Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

So yeah, we really should exile the celebrity to get the hermit next to the scientist. That may negate the bad stuff on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Child is not cult.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
EXILE CELEBRITY

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm realizing that this game can be really, REALLY guilty of encouraging quarterbacking.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

ACTION QUEUE: somberbrero take us home big boy :wink:

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Max posted:

I'm realizing that this game can be really, REALLY guilty of encouraging quarterbacking.

Yeah I just listened to others on what to do lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Question Scientist, right?

Exile Celebrity

Sorry if I screwed this up.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
WITH FOUR VOTES THE CELEBRITY IS...

EXILED

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh boy here we go

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hey guys... I just want to tell you something.

I lied. About everything. I don't know if this has done anything, but I did my best to spread misinformation.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I figured you were the last one.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
I'm gonna make you the buffest guy Val Kilmer has ever seen

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
The remaining survivors have their traits revealed.

The CHILD had...

MUSICIAN!

The CONMAN had...

PET DOG!

The HERMIT had...

PROPHET!

The SCIENTIST had...

PACIFIST and CULTIST!

The SCIENTIST's CULTIST trait is canceled out by the HERMIT's PROPHET trait.

The shelter is successfully secured. Civilians win!

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
MG2 - CIVILIAN - SALESMAN/PRIEST - Reveal on your turn! You may question two survivors this round.
Somberbrero - CIVILIAN - LAWYER/THERAPIST - Reveal on your turn! Choose any other player and view each other's identity cards.
Chili MAX - CIVILIAN - ANDREW JASTRY/BROKER
PBS Newshour - CIVILIAN - ACTOR/ANTHROPOLOGIST - Reveal at any point! Copy the effect of a revealed ability card.
Asiina - CULT ELDER - MASSEUSE/POLICE OFFICER - Reveal on your turn! You may question an exhausted survivor.
Meinberg - CULT ELDER - PSYCHIC/REPORTER - Reveal after a survivor is removed! You may look at all trait cards belonging to the survivor who was removed through the bunker.

FINAL TRAIT ALLOCATION:

UNDERGRAD - CLEANFREAK - CULTIST
CHILD - MUSICIAN
CONMAN - PET DOG
HERMIT - PROPHET
CELEBRITY - RICH - HANDY - GENIUS
SCIENTIST - PACIFIST - CULTIST

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ugh, thank god. I was actually worried about the doomsayer turning the scientist into a double cultist and that loving us over.

This was an interesting game. I was able to (somehow) keep a lot of info in my head as the game went on, which lead to a lot of quarterbacking, I think.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
I believe the starting traits looked like this:

UNDERGRAD - CLEANFREAK - MUSICIAN
CHILD - CULTIST
CONMAN - CULTIST
HERMIT - PROPHET
CELEBRITY - RICH - HANDY - GENIUS
SCIENTIST - PACIFIST - PET DOG

On round 1, Chili/Max saw the Prophet card. On round 2, PBS saw (I believe) the Clean Freak card, switching the Cultist trait from the Child onto the Undergrad without realizing it. Asiina saw that the Cultist card was put onto the Conman in round 3. Then you guys cleared the Celebrity and the Child before voting out the Undergrad. Chili's early vote on the Undergrad was really lucky in conjunction with PBS randoming the Cultist card onto her, as it meant that there wasn't much option for the Cult Elders to try to bumble the vote. The loss of the Undergrad severely damaged the Cult Elders' game, as her ability inherently creates confusion and misdirection. Meinberg saw that the Undergrad had a cultist card, and of course lied about it.

The rest played out fairly obviously. The draw was, I think, pretty weighted against the Cult Elders, and Chili/PBS got real lucky with some early moves that set into motion, both knowingly and unknowingly, much of the rest of the game. It was probably salvageable at one point, but Asiina drew a lot of suspicion with her first action, and Meinberg didn't really know enough to make the big plays he probably needed to. Off the top of my head, he could have used the Undergrad with the Hermit, or even the Celebrity, in order to really cause some confusion and possibly derail the Undergrad vote train. Hindsight is 20/20, though.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
That was a cool game. I began to understand it better at the end. It's hard to visualize

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So I think I like this game a lot, but one of its problems is you could potentially take out both cult traits first exile right?

I mean there is still a chance it could go downhill if the scientest has the one card, and also I figure that yeah this game probably plays in 8-12 minutes in real life tops so it isn't that much of a deal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It really feels like PBP doesn't do the format any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thank you for running this, Clocks.

• Locked thread