Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I will play as long as people don't mind that I'm still mid-move and 90% phonebound for at least the start of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote TMM

:colbert:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

Ugh another scum game.

:crossarms:

merk posted:

This lynch will go down in history. Children will rise out of their hoverbeds in the middle of Bush Ocean (now Texas) and remember stories their grandpappies told them about where they were when they saw imgay's flip in [Mafia] Generic Mafia.

"I was at home in my boxers," one child's grandpappy said. He framed them.

CapitalistPig posted:

Setup 4

Framer

:colbert:

##vote Merk

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

Hey Magnus, thanks for coming in with that old game. It is a really impressive find and kudos to you for it. That said, I believe meta arguments are important. However, I think they are more effective when they are supported by actions of those players in the game.

Now let's look at merk and ecco and what they contributed so far. Oh wait, they haven't contributed anything but unapologetic poo poo postings that do nothing but insult the time and effort our host cpig put into this game. If they stay down this awful rabbit hole, I'd whole heartfelt agree with them being scum. Maybe put some effort in your posts and try to make the SA mafia community less lovely for all of us.

Would also vote imgay whose posts are clearly being ghostwritten by people in his scumdoc.

Or maybe not, but I think imgay is scum every game and I've never been right, so I feel like I'm kind of due.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

A bad vote! :v:

Would also vote TMM for not OMGUS'ing my vote on him.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

synx gambit succeeded

quandary/imgay scumteam confirmed.

you're welcome.

What does this mean for those of us not in the old school?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

Jolly good case, Holmes.

The only time I've ever seen you scumclaim (coincidentally in the last game CPig modded) you were scum and you made it to the end of the game despite everyone clamoring for a policy vote on you for it. In my mind it's not 100% out of the question that you might trying to one-up yourself by scumclaiming and then breadcrumbing your role. :shrug:

Surely a better case will come along in due course and I'll move my vote.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

MG2 posted:

The synx gambit is if you are asked if you're scum you say "I am scum"

Wait, you say "I am scum" if you are town and if you say anything else you're scum? I swear I don't understand you Mafia-old-folk.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

What a bad post. Would vote. Not because of the imgay hate, but because of the bad reasoning + waffling.

Bad or scummy?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Scummy.

It wasn't some heinous thing dude, it was me saying I would vote Murmur Twin. In fact, I will!

##vote murmurtwin

Phone posting from spotty Internet -

BKs case on me feels forced in that I can't believe he read my post on imgay and saw it as anything other than goofing around (like what would the scum motivation for it be?) but I can't tell if it's a scummy or wrong.

##vote BK

Merk, what makes you think quandary is scum?

I see what Ecco is saying re: MG but don't think it's necessarily scummy (it's d1 in a content-light game so meta cases border on "fair game"

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hi folks I am in an awkward position where I have moved to a town where I have no cellphone reception and it's going to be a week before I can get in-home internet installed. The library where I can use wifi is 15m from my house so it might be awhile before I'm posting up to my usual norm.

I'll take time tomorrow to catch up and make some cases. Sorry about this!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Murmur Twin - has been moving but if she can't participate more fully she should get replaced.

I fully agree :eng99: I requested a replacement, unfortunately it's going to be like a week before I'm going to have any reliable ability to contribute to the game. Sorry about that, all.

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's because I'm less confident. In Qal I already knew who the scum was, so I had the benefit of certainty--I could look for whatever pretty much, or see somebody else's case and piggyback on that, because I knew I was going along with a townie (who was wrong). Here, I'm hesitant about "Oh no what if I'm agreeing with a scum!" so I post less.

Still don't like MG2, though.

I had a scum read on Hats until this explanation but this changed my mind because it sounds like something town-me would say.

My two biggest reads right now based on general feel are BK and SSV.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Haha I forgot my role was named after me, sorry I couldn't contribute and thanks to chaoslord for subbing in.

Max - don't sweat it, we've all been there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I fully agree :eng99: I requested a replacement, unfortunately it's going to be like a week before I'm going to have any reliable ability to contribute to the game. Sorry about that, all.

I had a scum read on Hats until this explanation but this changed my mind because it sounds like something town-me would say.

My two biggest reads right now based on general feel are BK and SSV.

Hahaha ahhh man apparently I'm better at picking scum when I'm half-engaged than I am when I try.

• Locked thread