Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

zenguitarman posted:

Has anybody got their hands on this book yet, or heard anything about it?

https://www.hachettebooks.com/titles/steven-hyden/this-isnt-happening/9780306845680/?utm_expid=.OyywKgKNQfKo0ZgN1WBZtg.0&utm_referrer=

Kinda interested in picking it up but would really prefer a hardcopy of there's pictures in it. Also from some of the reviews it looks like it has some ridiculous writing in it...

late reply but I got around to listening to this on Audible the other day. Overall I liked it, in the reviews there was some criticism directed at the way he'll segue into other bands or songs and talk about them at length but IMO it helped to set the stage of the Y2K era. The writing was kind of ridiculous in a "sprinkle lyrics into otherwise serious sentences" kind of way, like literally ending the book with "yesterday I woke up sucking on a lemon and with any luck I will tomorrow too" but it was so weird and shitposty that I kind of respected it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Please Thom I just want my 20th Anniversary Kid A. I don't care if it's a year late. :(

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

SUNKOS posted:

Would be odd to reissue Kid A or Amnesiac a second time.

We already had the original reissues with all the b-sides, alternate takes and live songs and they're fantastic. Why would they reissue them a second time? If they had even more b-sides I think that they would have been included on the original reissues?

Then again it's 2021 and nothing makes sense so I won't rule out anything.

I need more. Make more, Thom.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Hi yes I would like one Kid Amnesiac please.

https://twitter.com/radiohead/status/1435196228896182272

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Barry Foster posted:

This was always gonna be the one absolutely, 100% essential one for me though. Kid A is still my favourite album of all time

I'm always wavering between Kid A and a handful of other beloved albums as my personal Favorite of All Time but it's easily my favorite Radiohead album, I listened to it again today for the first time in a while due to the announcement and it really is just incredible from start to finish. So yeah add me to the list of pre-orders.

I'm digging the new song too. It really does kind of feel like a mix of Kid A/Amnesiac and In Rainbows and I'm extremely here for it :allears: