago came with a real Mazda MX5 car to control it.

That's really cool, I never knew about that. There's no way this thing isn't worth an obscene amount of money at this point.

baquerd posted:

gently caress, does this mean I can't use cheap vodka to sanitize things anymore?

Looks like it's Everclear or nothing from now on! :v:

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 15, 2016

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

Cool Snapple cap fact. Too bad it's only true about 10% of your skin cells; the rest will gleefully accumulate UV damage throughout your life despite your second grade-level understanding of dermatology.

Lol, getting pretty salty there, dude.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

don't try and help the management, they won't do the same to you!

report it as a work injury and you might even be covered for hospital fees (if you live a third world country/USA)

Yeah but then they drug test you and you get fired because you smoked weed a week ago.

Riding sidesaddle. Shameful.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 20, 2016

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Doctor Bombadil posted:

Just found a couple of pictures on my old cellphone:

At first I thought that the load had shifted and started coming out the back because the driver braked hard. Because that seemed more plausible than someone purposely loading a truck in that manner.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

I love the Disney fan blog reporting it took the ride offline for five hours. Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjuVVlSgYLc

I loving hate Disney spergs. Like I'm not even mad that they're that obsessed with something but of all the loving things in the world to choose.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Airborne Viking posted:

According to the video description, it happened during a car accident. He suffered no visual impairment afterwards.

"I'm just going to go to drive to the store". *puts on safety glasses and helmet*

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Humphreys posted:

The king of OSHA violations is at it again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k

Usually when men do dangerous things in the name of science, it's also partly to impress women.

This is obviously not one of those men.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Thank you for offering this nice GIF in this trying time.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The obvious counter to these anti-personnel mines is baby soldiers.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

we fought once and he put me in a vertical hold

:golfclap:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The stairs were woefully lacking the extra support that insulation would have provided.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The real critical failure point though, was that all the windows matched.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Retarded Pimp posted:

Taken by a coworker in a local grocery store.

That should be a fireable offense but the fact that employee felt like it was perfectly OK tells me that no one gives a gently caress about safety in that store.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

"Proper safety procedures" and "Retail" are two words that are rarely found in close proximity to each other.

Retailers might not actually care about safety but they do care about money. So what the smart ones do is make a big deal about "working safe" even though often the only way to get the work done in time is to take unsafe shortcuts. Then when someone gets hurt, they can say they violated policy, fire them, and avoid paying money for it. It's also an easy way to fire people they're trying to get rid of anyway.

Also, how the gently caress is that just as safe as being on the floor? The distance to the ground is farther and the step ladder is sitting on a conveyor belt. :wtc:

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 11, 2016

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

When I worked retail, the employees were trained in lock out/tag out procedures. Most of them never had to deal with it unless they worked in the back room but they still had to pass a test about it every 6 months or so.

Each register tends to be a mess of wires and cords underneath the belt and register. You weren't allowed to just go rooting around, unplugging things unless you were maintenance or something. That genius in the picture probably wouldn't even unplug the right thing, I bet.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Lime Tonics posted:

So how long do you think this will burn for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhaWNKdoPbQ

There is no way to put it out right?

I heard about that on the news today and immediately laughed my rear end off and of course thought of the Simpsons.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Three-Phase posted:

We need a big red tag like the "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" ones airplanes have for stuff like pitot tube covers and whatnot.

That reminds me of the Aeroperu flight that crashed because they used regular adhesive tape to cover the static ports instead of those bright red tags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWpB6ZdSFOU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroper%C3%BA_Flight_603

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I buy a lot of used electronics and it's always a hoot and a holler when the previous owner has left old batteries to die inside the battery compartment and leak poo poo everywhere.

I know this isn't really OSHA but can someone tell me why it seems that one battery seems to be the one to leak and get totally hosed up while the rest seem to make it out OK and still have an almost full charge?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

tater_salad posted:

That's what you do with the straps you just go...

"Dat was hilarious" in rainman voice.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Yell really loud, "I don't know you! That's my purse!" and kick the flood in the balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I always get paranoid about leaving my house with the dryer running.

The chance of anything happening are so small but I still worry. :ohdear: