Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

you may not know it but I am a player in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imo imgay d1 then hats d2 if the cop says hats is scum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

nah ##vote imgay

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay and quandary scumteam?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

quandary are you scum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quandary posted:

Negative.

synx gambit succeeded

quandary/imgay scumteam confirmed.

you're welcome.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

"I was at home in my boxers," one child's grandpappy said. He framed them.

you should put on pants

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I approve of your advanced trolling but it's pretty obvious you are the scum here I am sorry you don't have enough self-awareness to see it

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Jolly good case, Holmes.

merk what are your thoughts on my quandary case

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

Wait, you say "I am scum" if you are town and if you say anything else you're scum? I swear I don't understand you Mafia-old-folk.

it's pretty tried and true. Extra points for answering awkwardly.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I have the flu :(

I suggest we vote for imgay. Note how in a recent game he posted similarly to this one and flipped scum, whereas in a more other recent game he posted more casually and flipped town.

Ipso facto wacko jacko.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

If you have what I had then I feel for you. That flu sucks.

this isn't as bad as the flu I had last winter but it's still kinda icky. my fever is pretty low, it's mostly just lots of congestion and feeling in a daze and tired and sore.

Quandary posted:

What game was imgay scum in where he posted coherently?

kashuno's! it's still ongoing (but I haven't read much of any of it other than imgay flipping scum and a few posts before his flip but it Fits The Pattern!!!)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

On this point you are mistaken in both me being scum and posting coherently. I was a death miller in that game(which has already flipped correctly) and I poo poo posted constantly in that game to the point where I had multiple posts of me just going "bark bark" as if I was a dog.

welp

##vote quandary round 2 fight

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

It wasn't some heinous thing dude, it was me saying I would vote Murmur Twin. In fact, I will!

##vote murmurtwin

this is a bad post too

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

this push on merk is bad and not good.

I could vote for BK but if day 1 is a "cut the chaff" day then

##vote mg

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

your "case" on me and merk is bad.

you refuse to explain it when prompted.

you continue to bring it up as if you're being serious.

chaff.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MG2 posted:

I never refused to explain it when prompted.

Where did I continue to bring it up?

when flying leatherman asked you for clarification you dodged it:

MG2 posted:

Haha whoops double post

you have brought it up frequently:

MG2 posted:

Also are you going to claim confirmed town masons with merk today?

MG2 posted:

What do you think of the evidence I brought to the table w/r/t Ecco and merk being a scumteam

chaff.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

magnus do you have any thoughts on the game at all? or do you just like asking people questions about cases?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Jose Valasquez posted:

Have people forgotten that we haven't executed imgay yet? Because he's still alive for some reason.

imgay is trying to post though, I know we were totally psyched for a day 1 imgay vote but it's looking like a day 1 magnus vote is going to be just as good if not better.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MG2 posted:

This post from Ecco seems to be awkwardly defending Ecco from the accusatory post I made w/r/t Ecco.

this was very obviously directed to imgay

MG2 posted:

I haven't really formulated ideas on people since I didn't expect having to claim it was a fake case now. I'll have to do some re-reading

it was very obviously not a real case, dear.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

deadline is in 15 minutes tmm

vote for mg

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I am not going to vote for merk on day 1.

Vote for mg tmm.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

the case is that he's worthless and it's better to remove him now rather than sit on our hands going :effort: later.

the only thing you can disagree about it is that it's better to leave worthless players around all game and I sure hope you don't think that.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

you did

MG2 posted:

This post from Ecco seems to be awkwardly defending Ecco from the accusatory post I made w/r/t Ecco.

##vote Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Jose Valasquez posted:

Why is merk scum?

there aren't good reasons but you should vote for magnus though he's like imgay but better.

deadline is in 5 minutes woop

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

this is dumbbb

##vote merk

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

if magnus knew who he was voting for he could vote for merk and then someone else could come in and hammer.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

good job tmm

##vote magnus day 2 challenge accepted

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I am going to make fun of tmm knowing he can't respond.

TMM smells like moldy cheeseburgers but his friends and family are so used to him smelling worse that they haven't said anything about it.

TMM looks at his life's accomplishments and realizes "I made waffles this morning" isn't an accomplishment.

TMM dances so badly he tells people he has "two left feet" but in truth he has normal feet, just no coordination.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I am like 67% that Jose is town.

I think Jose you should join me for a magnus vote, final appeal before I start moving on.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quandary posted:

Ecco why should we vote magnus?

because he's posting but he's barely present in the game. see: yesterday, where he forgot he made a vote for me a few hours (maybe even minutes?) after he did so.

It is good to vote out players like that. At best they're town liabilities, at worst they're scum who will never be given a second glance.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MAFIA GAME let's BREAK THIS DOWN WOO

okay so I am going to categorize players into two groups, the worthless and the not necessarily worthless. it should be obvious who falls into which group even at a glance.

