Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Sign me up.

Thinking about quitting imgays game now tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't see CCKeane on the sign up sheet at all actually

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Confirming.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I mean I was a deserter, I incurred quite a bit of shame on the Bottle family.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

synx gambit succeeded

quandary/imgay scumteam confirmed.

you're welcome.

bag 'em and tag 'em posts are only valid if you use the :clint: smilie, sorry.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I am really enjoying these imgay posts but am not hopeful that he will be able to keep it up.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay should remain in the game as long as he keeps this effortposting up.

If we don't reward this we may never see it again.

I mean, merk has a point.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Would also vote imgay whose posts are clearly being ghostwritten by people in his scumdoc.

Or maybe not, but I think imgay is scum every game and I've never been right, so I feel like I'm kind of due.

What a bad post. Would vote. Not because of the imgay hate, but because of the bad reasoning + waffling.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

##vote Bottleknight

go on

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Bad or scummy?

Scummy.

Max posted:

Specifically, why say you would vote someone when there is less than a day left? Just vote.

It wasn't some heinous thing dude, it was me saying I would vote Murmur Twin. In fact, I will!

##vote murmurtwin

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Aced my test. Much less busy. Ready to mafia.

Why are people focusing on the dude trying to get the lunch away from someone who flipped town?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MG2 posted:

Who're you referring to?

Sorry I phrased it wrong. I was referring to Jose but should've said "who tried," not trying.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ecco can you explain why you've called me scummy like 5 times now but still want to vote magnus? That makes, like, opposite sense.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Isn't killing lurkers/shitposters that are alignment-neutral actually bad for town?

If you call someone scum over and over, but fail to make a case on them, and in fact case someone who you just think is a bad poster... that seems pretty scummy.

##vote ecco

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Everyone should vote Ecco. She makes a lot of observations and then goes for the dumbest possible case. It reads like a scum poster with fake opinions trying their hardest to seem active. It's a forced case.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

Yeah, BK I'm trying to reconcile you coming in and calling out Ecco and not someone like me who was giving more effort in looking at you yesterday. It feels like you're only going after Ecco right now because they are the person that most recently mentioned your name.

Yeah but you actually voted me and are not pushing some other, far worse case instead of me. You're actually scumhunting. Ecco is literally not scumhunting at all, she just wants to 'cut the chaff.'

I'm town, but for someone to say I'm scum and that they would vote me D1 and then instead stay on this bad Magnus case into D2 is scummy. It's forced.

And yes Ecco, 5 times was an exaggeration. But you keep saying you'd vote for someone and then staying on this bad case.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ecco is tied for post count leader and everything she's said this game is white noise. Even the Lumpen List is an attempt to show how much she is following the game without actually playing it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I think I know what you're doing if you're town and I'm telling you it's a good idea but you chose the exact wrong person to do it to, you should really consider changing up your strategy!

what

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

"I am going to get into the game by picking a fight with an active poster, making a case against them, and rolling with the punches over it."

It's a pretty common strategy for town to motivate themselves in a game that's stagnating.

I tried to come up with a way to disagree with this without insulting myself.

Regardless, I disagree with this and find it very condescending.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ecco's starting to read like scum who is annoyed they're being cased so early despite their activity.

Your ecco gambit is bad and isn't good for town. Vote for who you think is scum, please, and if that is still Magnus then fine, but just say so.

Even in a vacuum, voting for alignment-neutral posters takes very necessary tools away from the town. Like reasonable scumhunting.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I didn't agree with Ecco's condescension re: my case, so therefore scum?

It's like you don't want to be caught in an OMGUS, Ecco, so instead you're just spinning your wheels endlessly in an attempt to dismiss it.

EccoRaven posted:

it's one thing to dismiss a case against you without addressing its merits; it's another to dismiss it for being bad, explaining why, and then coming up with alternate theories other than just "scum!! SCUMMMMMMMMmmmmm"

yes but both are dismissals and you read more like you're throwing theories at the wall than actually really thinking anything. Am I scum for casing you or town? I'm probably scum, based entirely on my reaction to your dismissal. But don't forget that I came up with an entirely different theory where BK is town, so I didn't just dismiss it haphazardly, I gave it the greatest of care.

You're scum, Ecco.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

yes but both are dismissals and you read more like you're throwing theories at the wall than actually really thinking anything. Am I scum for casing you or town? I'm probably scum, based entirely on my reaction to your dismissal. But don't forget that I came up with an entirely different theory where BK is town, so I didn't just dismiss it haphazardly, I gave it the greatest of care.

On a reread the grammar of this paragraph is misleading and bad so let me rephrase.

