Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

hughesta posted:

are there any songs we know for sure were recorded for AMSP but not used other than Lift and Ill Wind? we already got one, and I can't imagine they'd just put Lift out by itself. Maybe Cut A Hole?

My long-shot hope is that they put out another album early next year in a Kid A and Amnesiac sort of deal, seeing as AMSP was so light on b-side material compared to almost every other one of their albums other than Kid A, but that might just be wishful thinking. Thom seemed to indicate in a BBC1 interview recently that he wanted to do more stuff with Atoms for Peace before doing more Radiohead stuff in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Update: I decided to go again tonight because i really want to hear Weird Fishes

worth it to hear the whole crowd singing "EEEEEEEEEEEEED"

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
Thom's solo piano arrangements are always really loving good. Apparently the songs Has Ended and Unmade also have vocals, and Thom's son does drums on one of the track

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

BigFactory posted:

Can a make a list of bands someone might like if they like certain Radiohead albums?

A lot of TKOL sounds so much like Can to me, especially Future Days-era Can.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Especially this funky version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBjhGyWSV2A

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
that Tomorrow Night in Paris demo at the end of 17 is really interesting and it seems like it could have been a great song. Hurts to Walk (My Funky Cloak) is absolutely dreadful though and I can't believe they tinkered around with it as much as they did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

publishko
Feb 16, 2014
Twist went from the worst song pre-release to being one of the standouts on the album