Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I haven't really played any of the famous feelings games (undertail, gone home, etc) but I'm playing the new one. It's about walking in the woods and talking on a walkie talkie. Will update with more info as it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
i remember being intrigued by this one when it was shown at the last e3

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Godspeed. There is no enemy in gaming greater than a gamer's own feels.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Godspeed. There is no enemy in gaming greater than a gamer's own feels.

I'm up to day 3 and I think they front loaded the feels in the intro and because I'm a badass ganergater I didn't care.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Direbotch

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

This looks epic.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is getting weird...kinda wish it was still about being a fat old guy reporting fires.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kinda interested in this. I watched a few minutes of the first time you are at your job and the writing seemed really bad. Does it get better?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is giving me the drat fee fees.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've never gone from :3: to :smith: so goddamn fast...This. loving. Game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pray, brother.. spare a feel?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Let me know if it's good OP.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I watched some of it and the guy's voice actor was good and the woman was kinda annoying.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ragg posted:

Let me know if it's good OP.

It's basically exactly what you imagine it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

I watched some of it and the guy's voice actor was good and the woman was kinda annoying.

This is how I felt. She sounds like she's having a different conversation than him

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They should make dlc where you just hike around being a forest cop. The bit with the firework teens at the start was cool because you could go about it a few ways and they never do anything like it again.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

This is how I felt. She sounds like she's having a different conversation than him

I think she's supposed to come off as someone who's a little full of poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be playing this weekend with a fresh cup.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Apparently there's secret stuff but I never went anywhere but the critical path so I never found any if it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ragg posted:

It's Harry from Mad Men

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Coffee and gaming is some drat win.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

apparently there's a camera you get in game to take pictures with and you can pay to have the photos developed irl and shipped to your house

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

apparently there's a camera you get in game to take pictures with and you can pay to have the photos developed irl and shipped to your house

Lmfao.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i sure dont like that.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm kinda interested in this. I watched a few minutes of the first time you are at your job and the writing seemed really bad. Does it get better?

i played an hour and the dialogue was bad but i did laugh at a few choice lines

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I played it all yesterday. The last hour is kind of so-so but I'm a huge sucker for coniferous cabin Americana feels and 80s feels so I enjoyed it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

what kind of coffee are you drinking

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Does this this game have as good exploration as say an Oblivion OP?

Oh, hells. Screw it. Time to find out for myself. Downloading now.

EDIT: Download finished. Ready. Set. Feels!

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 11, 2016

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

:shittypop:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'd love a game where you go around a small northern town, like Deadly Premonition or Alan Wake, except nothing supernatural happens and all you do is talk with people, explore and generally get comfy.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

HIKER GUY [into Walkie talkie] : Okay, I'm just north of Feels Falls.

WALKIE TALKIE WOMAN: Good. Climb down those rocks cinematically and go check out that potential fire danger.

[GUY CLIMBS DOWN RAVINE CINEMATICALLY]

WALKIE TALKIE WOMAN: So...you wanna talk about those feels you mentioned earlier?

HIKER GUY: [gazing upon the majestic Feels Falls]: Yeah...I think I do.

[acoustic noodling plays while feels are felt]

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 12, 2016

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I haven't really played any of the famous feelings games (undertail, gone home, etc) but I'm playing the new one. It's about walking in the woods and talking on a walkie talkie. Will update with more info as it happens.

enmjoy

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

They should have a feels game where you walk around a house and when you hit a dpad button it brings up an iPad with an ironic video game forum on it and you have multiple choice options to make forum posts and replies

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

WALKIE TALKIE WOMAN: Good. Climb down those rocks cinematically and go check out that potential fire danger.

WALKIE TALKIE WOMAN: So...you wanna talk about those feels you mentioned earlier?

*smashes the feels item against a rock and inhales the vapours, giving me +1 permanent hp

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

They should have a feels game where you walk around a house and when you hit a dpad button it brings up an iPad with an ironic video game forum on it and you have multiple choice options to make forum posts and replies

This forum shpuld have daily quests where you have to get empty quotes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This post brought back some feels.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The ending feels like a 'fake ending' you'd get if you didn't get the prerequisites for a 'real ending' but it actually is the real ending and the devs said there's nothing hidden.

There's a bunch of stuff that never gets explained at all, like what was that suspicious phone call you can eavesdrop on about? Why did Delilah not respond at all when you tried asking her what was up with the burned down cabin? What was up with those 'details about your wife that you never talked about over the radio' and how did that guy know about them? How was a hermit on the missing persons list able to actually fake being a government doctor to get a bunch of high tech equipment out into the middle of the woods and fence it off? None of it is ever explained and you're supposed to just roll with it. There's also those numbered books all over that never lead anywhere.

Of course the devs could be lying and there might actually be a real ending hidden away. I guess my point is, someone should make the Firewatch version of r/NeverBeGameOver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The ending feels like a 'fake ending' you'd get if you didn't get the prerequisites for a 'real ending' but it actually is the real ending and the devs said there's nothing hidden.

There's a bunch of stuff that never gets explained at all, like what was that suspicious phone call you can eavesdrop on about? Why did Delilah not respond at all when you tried asking her what was up with the burned down cabin? What was up with those 'details about your wife that you never talked about over the radio' and how did that guy know about them? How was a hermit on the missing persons list able to actually fake being a government doctor to get a bunch of high tech equipment out into the middle of the woods and fence it off? None of it is ever explained and you're supposed to just roll with it. There's also those numbered books all over that never lead anywhere.

Of course the devs could be lying and there might actually be a real ending hidden away. I guess my point is, someone should make the Firewatch version of r/NeverBeGameOver

First rule of feels games: never question anything, just go with it, just...feel

• Locked thread