Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Wasn't MSG renovated in the past few years? I heard that also upgraded the acoustics.

Hoping that MSG also isn't too strict for security, because Radiohead will require bringing in smokeables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Unlike 18 years ago, Radiohead can now tour on their own terms and be able to have a work-life balance.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Was i the only one who thought that the air conditioning blasting like crazy on the lower bowl killed a lot of the atmosphere? Going to avoid seats at MSG in the future. But yes, the show was great, the second half in particular.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Osheaga was 10x better than night 2 in NYC, goddamn that was transcendent.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Otis Reddit posted:

AMSP has been a greatest hits tour, with one or two wild-cards per night. If they play two nights in the same city, then you're going to get a more diverse set-list. When I saw em in Montreal, the only rare one they pulled out was Let Down. They checked off boxes for Karma Police, Paranoid Android, 2+2=5, etc, etc. When I saw them in Newark twice in 2012, we heard Kid A, How to Disappear Completely, Go To Sleep, and a couple others that aren't played often.

The Montreal show was like that due to being a festival, where for the past year they have played much more crowdpleasing setlists. All the standalone shows for this tour, even in cities with only one date, have gone deep.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Oh noes, Radiohead is problematic now.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Popcorn posted:

I really think they deserved the lawsuit. You can sing the entire "sheeee's running out" section over the verse. They even owned up to it.

What's amazing to me is that so many bands, particularly Muse and Coldplay, were derided for supposedly aping Radiohead early in their careers, and yet the fact that what remains Radiohead's biggest ever hit single was so obviously plagiarised they actually got sued is barely known even by fans. Sure enough, regardless of what you think of those bands, Muse and Coldplay had transformed their sounds within a few years, just as Radiohead did.

Yes, I too remember when Coldplay changed their sound and then got sued by Joe Satriani over Viva La Vida.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Kull the Conqueror posted:

That June 18th show on radiohead.tv is excellent.

I was there on the 8th row, can confirm, it was EXCELLENT. The audience's respectful and euphoric behavior made it even greater.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Glad I managed to see them on the KOL tour, now that they're all getting old and less interested in lengthy tours I'm not real interested in driving for eight hours to Chicago to see them especially with the ticketing issues

The 2016/2017 shows were excellent, you'll be missing out son.

Going both nights in Boston here (lower level first night, floor second night), cannot wait. Here's hoping the crowd is respectful on the first night because assigned seating can be a pain in the rear end (I had to tell people to STFU at MSG in 2016 - like, really, you're talking through Climbing up the Walls and Morning Mr Magpie and are about to do the same during Pyramid Song??!! eat a dick).

But yes, gently caress yes Radiohead is gonna be loving awesome this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Answers Me posted:

It seems weird to me that there's been no new songs at any post-AMSP gig, not even in soundchecks. Maybe this really is the end :(

Follow Me Around has been soundchecked though.