THE WORTHLESS:
TMM, ultra-worthless (moved a vote onto a townie and then got himself killed, gj tmm)

MG2, posts occasionally but is never "present" in the thread. Forgot a vote he made less than an hour after he made it.

imgay. For all his bluster he hasn't actually done much this game so far. I can't recall a specific opinion he's had that wasn't couched on "I am town how dare people be votin' me."

Sir Sam Vimes is apparently in this game. I could not have told you that. He should post more and better.

THE NOT NECESSARILY WORTHLESS:

hm this has become a less fruitful analysis than I expected going into this post.

BottleKnight - non-entity this game, what little he has posted has been scummy (his case on murmur without a vote e.g.)
EccoRaven - the towniest town to town a town
Flying Leatherman - came for the clutch with a merk vote yesterday, gets points in my book.
Jose Valasquez - I get townie feelings from jose. I feel like scum jose WOULD have tried to kill imgay last night.
Max - neutral
Murmur Twin - has been moving but if she can't participate more fully she should get replaced.
Quandary - I have been getting scummy vibes from him all game.
The Lord of Hats - neutral

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

Isn't killing lurkers/shitposters that are alignment-neutral actually bad for town?

no.

quote:

If you call someone scum over and over, but fail to make a case on them, and in fact case someone who you just think is a bad poster... that seems pretty scummy.

nah also I haven't been calling you scum "over and over." I said once at the end of day 1 that I would vote for you, but I didn't think it was likely we could muster the votes on you AND I wanted to cut chaff first.

I think this vote is super reactionary and OMGUS and is really bad BK sorry!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

here is my exciting super-awesome case on bottleknight I made that's totally better than voting out magnus:

EccoRaven posted:

this is a bad post too

:aaaaa:

you have caught me bottleknight. my petard is hoisted.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

I mostly agree with you, but are your feelings on Quandary just vibes or do they go beyond that? Because I haven't really been getting that feeling myself.

I feel like his "I refuse to vote for policy lunches!" stance is really fake. It feels like what he thinks townies would do rather than what he actually feels. Especially if it turns out imgay and/or magnus are scum, it's a very safe way to deflect heat from a scumbuddy.

I dunno it's just something about him. I can't really explain it but nothing he's posted so far has felt genuine, it feels like it is crafted from the perspective of someone trying to do what they think townies would do.

Also the synx gambit, it rarely fails, it has as high a success rate as the rolleyes principle.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah but you actually voted me and are not pushing some other, far worse case instead of me. You're actually scumhunting. Ecco is literally not scumhunting at all, she just wants to 'cut the chaff.'

I'm town, but for someone to say I'm scum and that they would vote me D1 and then instead stay on this bad Magnus case into D2 is scummy. It's forced.

And yes Ecco, 5 times was an exaggeration. But you keep saying you'd vote for someone and then staying on this bad case.

magnus is not actually a bad case :eng101:

I found the flaw in your thinking, praise me. And I didn't "keep saying it," I said "you made a bad post" then I said, once "I would vote BK but I'd rather XYZ instead." And then I mentioned I still felt like you were scummy.

I vaguely see where you're coming from but you're grossly exaggerating it.

SirSamVimes posted:

While I agree that I have been pretty useless this game, it seems weird to categorise people based on how active they've been in the game instead of how scummy they are.

nope it's actually pretty sensible, esp. in a game where we almost no-hanged day 1 because people aren't playing mafia. it is the heart and soul of the ecco gambit, which is named for me, because it's something I like to do and it's generally a good idea way more often than not.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

Ecco is tied for post count leader and everything she's said this game is white noise. Even the Lumpen List is an attempt to show how much she is following the game without actually playing it.

it's not really a lumpen list.

few people are playing the game so far.

I think I know what you're doing if you're town and I'm telling you it's a good idea but you chose the exact wrong person to do it to, you should really consider changing up your strategy!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

Haven't seen a good old fashioned Ecco gambit in a while.

it is an open secret that I ecco gambit most games I'm in, even if I don't call it as such. mafia players have such an aversion to voting out non-entities early on, even if in a vacuum they agree it's better for the game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

"I am going to get into the game by picking a fight with an active poster, making a case against them, and rolling with the punches over it."

It's a pretty common strategy for town to motivate themselves in a game that's stagnating.

SirSamVimes posted:

I decided to look up ecco gambit on the mafia wiki. Ecco did you write that?

nope but I invented the concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SirSamVimes posted:

Also, I find the fact that you are declaring a case against you to just be a "picking a fight with town" gambit kinda suspicious.

it's not a good case. It exaggerates my actual post history to make a point that isn't even that strong if it were true. It came out of nowhere.

I think my interpretation is very reasonable.

How is it "kinda suspicious" anyway? What does that even mean? Do you think scum are more likely than town to address cases against them?

• Locked thread