Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Pontificating rear end posted:

I remember not thinking too much of The Eraser when it came out, but it really is a lovely, cohesive album worthy of deserving of its own pen-name. Each track really stands on its own but carries the Eraser vibe. The album peaks going with 'Rained all Night' into "Harrowdown Hill", which Thom said was "the most angry song" he'd ever written, so that goes for something. It really lends to the album's clean, darkly-playful minimalist tone though.

Check out the video for Harrowdown Hill on vimeo if you haven't
https://vimeo.com/6421959

I dug out my old CD collection and gave The Eraser another listen today. You are right, it is excellent. I had to check the release date, to see if it was after Kid A/Amnesiac, because to me it seemed to fit in so well with those.

I think it sounded to grim for me in 2006, but it captures the 2020 vibe perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I just found out about this tour, but tickets in Toronto are 300-600$, not even on the re-sale sites. Excited to get the new album, what a great surprise.

I’m also happy with the Radiohead concerts I’ve already got. Saw them play with REM on back to back nights in Vancouver (with crossovers between the bands both nights!), at Lollapalooza and outside of Toronto at a huge outdoor venue, for Kid A tour.

The Toronto one was an all time experience. Flew into Toronto as a 19 year old country boy, train and bus to the concert in the morning. Stood in line all day, when they opened the first gates, you were allowed around the perimeter of the concert venue, but access to main grounds was still gated up. I stood at a gate for a few more hours, instead of getting food or water. Finally, security came up and picked our gate to open first, so
It was a sprint for the front of the stage.

Got crushed for the whole show, but somehow didn’t die of heat stroke or dehydration. I thought it was over when Thom was asking for requests and someone yelled Just. He smirked but they didn’t play it. If they did, crowd would have gone insane. In my experience, Canada loves really loves. The Bends

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I’ve done a lot of highway driving the past month, so finally really got to absorb The Smile. It takes me time to get to love a Radiohead album, this one was no different, but I really really like it.

IMO, it feels like an alternate dimension follow up to OK Computer, where the band took the lessons learned from that and went in a more guitar focused direction, instead of the electronica route. It does not sound like old dudes just jamming, it is new and exciting. I love it