Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Real Name Grover posted:

Goons, what're those strings (particularly at the beginning) reminding me of? I swear I've heard something similar in a Final Fantasy game or somewhere.

Reminds me of the string quartet tribute to Be Quiet and Drive by Deftones, although its not actually that similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuLLekgh3xc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Popcorn posted:

Spent the whole song becoming increasingly anxious that the drums were never going to turn up.

Sounds like there's one drum beat at around 3:47.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Maybe they put the album alphabetical to confuse/deter leakers and leak downloaders.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

There's a transition in between Decks Dark and Desert Island Disk. It's the real tracklist

I meant it was the real track-list, but maybe they arranged the real track-list with the names that way to make people think something went wrong with the inevitable leak (as is happening now).

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's too bad AMSP doesn't open with Ful Stop, and save Burn The Witch for the midpoint.

Agreed. I like all the songs on the album but it would be nice to break up the similar sound.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

I keep hearing "Pieces of a ragdoll mankind" on Identikit as saying "rectal mankind".

Sir Lemming posted:

Until listening with headphones, I didn't realize the weird noises at the end of "Daydreaming" are both a weird backwards voice AND a string section. At least I think they are. Crazy.

Its like a backwards delay effect of his voice that eventually gets overtaken by strings playing the same melody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Popcorn posted:

What is it with the track listing, anyway? Why is it in alphabetical order? They either decided to just go with them alphabetically, in which case that surely can't be the optimal track list, or retroactively named the tracks to make them alphabetical, in which case they surely can't be the optimal track names. (It would explain the weirdness of some of the names, though.)

I think it was either to troll leakers or because they were sick of disagreeing about the order (I know they said they had a lot of problems with that for HTTT). At least one song was renamed; "Numbers" was once called "Silent Spring".