Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
To be honest, I felt like energy was the one thing it really lacked myself. I was very much not looking forward to it before listening, put it on, 20 seconds in I was like "hey this is actually really nice stuff". But by the end I was kinda like, that's it? To me the whole song felt like it was building up to something and then ended instead. Listening to it again knowing that, I liked it better but I still kinda feel it's a good song that lacked a crescendo or at least some kinda change-up to be a GREAT song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

ZoDiAC_ posted:

The strings do change at the panic attack line, and the style gets denser at the end, the bass changes, in an intelligent way

Anyone just going by youtube should check out the details on the WAV

The vocals are Thom's best in a long time

Yeah, the strings around the middle part are definitely excellent.