Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

the_steve posted:

Is there any sort of interaction with the previous game?
I mean, if you have a cleared save file from Default, does it affect anything from Second?

The Japanese version did interact with the first game but it also required some Square-Enix account system so I have no idea how it'll work over here, if at all.

The Bravely Second demo data unlocks some stuff in the full game, plus NOE is doing a promo where downloading the demo will get you a 10% discount off a digital version of the full game within the first couple weeks of launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Japanese version did interact with the first game but it also required some Square-Enix account system so I have no idea how it'll work over here, if at all.

The Bravely Second demo data unlocks some stuff in the full game, plus NOE is doing a promo where downloading the demo will get you a 10% discount off a digital version of the full game within the first couple weeks of launch.

Man, I hope we get that promo, too.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Dunban posted:

Has Nothing Ventured always had a taunt effect? Or was that added in Bravely Second?

Didn't have that in the first, so if they added that then that's sweet.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
After ten minutes with the demo I already know I'm gonna buy it because even if the last half turns again into a big timewarp the entire thing is just so god drat charming.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

There's a demo!? and we get a discount if we download it!? poo poo I need to wrap up BD quick.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Bravely Second demo data unlocks some stuff in the full game,

It's only a handful of potions, hi-potions and ether equivalents though, so don't go 100% for the demo if you're not enjoying it, basically.

e: Lifted from Gamefaqs - unlock conditions removed by me so it doesn't spoil.
Cavalier-In-Training Set ---Potion x3
Cavalier's First Mission Set ---Phoenix Down x3
Ambitious Cavalier Set ---Hi-Potion x3
Full-Fledged Cavalier Set ---X-Potion x1
Seasoned Cavalier Set ---Remedies x3
Learned Cavalier Set ---Elixir x1
Veteran Cavalier Set ---Ether x1
Legendary Cavalier Set ---Turbo Ether x1

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I got 6 streetpasses today and none of them showed up in the demo to join the rebuilding effort, what the hell? I'm pretty sure in the first game it was any streetpass, not just people playing the same game, am I misremembering?

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

I got 6 streetpasses today and none of them showed up in the demo to join the rebuilding effort, what the hell? I'm pretty sure in the first game it was any streetpass, not just people playing the same game, am I misremembering?

It's people playing the same game.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

No, it was players of the same game.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah, one annoying thing is that I don't get many Streetpasses anymore. I used to get a lot from relays but I feel like there aren't any anymore? Maybe just not here.

Does anyone know if the full game still allows you to get 3 slaves villagers per day over Spotpass, like BD?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

The demo has the same "update data" option, although it's greyed out so I can't see what's behind it. So, uh, maybe?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Agnès is on point with these Talks.

"Do you have everything prepared? Weapons, items? Handkerchiefs, a snack? I reommend a banana, they're nature's snack, easy to eat! ... *stares at ceiling* I wish I had a banana..."

"Oh, you're going to be fighting Myconoids? Be careful with physical attacks, you'll want to use magic otherwise they'll use their Spore ability to multiply. I have... personal experience with this. oh how they doubled... tripled... quadrupled..."

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Terper posted:

Agnès is on point with these Talks.

"Do you have everything prepared? Weapons, items? Handkerchiefs, a snack? I reommend a banana, they're nature's snack, easy to eat! ... *stares at ceiling* I wish I had a banana..."

"Oh, you're going to be fighting Myconoids? Be careful with physical attacks, you'll want to use magic otherwise they'll use their Spore ability to multiply. I have... personal experience with this. oh how they doubled... tripled... quadrupled..."

Yeah I just got the Directions talk. :allears:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

In the interest of global Manifest Destiny, I humbly request this thread gets closed until Bravely Second comes out in the USA. :911:

No, you can not have Fire Emblem Fates. :colbert:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

In the interest of global Manifest Destiny, I humbly request this thread gets closed until Bravely Second comes out in the USA. :911:

Unacceptable :colbert:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Finished the demo. It seems to be more of the same, which I'm tentatively okay with as long as it's paced better.

gently caress the streetpass stuff though, there's no way I'll ever encounter a single one where I'm at so those buildings will take forever, unless you can get more in other ways? I forget how it worked in the first game.

Also gotta say I'm not so psyched about DeRosa being back and apparently being comic relief and quote "not so bad" after all considering he was essentially a rapist in the first game. Them's the breaks I guess!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I remember there was a side story about him in a Japanese novella hanging out with the party during New Year's or something. For some reason, DeRosa is apparently somewhat popular in Japan? :shrug:

That or they just wanted an excuse to bring Red Mage back.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Detective No. 27 posted:

No, you can not have Fire Emblem Fates. :colbert:

We just got Etrian Odyssey untold 2, so america owes us already.

Talran
Sep 11, 2005

Be gone with you! You'll spoil my focus.

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah, one annoying thing is that I don't get many Streetpasses anymore. I used to get a lot from relays but I feel like there aren't any anymore? Maybe just not here.

Does anyone know if the full game still allows you to get 3 slaves villagers per day over Spotpass, like BD?

