Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Birthright: 3
Conquest: 3
Huniepop: 3
Daikatana: 1

poo poo, I can't choose like this :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I should probably ask this before I get the game and get annoyed when I can't recruit someone or something, is there any character that needs something special in My Castle or supports or anything to join or not leave? I know there's Kaze, who needs an A-support before Chapter 15 with Corrin, but is there anyone else?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

poo poo, I'm searching for Endorph's character analysis and I can't find it at all and didn't save it like a dumbass. Any chance of linking to it again?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Txn posted:

So how do I receive the extra things by having Fire Emblem Awakening?

I have the same question. It said I got the bonus on the Extras menu but then I have nothing and I have no idea where I have to go to claim whatever stuff that might give me. I think I've checked the entirety of My Castle.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Considering how reclassing works now, when should I turn Mozu into an Archer? Immediatly? Wait until she gets Underdog? I just recruited her and got her a couple of levels on her paralogue but nothing more since the RNG turned against me and had Corrin spam Dragon Fangs and even got one crit at like 3% just so I could not feed her kills.

Same question for Azama I guess whenever I get him.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rochallor posted:

Does Corrin have abysmal growth rates or am I just supremely unlucky? I thought all Lords were supposed to be at least decent, but I've never gotten more than two stat-ups in my first eight levels. I did get three once, but one of them was magic, so.

You are supremely unlucky, I'm afraid. My Corrin has gotten far better level ups.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You can buy skills, right? Is an unique shop needed for that or something?

Because I really wanted to buy Aptitude from the person that posted their castle with an avatar that had it but I can't find any way to.

Also, my own avatar hit level 10 and has Dragon Fang, should I reclass for Samurai skills?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I started supporting Jakob and Setsuna entirely because I wanted stoner kid to have stoner mum.

I didn't know Jakob could be this good. Once again, my dumb reasons to ship FE characters have led me to the best pairings.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't wait until Ryoma joins me so I can marry Mozu to him and make her royalty, much like I did with Donnel back in Awakening.

It is the least I can do for machines of destruction like them.

On the topic, can other units get Aptitude? I've seen a few Castles with other characters with them (and snagged said Aptitudes for myself, why wouldn't I?), plus it can be bought (though it is very expensive) so I thought it should be legal, but then I found...this, and started wondering.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Endorph posted:

Only Mozu and kids. Mozu hands out Archer as her marriage seal/buddy seal class, not Villager.

poo poo, so I paid for those two Aptitudes that aren't even real. Now I feel badly about getting levels with them, even if I didn't know they were hacked.

Tae posted:

Takumi is a super nice and supportive guy when he properly joins in birthright.

Not to mention he's a massive badass. I've learned that the best way to get out of bad situations is to send Takumi and let him murder everyone with massive ease.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Orochi's cool and good and her ranking badly only shows how terrible Japanese taste is. She was my magic tank/powerful mage in Birthright and she rocked in that and in supports.

In fact, I opened this thread to ask about Orochi! I need her to Capture everyone because I will not be happy without 100% completion but she's lagged behind pretty badly in my Revelation run due to lack of deployment space because IntSys make some very weird decisions. She's level 10 unpromoted when my army has already promoted and story missions will just kill her without a second thought.

My question is: without adding her to the main team and...I dunno, doing some magic to get her not killed instantly, is there an easy way to level her up? I'll need her for the Paralogues. I have Paragon, and wanted to make her a Witch, but I have no idea how to train low-level units in this, since even random battles are high level unlike Awakening.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tired Moritz posted:

um of course, why would I force them to marry Corrin?
Give Azura and Shigure the furries, they seem cool.

Azura/Kaden is the only support I've seen where Azura actually has a personality and becomes a fun character. Considering that, I should try and see if Keaton has the same effect.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kay Kessler posted:

Setsuna is Dwyer's mom. There are no other options.

A good choice. I did the same in my Birthright run.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The best example is probably Selena/Caeldori, which is basically the same as the other mum/Caeldori supports at C and B but with a lot, and I mean a LOT, more of self-loathing on Selena's part (unsurprising, being who she is). And then A rank is unique and great.

But that's kind of a completely unique situation for obvious reasons. I'm guessing Corrin/Rhajat is semi-unique too as a mum/daughter support but I have no way to know because there's no way in hell I'm having Rhajat as my daughter.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I have it to Odin Dark on Revelations because he's the most underleveled. I also made him into a Marth since he was refusing to gain any magic.

Odin is many things, but a mage is not one of them, despite what the game might tell you.

Also, I had a question about Paragon too, fittingly enough. Does it stack with Future Sight? I have both on Orochi, but if they don't, I might as well just take Future Sight off.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fire Emblem is a game that tests just how far you'll go in your need to marry someone. Fates is just the ending point of that: are you willing to marry a child? Your nephews and nieces? Your siblings? Any combination of those?

The game lets you. But your own soul shouldn't.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Please don't marry my daughter. She is too young and her drugs market is too successful to be tied to marriage.

Marry someone else instead. Like Rhajat, I hear she's free and terrible enough for the people who'd marry a child.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm afraid to defend second gen marriage too hard, but surely you see the difference between marrying Midori and, for example, Ignatius?

Oh, absolutely. There's levels of wrong in the characters you can marry.

...Something I don't think is okay to say of any game, so it'd be nice if it didn't happen again. And this is coming from someone who married Caeldori in his Revelation run, if only to keep continuity with my Awakening one.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Selena gets the unique chance of being her own grandmother and I was not going to take that away from her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Last Celebration posted:

Yeah, but the problem is that you don't get content because you didn't play a certain, real dumb way. And you won't get all the kid chapters without playing a certain way, which is kind of dumb but not a huge issue. Idk, I just think none of the extra chapters in FE11 (or 13/14) look good enough that it's a super detrimental choice to the overall experience.

That's an incredibly stupid comparison. Awakening and Fates lock chapters behind you using the Support mechanic, which the games have always encouraged (because it's the only way to get characterization on most units, because it gives useful stat bonuses, because it changes endings, because this is a VN with SRPG components at this point), Shadow Dragon locks chapters behind you playing like poo poo and killing your own units, which has always been the exact wrong thing to do and something the games should never encourage.

It's so bad that the next game basically tells you outright that you're bad if your units die, several times, and it retcons that poo poo out so everyone survived and still got all the gaidens, somehow.

• Locked thread