Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Here to take my drubbing, because I know I earned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

Is it too early to ##vote LoH?

It is always too soon for that.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

I'm worried not voting LoH right away will be a scum tell, if he is scum.

I cannot possibly be that scary.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

SPOILER ALERT: They are not very good

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Quandary posted:

I beg to differ

I don't think I had a huge influence on the game--for me that's something like Merk singlehanded lye shifting the vote off Punt and onto Meinberg. I just kind of hid and let people like Sinistral do their thing.

MG2 posted:

Hats am i good?

Yes, if you believe in yourself.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Imgay's posting has me feeling like I should be checking for a full moon or something.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

merk posted:

How are you the Lord of Hats but your avatar doesn't even have a hat?

:mad:

##vote merk

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

Like, I was joking with my ecco vote but it looks like MG took it seriously?

Yeah, I don't particularly like the look of that. Is MG a mafia regular?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I don't think I can articulate it very well--part of it is probably just that I'm coming off of a game where we had a confirmed town the whole game and I was scum, but for me at least there was always an impulse, when somebody I reckoned to be pretty good expressed even idle suspicion, to try and stoke that with some little bit of supporting evidence. I spent a lot of time trying to make things that would otherwise confirm people as town look less bulletproof. Responding to somebody's jokevote with "Hm, I think you are right, here I will make a case on them (insofar as you can make a case this early)". That post I could look past, but trying to draw attention back to that just...eh. Gives me an uneasy feeling, I guess?

But then, if you've got actual Mafia chops, then I suppose you wouldn't do something so blatant that I could pick up on it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Alternate universe Imgay makes a compelling case. Although actually, I do remember that before he died early in Jojos mafia, he was more active than he was in soldiers game before I shanked him in battle.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

Random observation made in the middle of a work meeting: Hats' lack of posts makes me feel like he is town, strangely enough.

It's because I'm less confident. In Qal I already knew who the scum was, so I had the benefit of certainty--I could look for whatever pretty much, or see somebody else's case and piggyback on that, because I knew I was going along with a townie (who was wrong). Here, I'm hesitant about "Oh no what if I'm agreeing with a scum!" so I post less.

Still don't like MG2, though.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Looking over MG2's post history, besides the "wow, there's not much here", my main reaction is that he does the whole "making reference to things that didn't happen" thing that I distrust so much.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

MG2 posted:

This post from Ecco seems to be awkwardly defending Ecco from the accusatory post I made w/r/t Ecco.

##vote Ecco

The accusatory post in question being "Hey, remember this one time when Merk and Ecco were a scumteam"? It's just... nothing.

##vote MG2

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hey now, I agree with you! I'm not nobody!

But yeah, if there's one thing that soldiers game has taught me, it's that scum *love* active posters getting lynched. The more lurkers or low-content posters around at the end, the more targets the active posters have to pick from.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I agree that we lynch tonight--what it comes down to is weighing whether we value the chance at additional info for this single lynch more than we value having an extra town going past today, and I don't think we do. If we no-lynch, I think we put ourselves in permanent LYLO going forward, right?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

There's three scum, not two.

And no, I am not scum.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I'm kind of in the same line of thinking. Reread time, I guess.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

Of who? There are a lot of opinions expressed.

You, regarding SSV on the no-lynch argument.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Alright, reread both Quandary and SSV.

I've got nothing. Just... nothing.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised that they'd have picked him. He seemed like a good target for a mislynch later on.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Just getting a post in to show that I was, in fact, here.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Thanks for throwing down an immediate vote in LYLO, Max :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

Where the hell were you! If you were around and I wasn't so worried about dealing with you not being here I wouldn't have done that.

I had just seen Quandary's plea to me and FL, and had started my reread :(

But yeah, I'm not free of blame, I was way too disengaged this game. I need to limit myself to one game at once.

• Locked thread