The "Am I scum for casing you or town? I'm probably scum, based entirely on my reaction to your dismissal." is me talking about myself. The "But don't forget that I came up with an entirely different theory where BK is town, so I didn't just dismiss it haphazardly, I gave it the greatest of care." is you talking about yourself. I should've fixed that but I didn't, life goes on etc

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

this is a nonsense paragraph. a lot of words that say nothing.

I pretty clearly state that you aren't committing to any of your scumhunting. This is scummy because instead of scumhunting you want to just vote out alingment-neutral posters. It makes you look like you are helping the town when you aren't at all.

EccoRaven posted:

I think there's a good chance you're scum. I think there is a possibility you're town, because the reasons why I think you're scum aren't 100%, and I wanted to see if you were doing a (very reasonable) town strategy.

what are you even trying to say here? That it's scummy to admit you're not 100% confident about a case? it's just a lot of incoherent words.

I still don't even get your theory on why I'm town.

And no, it's scummy to call posts and people scummy while resting your vote on Magnus, someone who you have given no indication of thinking they are scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I think what you mean to say is, it's scummy that I didn't come out of the gate accusing you as soon as I thought something was fishy, which is a bad way to play the game.

A lot of your post hinges on this idea so I'm just going to spell it out again: You are scummy because you say you have scum feelings but instead of posting cases on these people (ie scumhunting) you are going for this ecco gambit thing which allows you hide and hedge while maintaining a high post count. You are taking parts of my case and saying that's the whole, which is wrong.

And since the rest of your post is just calling my case bad, I'm just going to ignore it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:shrug:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

- BK, if scum, should be jumping with joy at the thought of lunching MG, because that would honestly be an easy vote. He's not. That either means, to me, that BK is town and has reservations about essentially following along with lunching low content players (this has it's own issues early on) or BK is scum and MG is his scum buddy.

This is scummy logic. Not only does it implicate me as scum if MG flips scum (that's the real bad part here, the chain lynching potential, not the lynch for activity part) but it also is bad logic, so it's still pretty easy to mark me as scum if he flips town.

Basically, tying me to MG is really bad and manipulative. ##vote Max

I'll abandon the Ecco vote for now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Actually, if Max were scum he would know who wasn't scum. I know that seems obvious but it kind of ruins my suspicion.

I need to think more about this. ##unvote

I do think it's really bad logic though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

Not really. If he flips town I'd say that paints things in a better light for you. I'm not sure why you're claiming the opposite, when I clearly didn't say that.

Yeah but Ecco immediately made the logical conclusion that that makes no sense, scum would love keeping MG around.

I don't think your reasoning is scummy anymore, though. Just wrong. Obviously I have more information about this (ie my alignment) than you but still.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I may have to do some rereading.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

chaoslord posted:

BottleKnight still scum

#vote ssv

just a bad post through and through, don't vote lol

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

go on

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

On a reread, I don't get how you think any of that Max.

That whole "I think his scumbuddies would've come to defend him" is the WIFOMiest part of your case, not the "I expect a better defense."

I actually agree with this Quandary post

Quandary posted:

Re read SSV's vig claim post. He knew he was going to be counter claimed and immediately went on the defensive, explaining why he would have vigged Jose before anyone evn asked the question.

Town wouldn't do that. Town would claim the vig and expect to not be counter claimed, and as such wouldnt defend themselves immediately.

and even though chaoslord is wrong I think he has the right choice. Consider my vote on vimes, but I don't wanna gently caress up the game and actually vote like chaoslord.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

chaoslord, do you think Max and I are both scum or do you concede the possibility of a framer?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I hope town's ready to lose the game. 3 players immediately saying they'd be fine lynching me just because of my content is not code for something. I have no idea why Max is so sure he was framed but if there is a framer and that is the reason I was copped as scum, then scum have done a pretty immaculate job wrapping up this game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

Were you not paying attention to all the discussion on the previous day? They has to be a framer in this setup, along with a godfather.

People mentioned it, but I didn't think it was certainty. Can you pull the post for me where someone proves we're in that setup?

I don't really care about setup spec unless it's proven. Otherwise it's the wifomiest of wifom

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm VT, I haven't been paying attention to the layout.

I didn't see the cop claim and immediately run out to the OP to compare setups. I just play mafia.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

This game is so slow, I can't believe you actually expected me to expend the effort at LYLO. I'm done with this game, whatever.

##vote BK

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I got a PM from SSV yesterday that said to fake a meltdown so exactly what happened today would happen. Glad it worked out.

Good game all.

• Locked thread