Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

merk posted:

I've only played one game my whole life.

I've played monopoly, sorry, don't wake daddy, hungry hungry hippos, trouble, checkers, chess and settlers of catan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

merk posted:

Ugh another scum game.

:crossarms:

merk posted:

This lynch will go down in history. Children will rise out of their hoverbeds in the middle of Bush Ocean (now Texas) and remember stories their grandpappies told them about where they were when they saw imgay's flip in [Mafia] Generic Mafia.

"I was at home in my boxers," one child's grandpappy said. He framed them.

CapitalistPig posted:

Setup 4

Framer

:colbert:

##vote Merk

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

Hey Magnus, thanks for coming in with that old game. It is a really impressive find and kudos to you for it. That said, I believe meta arguments are important. However, I think they are more effective when they are supported by actions of those players in the game.

Now let's look at merk and ecco and what they contributed so far. Oh wait, they haven't contributed anything but unapologetic poo poo postings that do nothing but insult the time and effort our host cpig put into this game. If they stay down this awful rabbit hole, I'd whole heartfelt agree with them being scum. Maybe put some effort in your posts and try to make the SA mafia community less lovely for all of us.

Would also vote imgay whose posts are clearly being ghostwritten by people in his scumdoc.

Or maybe not, but I think imgay is scum every game and I've never been right, so I feel like I'm kind of due.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

A bad vote! :v:

Would also vote TMM for not OMGUS'ing my vote on him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Would also vote TMM for not OMGUS'ing my vote on him.

Rude!

How am I ever supposed to move past that meta if nobody will ever let it go?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

:crossarms:

:colbert:

##vote Merk

Jolly good case, Holmes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Jolly good case, Holmes.

merk what are your thoughts on my quandary case

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

synx gambit succeeded

quandary/imgay scumteam confirmed.

you're welcome.

What does this mean for those of us not in the old school?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'm in that post and old-ish school and still don't know.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

Jolly good case, Holmes.

The only time I've ever seen you scumclaim (coincidentally in the last game CPig modded) you were scum and you made it to the end of the game despite everyone clamoring for a policy vote on you for it. In my mind it's not 100% out of the question that you might trying to one-up yourself by scumclaiming and then breadcrumbing your role. :shrug:

Surely a better case will come along in due course and I'll move my vote.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
The synx gambit is if you are asked if you're scum you say "I am scum"

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MG2 posted:

The synx gambit is if you are asked if you're scum you say "I am scum"

Wait, you say "I am scum" if you are town and if you say anything else you're scum? I swear I don't understand you Mafia-old-folk.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

Wait, you say "I am scum" if you are town and if you say anything else you're scum? I swear I don't understand you Mafia-old-folk.

it's pretty tried and true. Extra points for answering awkwardly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

merk what are your thoughts on my quandary case

What

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Merk are you still constrained by your phone posting problem that reared its head in soldiers?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I thought that his problem in soldiers was that he was scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote Bottleknight

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Murmur Twin posted:

Would also vote imgay whose posts are clearly being ghostwritten by people in his scumdoc.

Or maybe not, but I think imgay is scum every game and I've never been right, so I feel like I'm kind of due.

What a bad post. Would vote. Not because of the imgay hate, but because of the bad reasoning + waffling.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

##vote Bottleknight

go on

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

What a bad post. Would vote. Not because of the imgay hate, but because of the bad reasoning + waffling.

Bad or scummy?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quandary posted:

Merk are you still constrained by your phone posting problem that reared its head in soldiers?

Yes

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Would probably vote for this post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I looked over your post history, and saw this, which was the second imgay cheerleading post in a row from you:

BottleKnight posted:

imgay should remain in the game as long as he keeps this effortposting up.

If we don't reward this we may never see it again.

I mean, merk has a point.

It twigged me that you were mostly commentating, and I wanted to see how you might respond to a vote out of nowhere. Your response is null, but your other post saying you would vote MT makes me want to leave it there for now.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Quandary posted:

Would probably vote for this post.

