Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

That reminded me of the HttT review where it spent half the article talking about how Thom Yorke got punched in the face once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

Yeah I haven't been to a stadium concert in years but after the timer rolled over at noon yesterday, immediately the only "best seats" available were lovely balcony ones, while the actual good seats available on 3rd party websites (Ticketmaster subsidiaries) were conveniently running $200-900+ a pop two minutes after sales started, not including handling charges. I'm sure this is old hat to people who go to big concerts frequently, and it's always been bad, but Jesus Christ things have gotten out of hand.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

Tim Burns Effect posted:

speaking as someone who's been a fan of both RH and thom's solo work for over a decade now, i saw thom's live show like a month ago and iiiiii did not love it. the music itself is good but man is it not fun to watch being performed. you get thom doing his dances along with two guys (one of whom specializes in basically doing a dynamic version of the old windows media player visualizer) who stand at tables and don't move the whole time.

plus their tables were silver so it just kinda looked like a few guys loving around in an apple store

Guy who made album on laptop performs music from album live... on laptop??? Well I never!

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

Right so don't buy the ticket and go to the show if it doesn't seem like something you'd be into. It's like saying "I went to see Kraftwerk, they were on their computers the whole time and all they had were a bunch of boring visuals!" Like what did you expect exactly, it's electronic music

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

Pontificating rear end posted:

They released footage from a concert in 2000 playing the majority of Kid A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJKOUQS1T4
that really hit the spot

Didn't they play this in full on MTV back around when the album came out?

Anyway this is my fav live recording from the Kid A era https://youtu.be/tZhnUWCDuo4