Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
These are my twisted words might win the prize for most boring Radiohead song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Yeah, TKOL came with a sheet of acid blotter paper and a newspaper.

The original Kid A non-limited edition had great packaging with the hidden booklet under the tray.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
King of Limbs is really good, you guys are crazy.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Well we don't have it both ways;
1) Videotape appears on In Rainbows, this is an album.
2) Say you buy In Rainbows. The other version isn't there.
3) So you have to find the other version and like, compile it yourself.

I get what you're saying but you seem to be pretending the buffed up rework undoes the album Videotape (which I don't even mind!)

You would only be right if you could get In Rainbows in both flavours.

Plus there is something to the idea of the "released studio version" being definitive. Even if many bands, and definitely Radiohead, frequently have better live / radio / basement takes than what's on their albums.

Boo hoo.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I would rather listen to king of limbs than YAWN ok computer

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ZoDiAC_ posted:

This thread is gonna be so funny.

Really?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I think Lurgee is a good song.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Yeah, but in a band that's been going since 92 or something, with such a breadth of work, with festival dates being announced, set lists to speculate over, great resources that capture the genesis of the songs, and a new album coming, not to mention tons of side projects, it shouldn't be too hard to keep the 'you guys are all wrong!' posts til the pages are in double figures at least.

Just my two cents. There is a middle ground between ranking and stats :)

I would kindly ask you to go back and read your posts in this thread.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Too old to go to NYC on a weeknight. Too bad.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
And this is still way better than the Kid A "tour". That sucked. Wasn't that just 2 shows in the US? Like the Rose Bowl and Irving Plaza or something stupid.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Popcorn posted:

I stand corrected - but it's still a little like the 2006 tour where they used some smaller venues. The Roundhouse in London is a surprise considering on their last tour they sold out the O2 stadium. Twice.

I think it's more likely than not that they'll announce the album before the tour starts, but doing it this way round is pretty strange.

They might be filming at the roundhouse or something. Isn't there a BBC show that tapes there?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Barry Foster posted:

I don't really give a poo poo about live dates, but I itch for a new album.

They're really one of the best live rock bands I've seen if you haven't caught them. They kinda nail it in concert.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Radiohead71 posted:

I'm gonna try for one of the MSG shows. What is bad about seeing shows there? Are the acoustics crappy?

Of course.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Polo-Rican posted:

We need a feature like the ignore list, except it's just a "discard my opinions" list

It had spooky green ghosts and came with a sheet of blotter paper. Are we talking about the same album?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I liked how they made the whole thing biodegradable if you wanted to, you know, throw it away I guess?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Anaranjado posted:

I think hail to the thief is bad.

All of it? Like good songs but bad record, or you just think it's all bad. I could kinda get behind good songs that don't work when you put them all together.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The big problem to me is that it's mixed like a rock album compared to Amnesiac which is super lush and dreamy. Throw in some dull tracks and it's not my fave. But There There is one of my favorite Radiohead songs, so that's something I guess.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

hoserama posted:

If only they'd actually put their policy where their hearts are. Make things open audio/video taping (with certain etiquette rules). Then we wouldn't have to deal with hassle of security, and quality would improve even more.

It's not like there aren't a billion other bands who figured out how to do that.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I've moved since the last time I ordered anything from WASTE. I wonder if I'll get one?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Well, how would WASTE know your new address, did you get the King of Limbs delivered there?

Yeah it was delivered to the old address, but I e changed my address with the post office so it might be forwarded. It will be a surprise.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
What's a Goobuster?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

ZoDiAC_ posted:

And, of course, when Thom goes to sleep, All his friends go to sleep too. The band were ornaments on the mouse organ. And Professor Nigel was a carved, wooden bookend in the shape of a woodpecker.

Edit : five more years til lp10

Are you snorting mail order Chinese drugs again?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

olin posted:

Radiohead has been my favorite band since The Bends came out when I was like 11. So, two days ago when they deleted everything, I deleted every image and every post I've ever done on facebook and changed my profile pic to just a white square.

