Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

I guess I should probably sign up for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Make this game happen soon please

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Are we going to be told which of those setups we are playing?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

I cannot possibly be that scary.

I beg to differ

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

I don't think I had a huge influence on the game--for me that's something like Merk singlehanded lye shifting the vote off Punt and onto Meinberg. I just kind of hid and let people like Sinistral do their thing.

Whether you had a huge influence on the game or not, the fact that you managed to stay alive for 5 days with effectively zero suspicion, while posting regularly is an impressive scum game. By the nature of scum your goal is to stay alive, and in that sense you did an exceptional job.

Even the last day when it was just you and KoB left, I still was strongly considering that maybe it was KoB because I thought it was so unlikely you were scum. Until you posted your great flavor post, at least.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

##Vote Max

Jocastan scum

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Quandary posted:

##Vote Max

Jocastan scum

I've been wanting to make that vote for like a month it feels so good to finally do it.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

MG2 is literally the only one in this game who wasn't in soldiers, sorry if things are a bit confusing.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

imgay posted:

A policy vote is not a pro-town vote, please reconsider your voting stance in terms of this being a healthy mafia game.

I...actually agree with imgay? And the post was properly punctuated and capitalized as well!

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

imgay and quandary scumteam?

Goddamnit I was hoping to keep that under wraps

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

quandary are you scum

Negative.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

merk posted:

How are you the Lord of Hats but your avatar doesn't even have a hat?

This is a pretty good point actually.

Also, y'know, Hats should die early for everyones sake

##Vote hats

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

I'm in that post and old-ish school and still don't know.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Merk are you still constrained by your phone posting problem that reared its head in soldiers?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

What a bad post. Would vote. Not because of the imgay hate, but because of the bad reasoning + waffling.

Would probably vote for this post.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

70% gut, to be completely honest. The rest is that MMT's post seems completely harmless and BK's push feels real artificial

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

What game was imgay scum in where he posted coherently?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Sorry I missed the deadline, time zones are confusing and I somehow lost a day and thought it was this morning. Going to go re-read it now a bit closer.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

I think I'm going to ##Vote Jose as well actually. Not because he voted merk, but because of his insistence and bad case on imgay. It's fun to make 'policy lynch imgay' posts in joke vote but once you're holding onto it until literally the last 5 minutes of day 1 its a bad easy case.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

I know you weren't joking, that's the bad part. Genuinely pursuing an imgay policy lynch when imgay is one of the more prolific posters at this point (somehow) is scummy, and an actively bad lynch.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

"Bad" vote or not, I said I was going to do it before roles went out, I changed my vote to avoid no kill, and I'm not currently voting him.

Regardless of what you said before role pm's came out, it doesn't change that a role effects how you play after the role pm.

Do you still think we should lynch imgay?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Who do you think is scummy?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Even if Imgay was shitposting, I still think it's a bad call to policy lynch him. Given that he's contributing, it's even worse of a plan.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I would still like to kill imgay on principle. If I was scum he'd be dead.

This is an absolutely terrible point and you know that. Are you actually going to try to make this claim as a certainty?

quote:

I think Max is scummy based on his terrible claim that I'm scum and swooped in at 3 minutes to the deadline to kill merk instead of letting us no kill

Agreed here Max's case is pretty poor. Lynching merk over no-lynching is not a bad thing to do.

The Lord of Hats posted:

he was more active than he was in soldiers game before I shanked him in battle.

You just gotta keep rubbing it in don't you :(

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

As to this point, I 100% disagree. He coasted by doing jack poo poo in Soldiers for most of the game and nobody wanted to kill him because he was just a poo poo poster. If he'd been scum he would have coasted to victory because nobody wants to kill a poo poo poster who isn't participating. The only reason I'm not pushing harder for him to be the d2 kill is because while I think the comments about his effort are giving him way too much credit at least he's not pure poo poo posting and is actually commenting on the game.

I love how your case against him is "he's not going to do anything but poo poo post" but you don't want to vote him because "he's not poo poo posting." Do you not see how that's ridiculous?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Quandary posted:

I love how your case against him is "he's not going to do anything but poo poo post" but you don't want to vote him because "he's not poo poo posting." Do you not see how that's ridiculous?

