Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
Also fwiw, gently caress the AMSP final verdicts itt, for me it still stands up there with their best.

It's effusive, remote, and still a little romantic. Detailed, but not in quite the overt way they've done detail in the past, such that the songs breathe and expand more than before.

I really love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
a moon shaped pool rules, it's a bit of a slow burner I guess but I dunno, I think it's top to bottom great.

songs like The Numbers and Present Tense and Ful Stop are among their very best.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
exit music - let down - karma police

that's a banger section

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
I love lots of their songs but have a special place for Where I End and You Begin, feel like that one's always a little underrated.

other than that you know, Let Down, A Reminder, Fog, Nude, Idioteque, Pyramid Song, A Wolf at the Door, Life in a Glasshouse, How to Disappear Completely, Decks Dark, Talk Show Host, idk I love too many to make a coherent list.

I'd have to invent some dumb science to force a top 10.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
the elements of detachment and the faraway warmth of amsp are, to me, kind of its tonal point.

I can see needing to be in the mood to really vibe with it, but it feels like looking back on a life almost, reconciling the sadness of the now with the nostalgia and otherworldly quality of the past. reckoning with the fact that all of it still is you, no matter how disparate it might seem.

and trying your best to take that feeling of loss and age and move beyond it somehow, if that's even possible.

it's a powerful, human record, though I agree that sometimes it takes being in the mood for it to really strike.