Not a single one of my facebook friends noticed.

gently caress it, LP9 is coming, I don't need friends.

You could have just waited and bought a t shirt.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Jewmanji posted:

Thought it was curious that Burn the Witch is going to be on a 7" with Spectre. They don't typically release any songs on multiple formats right? Is it possible Burn the Witch isn't even on the LP?

Where do you see that?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Hunting bears is a good rear end song.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I wonder if we'll be able to preorder physical copies tomorrow and get the dl? Otherwise you have to buy it twice or wait until June.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Corvo posted:

Speaking of which, considering both The King of Limbs and In Rainbows had some really nice deluxe editions, I think it's a safe assumption that the new album will have something along those lines as well. It will be interesting to see what they do since they're one of very few bands that care enough to put a lot of effort into something like that.

Amnesiac still has the best special edition, and Kid A the worst.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Corvo posted:

I'm just really hoping that what we do get is more substantial than TKOL, at least. They've played so many great new songs live since that album released that it would be a shame to see those tracks left off the new album. I'm hoping that if they insist on keeping things tight that they do what they did with In Rainbows and have a deluxe edition of some kind with extra material.

Speaking of which, considering both The King of Limbs and In Rainbows had some really nice deluxe editions, I think it's a safe assumption that the new album will have something along those lines as well. It will be interesting to see what they do since they're one of very few bands that care enough to put a lot of effort into something like that.

Amnesiac had the best special edition and Kid A had the worst.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Famethrowa posted:

If nothing else, this is the best production job Godrich has ever done. It sounds otherworldy and surreal, but unlike Kid A, it actually sounds like humans are playing the instruments. Get some audiophile quality headphones with a good soundstage, and immerse yourself. It's unbelievable. Tiny details like how Thom's voice creaks on True Love Waits sounds so raw and real.

What's your headphone recommendation?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I was expecting something fancy! You let me down. Are you at least conditioning your power?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Pretty good record. I really like it.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Ok, so after listen #2, I defiantly still like it and think it's a good album, but I wish there was just one awesome summer jam on it. I really don't see this one getting much play at the beach or in the gym. Not even sure if I'm going to buy it on cd in June, cause I listen to CDs in the car usually and this is not the kind of album I think I'm going to listen to while I cruise around with the top down.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

Probably not, no. But I didn't know that was a bad thing.

Where do you listen to music?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Kull the Conqueror posted:

You wouldn't listen to this at the beach? poo poo feels built for an ocean view.

I think you'd bum people out, honestly. I like to keep things lighter when you have a group of folks at the shore I guess. A good summer album needs at least a couple songs everyone can sing along to and I can't make out most of the words on this. Think it would be a tough sell.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Oh, I get ya. I was more envisioning a chez-lounge, headphones, and a book.

I don't know what 2 of those things are.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Let's be real Radiohead is not a summer jam or gym type of band.

IDK this is being hyped up as one of the big releases of the summer? After Drake's bummer of an album a few weeks ago I just need to hear something upbeat. Gorillaz please salvage this poo poo year of music.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Steve2911 posted:

Releasing an album just before summer doesn't make it a summer album. Not one of Radiohead's songs is suitable for a beach.
Yeah it's a huge missed opportunity. Basically done with this band at this point.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Batcat! Batcat! posted:

Why is it a missed opportunity?

You think Radiohead are aspiring to be Smash Mouth or something?

Sorry that Radiohead, ONCE AGAIN (they're fuckin dicks I know), didn't provide you the summer anthem you've always wanted.

jfc I'm not asking for them to be smash mouth, but they could take a few cues from Coldplay or Justin Bieber and write a couple songs that are smart and sexy with great production but also have some pop sensibilities. Not too much to ask.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

Mmmm, yeah that's some good trolling. BigFactory still has it and so do Radiohead because AMSP is really good.

I like it a bunch. Still don't know if it's worth $86 bucks but the packaging looks way cooler than king of limbs at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Sand Monster posted:

So admittedly I haven't kept up on Thom's personal life. Was he married but no longer is, and this is the first record since the divorce?

I don't think they were married, might be wrong, but yeah basically.