To clarify on this post because I missed a sentence. It's bad that you make the case on imgay then when you're called on it you back off a bit by admitting your case is actually non-existent, but you're still continuing to push it regardless.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Ecco why should we vote magnus?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

I've changed my opinion on ecco, I think she's a misguided townie because I don't think she'd double down this hard on policy lynches as scum. ##unvote

Also, ecco, I'm anti policy lynches always and have been in literally every game irrespective of alignment. Even in soldiers I was anti imgay policy lynch, even before I had a result.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

you thought I was scum?

you were voting jose...

I...don't have a good answer for that one. I got confused because you both were advocating policy lynches and I forgot which policy lyncher I was voting. This is embarrassing.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Back ##Vote Jose

I woke up this morning and read the thread and knew I was voting based primarily on a scummy read on a policy lyncher, and reading through I got confused because Ecco was also advocating policy lynching, though reading I didn't think the way Ecco was advocating it was scummy. It makes way more sense why my gut says that because I never actually had a scum read on Ecco at all, it was on Jose. I'm happy with my vote still on Jose on re-read because he's advocating the imgay lynch until called out on it, at which point he backs off but continues to wafflely push it.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Re-reading MG2 I think it's a pretty good vote and I'd be ok with. It feels like MG is here but failing to contribute, intentionally avoiding giving any real opinions. I'm not going to vote him because that would be hammer and I don't know its necessary to hammer this early. I still think Jose is a better lynch, but I'm not sure what I can do to convince people of that.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Yep nope ##vote SSV.

I'm the vig, I shot Jose last night. I really thought he was scum and unfortunately was wrong, sorry Jose :(

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

I'll post in a hour or two, right now I'm sitting and watching a bunch of children learn a science lesson I developed which is pretty cool actually.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I really thought Jose was scum and I figured it would be better to do a vig today when if it failed it wouldn't lose us the game.

Look at how SSV claims the vig. It's immediately defensive, because he knew he would get counterclaimed. A town vig claim doesn't start on the defensive, because a town player knows that it will confirm him as town.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

While SSV has expressed a tiny bit of suspicion on Jose, it's nothing in comparison to how muchI have. If I'm the scum, it's basically saying that I got ultra lucky and the guy who I've been railing against all game happened to be the vig kill. Alternately, I'm town and vigged the guy who I've been calling scum all game.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Max posted:

I am actually more bothered by Quandary swooping in the moment after the vig claimed.

I posted to claim my vig whenever i woke up saw the thread was open. You know I'm abroad, my post was at like 8 am my time.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Re read SSV's vig claim post. He knew he was going to be counter claimed and immediately went on the defensive, explaining why he would have vigged Jose before anyone evn asked the question.

Town wouldn't do that. Town would claim the vig and expect to not be counter claimed, and as such wouldnt defend themselves immediately.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Also I flew to Luang Prabang, Laos today and it's cool as poo poo. If you ever get the opportunity to come here I would highly recommend it.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Max you yourself acknowledge that most of the reason you're voting me is WIFOM. You realize WIFOM makes for bad cases right? 90% of the time the most obvious case is the correct one and people over think themselves oit of the right answer. Occam's razor is a thing and it works.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Max posted:

Why are you all harping on that one point?

The vast majority of your post was "Wifom" and "it's so weird that Q posted after he woke up isn't that suspicious?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

##vote SSV still has to be scum.

While I'm hesitant to trust the cop results as well, given we have both a godfather and a framer, I do think Max is probably scum from the way he's pushing so hard in favor of SSV over me. It feels a lot like in Soldiers when we were trying to lynch QPQ in lylo and his entire team was fighting tooth and nail against it. If you look back at yesterday, the only people who very strongly opinionated about me vs SSV, aside from us two ourselves, were Max and chaoslord. It makes sense for chaoslord as he has a role related reason to believe me, but Max very strongly pushes against me and makes a very questionable case. I find it really hard to believe that a town Max would have pushed so hard without any sense of questioning, which leaves me to believe he's pushing to save his scum buddy SSV.

• Locked thread