Why?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

I looked over your post history, and saw this, which was the second imgay cheerleading post in a row from you:

It twigged me that you were mostly commentating, and I wanted to see how you might respond to a vote out of nowhere. Your response is null, but your other post saying you would vote MT makes me want to leave it there for now.

Specifically, why say you would vote someone when there is less than a day left? Just vote.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have the flu :(

I suggest we vote for imgay. Note how in a recent game he posted similarly to this one and flipped scum, whereas in a more other recent game he posted more casually and flipped town.

Ipso facto wacko jacko.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If you have what I had then I feel for you. That flu sucks.

I agree that imgay is a lot more reserved at the moment, but this thread isn't exactly bursting at the seams with content.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

70% gut, to be completely honest. The rest is that MMT's post seems completely harmless and BK's push feels real artificial

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
What game was imgay scum in where he posted coherently?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

If you have what I had then I feel for you. That flu sucks.

this isn't as bad as the flu I had last winter but it's still kinda icky. my fever is pretty low, it's mostly just lots of congestion and feeling in a daze and tired and sore.

Quandary posted:

kashuno's! it's still ongoing (but I haven't read much of any of it other than imgay flipping scum and a few posts before his flip but it Fits The Pattern!!!)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm reading through his post history in that game, and I can't figure out what his deal is this game with the really serious posting that he is doing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

this isn't as bad as the flu I had last winter but it's still kinda icky. my fever is pretty low, it's mostly just lots of congestion and feeling in a daze and tired and sore.

Yeah, my fever was floating around 101 for about a day and a half. After that, all I was left with was a dizzy feeling for the rest of the week and congestion.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quandary posted:

Do you think this is actually worth investigating? This looks fake.

##vote Quandary

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not being more reserved, I am just putting more effort into my posting. If you want to talk about over reserved players, look at both Jose and Flying Leatherman. Both of them have barely even participated in this game of mafia.

EccoRaven posted:

kashuno's! it's still ongoing (but I haven't read much of any of it other than imgay flipping scum and a few posts before his flip but it Fits The Pattern!!!)

On this point you are mistaken in both me being scum and posting coherently. I was a death miller in that game(which has already flipped correctly) and I poo poo posted constantly in that game to the point where I had multiple posts of me just going "bark bark" as if I was a dog.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

I have the flu :(

I suggest we vote for imgay. Note how in a recent game he posted similarly to this one and flipped scum, whereas in a more other recent game he posted more casually and flipped town.

Ipso facto wacko jacko.

It seems to me that the change in posting style is just a new thing that's going on this game. It's good, I like it, but I certainly don't read it as a scumtell. With his usual posting style, it's a super obvious change, too; I don't think that a scum player, in general, would change his posting style so dramatically.

Right now, I think MG2's got the one post that stands out to me the most on D1. It seems like he took the merk/ecco thing seriously, but the "supporting evidence" game, after looking through, bears no resemblance to this one other than that merk and ecco were both in it. Unless they claim :siren: CONFIRMED TOWN MASONS again...yeah, I'm just not seeing it. It feels disingenuous to bring it up without explaining why there are any similarities between these two games.

##vote MG2

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Flying Leatherman posted:

It seems to me that the change in posting style is just a new thing that's going on this game. It's good, I like it, but I certainly don't read it as a scumtell. With his usual posting style, it's a super obvious change, too; I don't think that a scum player, in general, would change his posting style so dramatically.

Right now, I think MG2's got the one post that stands out to me the most on D1. It seems like he took the merk/ecco thing seriously, but the "supporting evidence" game, after looking through, bears no resemblance to this one other than that merk and ecco were both in it. Unless they claim :siren: CONFIRMED TOWN MASONS again...yeah, I'm just not seeing it. It feels disingenuous to bring it up without explaining why there are any similarities between these two games.

##vote MG2

They were scum together in that game

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think we all grasp that fact.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

MG2 posted:

...And what about that makes you think that they are scum together in this game?

I explained, in the post you quoted, why that is a really weird conclusion to draw.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Flying Leatherman posted:

##vote MG2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Haha whoops double post

• Locked thread