Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

stev posted:

Just me that absolutely adores that disc then?

Nah I really like it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Put me down as a Bangers and Mash fan and IR disc-2 enjoyer.

The way Bangers and Mash is arranged kind of reminds me of a Cake song with addition/subtraction of different parts for different verses. Wouldn't have fit on IR but it's definitely a top 10 B-side for me.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
IR Disc 2 has a lot of great stuff but it's basically a collection of B-sides, not exactly a cohesive album. And Last Flowers isn't even from the In Rainbows sessions, it's an outtake from the The Eraser.

It's kind of a pity the live version of Down Is The New Up never got recorded, as the studio version has kind of a primitive arrangement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEGmTQy1KhU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
go slowly is the most underrated radiohead song

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
It is, it’s so simplistically gorgeous. I like it when Thom goes “oh heck it” and just sings nicely

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Down is the New Up feels like it should slot into the Classics tier of Radiohead songs (or maybe just below), but it seems to mostly get overlooked.

Big fan of the production choices on Up On the Ladder too. You can tell they'd been having cracks at that for a while, it's got echoes of both Kid Amnesiac and HTTT.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n489zkNfjvE

This Smile album is gonna be dope whenever it finally comes out

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Jonny just mentioned at the end of an interview in The New Yorker that Radiohead doesn’t have anything in the works

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Jewmanji posted:

Jonny just mentioned at the end of an interview in The New Yorker that Radiohead doesn’t have anything in the works

Yeah -- really interesting read if one is interested in his film score work, but that bit at the end was a bummer if one had hopes of new work coming from the band any time soon

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/the-new-yorker-interview/how-jonny-greenwood-wrote-the-years-best-film-score

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Despite no new Radiohead, I’m pumped for both The Smile and Ed’s second solo album. His first was excellent.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n489zkNfjvE

This Smile album is gonna be dope whenever it finally comes out

So folk-y. Can't wait to hear it all.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

HD DAD posted:

Despite no new Radiohead, I’m pumped for both The Smile and Ed’s second solo album. His first was excellent.

Wait, we're getting a second EOB album?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q13NRoG6mvs

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

That's hilarious - I especially thought electioneering was great.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

i like the attention to detail when it comes to reverb trails and delay tappy-taps

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I can't stop laughing and also being impressed at how well made this is, wow

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

No Surprises is really something else

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

First single from The Smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EB5NhI2RQQ

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Congrats to Bends lovers and Eraser haters :(

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Great to hear Thom’s rocker voice reappear for the first time since…Bodysnatchers?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
The guitars are so Sonic Youthy

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That’s very good

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Not what I expected! Nice.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Musically, the song kinda rips, but I think a lyric video was maybe not the best approach for this one.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

This is great.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nice - this was one of my preferred tracks from the Glasto show and this version's great. I just got a mailing list email too. They're doing three shows in London at the end of January and they've finished recording the album. Nice to get an update!

e: £77 for tickets and it sounds like a tiny venue. :( I'm still tempted to try though.

stev fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 5, 2022

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Jewmanji posted:

Congrats to Bends lovers and TKoL haters :(
wooo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Song rules :bisonyes: Can't wait for the album

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I get a weird velvet underground/lou reed vibe from it. I'm sure it will probably grow on me over time

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm glad it's not Radiohead lite.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Welp I'm going to the Saturday show. Kind of cool to know it's going to be their first ever gig (that isnt filmed behind closed doors).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Anyone else got tickets to these live streams?

https://twitter.com/thesmiletheband/status/1481657388117610507

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
My art book x vinyl is supposed to arrive tomorrow!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Boywhiz88 posted:

My art book x vinyl is supposed to arrive tomorrow!

Got mine today! They include extra inner sleeves which was very nice of them, especially because the original inners did indeed get split in transit. Haven't had a chance to spin the records yet but the packaging overall is very pretty, even if they made it about 2 millimeters too large for it to fit in a Kallax shelf wtf Radiohead

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ballz posted:

even if they made it about 2 millimeters too large for it to fit in a Kallax shelf wtf Radiohead

Noooo. In rainbows is like that too!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
My "SCARRY" Book arrived the other day. I wasn't expecting how bulky it was.

Happy to finally get it though. Now the only albums I don't own are Pablo Honey and The King of Limbs.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Framboise posted:

My "SCARRY" Book arrived the other day. I wasn't expecting how bulky it was.

Happy to finally get it though. Now the only albums I don't own are Pablo Honey and The King of Limbs.

I got the TKOL special edition and it's fun as an art idea (no big box set, just a newspaper that is intentionally supposed to get ripped, brown and eventually rot to nothing) but not great as, y'know, an expensive special edition. Materialistically speaking.

I didn't pick up OKNOTOK, but kinda wish I did in hindsight, since once the HttT one comes out (if it comes out - I hope it'll come out) I'll have all the special editions (they'll never do one for Pablo Honey or The Bends)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Barry Foster posted:

I got the TKOL special edition and it's fun as an art idea (no big box set, just a newspaper that is intentionally supposed to get ripped, brown and eventually rot to nothing) but not great as, y'know, an expensive special edition. Materialistically speaking.

It also has that sheet of blotter paper

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

BigFactory posted:

It also has that sheet of blotter paper

yeah wasn't thrilled about that either

didn't even come with acid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

BigFactory posted:

Noooo. In rainbows is like that too!

And at first glance it looks like it'll fit too! But then you try and slide it in and instead got a solid "klunk" and a small bit of you dies inside knowing you have no idea where to stash this thing.