It does IIRC (it's been ages since I've actually needed anyone, it stacks fast like norende), You get friend updates then the spotpass randoms which go to the moon village to be slaves happy little workers.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I like how they changed Hawkeye to be cowboy-themed in the west, but the menu command is "Shamanism" and the job description is "Channel spiritual power through weapons"

Granted my knowledge of American history doesn't go far, but I don't think there were many cowboy shamans

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Has anyone found the secret paradise that the old lady talks about?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Has anyone found the secret paradise that the old lady talks about?

I think it's supposed to be the same as the demo for the first game, the Chompers on the beach near the Temple of Wind.

Also I filled out the bestiary today, so the only play bonus I have left is rebuilding the village. It was fun, but the jobs and abilities they gave us didn't really lend themselves to any cool combos.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

I like how they changed Hawkeye to be cowboy-themed in the west, but the menu command is "Shamanism" and the job description is "Channel spiritual power through weapons"

Granted my knowledge of American history doesn't go far, but I don't think there were many cowboy shamans

It owns.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm morbidly curious if the game is going to be as blatantly padded as the first game was at a certain point.

mabels big day posted:

On behalf of the US I will trade Fates for this game.

What about trading Fates... For a good game. :mmmsmug:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Anatharon posted:

I'm morbidly curious if the game is going to be as blatantly padded as the first game was at a certain point.
The answer is no, it supposedly isn't.

quote:

What about trading Fates... For a good game. :mmmsmug:
:frogout:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
I've been playin the demo and why did no one tell me this series is so good? The customisation and battle death can be made as easy or challenging to suit your style and it's a JRPG with humour!

You yanks can have your RTS with the creepy petting room. Ill be playing dress up at the end of the Month!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Ronnie posted:

I've been playin the demo and why did no one tell me this series is so good? The customisation and battle death can be made as easy or challenging to suit your style and it's a JRPG with humour!

You yanks can have your RTS with the creepy petting room. Ill be playing dress up at the end of the Month!

Fates is a turn-based strategy RPG, not a real-time one. And I'll be getting both anyways.

But yes, Bravely Default/Second i amazingly fun. I am currently in love with the Wizard class and it's spellcraft techniques. Also, Agnés and her legendary bad sense of direction will forever amuse me. :allears:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Finally got a streetpass, wooo!

... I already finished the reconstruction this morning :negative:

Talran
Sep 11, 2005

Be gone with you! You'll spoil my focus.

irlZaphod posted:

The answer is no, it supposedly isn't.

It isn't by any means.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So, I'm detecting a chest on the world map....where the hell is it?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I believe it was just about north of Al-Khampis, near the mountains? It's not really a chest, just a hidden item.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I might be being a dumb rear end but I am playing the demo and trying to investigate the ghost in the dorm, I have spoken to everyone and nothing has triggered. What am I missing?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

nerd_of_prey posted:

I might be being a dumb rear end but I am playing the demo and trying to investigate the ghost in the dorm, I have spoken to everyone and nothing has triggered. What am I missing?

Go back at night

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Guns are the new Bows. They'll probably be useful for a while after you get them (particularly with elemental effects), but then will be rendered a bit useless later on.

Also it's crappy that they give you a really good gun with a water effect in a dungeon swarming with Aqua Lanterns. :mad:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

So I just beat (second last demo boss I guess, judging by the bestiary) Geist, and then not only does it pull that poo poo where you beat a boss and the cutscene has your party going "He's too strong, we can't beat him", but who shows up to save me? Goddamn DEROSA. Fiore "I seduce and murder women for fun and profit" DeRosa. And then Nikolai says he's not such a bad guy after all. I thought you were cool, Nikolai :argh:

Also sad that I can't combine Undo BP with Blast spellcraft for BP battery shenanigans, but I guess they wouldn't make it THAT easy huh? Maybe Mimic will work on it in the full game

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It unsettles me that this game is trying so hard to make a rapist likeable. Like, isn't there a scene in Chapter 8 of Bravely Default where it's implied he tried to drug the Venus Sisters before they start threatening him? One of whom is a minor?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It unsettles me that this game is trying so hard to make a rapist likeable. Like, isn't there a scene in Chapter 8 of Bravely Default where it's implied he tried to drug the Venus Sisters before they start threatening him? One of whom is a minor?

Hey, boys will be boys after all! :smithicide:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If they actually play it straight like that in the main game then yeah I'm gonna have a real problem, but the demo's bestiary had Janne going "Yeah no, I don't buy it." so we'll see.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Wasn't that dudes roofie purfume poisonous to the women he used it on after enough got in their systems? And then he recycled it from their dead bodies? And had girls out trying to harvest insanity inducing butterflies to make it in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Yeah he's plainly still a creep, my post there was just my reaction to "I'm being saved by this guy? Nooooo". Yew and crew are just ignorant of his past crimes, and they still have an immediate negative reaction to him until he shows up to chase Geist off. And he's only doing that because some of his female students came to him about a scary intruder. Stay away girls, he's a scary intruder himself!

• Locked thread